Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

gonna focus on mage at the start since i never spent significant time playing as mage or sorc in the first game for some reason, hope my fighter pawn nets me some decent RCs lol

i guess this is just a genre of game marketing now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

if nothing else, 4 skills is a direct upgrade for warriors

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Rinkles posted:

i'm guessing this is going for hate clicks

worse, the writer of the article is just stupid and defending himself in the comments

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

https://i.imgur.com/0r76Dzj.mp4

lmao what the gently caress

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

you don't even need to open the menu, you can even use the hotkey to use a healing item while you're still in the dying animation (unless you hit 0 hp from fall damage)

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

It's pretty insulting in a $70 game. I didn't know Capcom did this kind of thing(not a RE / horror fan) and didn't play the first. I refunded it this morning.

Maybe in a year when it's $20 I'll take another look, assuming they fix the performance.

lol

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Vintersorg posted:

People can be mad - don't be a butthole.

lol

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Feels like a weird response to have. MTX can be fine, I'm playing the poo poo out of HD:2. They outlined their model clearly from the start.

I'm just not going to give them full price for a game that constantly nags at my wallet and has performance problems. If you're having fun, that's great!

why are you making poo poo up

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Ytlaya posted:

Does leveling as different vocations impact your overall growth much?

If I want to be a Magic Archer later, will I benefit from leveling as Mage, etc?

contrary to reports, leveling as different vocations does impact your overall growth, but only to a point

someone did some testing and found that a character that leveled as a thief and then switched to mage had different stats than a character that only leveled as mage

but at some point, late into the game those stat growths will cap out and the thief only and mage only character will eventually have identical base stats as a mage

basically: short term, there's a difference; long term, the stats normalize and there's no difference

ShadowMar fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 23, 2024

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Khanstant posted:

Edit: anyone do this follow beggar quest? I can't follow a man who stay still all day.

he starts moving in the afternoon i believe

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Third World Reagan posted:

It is not

I have seen wolves, a cyclops, and an ogre in town

also lizards coming out of the gate

The town is not a combat free zone

https://i.imgur.com/yBpnKHV.mp4

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

im not gonna lie, as much as i enjoyed playing it, this game feels totally unfinished after you finish the main quests in Vermund which i guess is just dragons dogma tradition now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

the lack of any difficulty and unfinished nature of this game becomes very apparent when the wandering pawns that scale to your level can just go around soloing boss monsters at around level 70-ish so now you dont even get to play the game anymore lol