Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Fenarisk posted:

Maybe this is a dumb question but if the game is moddable, and already has mods, why would you ever spend money on MTX instead of just modding that stuff in?

they honestly don't expect a lot of people to buy it. They put it in there so they can tell their shareholders they are trying to increase profits with microtransactions. Most people don't buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Calidus posted:

Does this game work like FF Tactics such that your going to down one or two job/class/vocation to get a couple of abilities then your going go max out a late game class?

Kind of, in DD1 you would have permanent stat growth from whatever vocation you were which lead to people min\maxxing by playing a class they didnt want for half the drat game. This time around the stats change when you change vocations. What you CAN keep though is some passive abilities and buffs you've unlocked and also eventually there's the Warfarer class that you can build with all your abilities.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

WarpedLichen posted:

I am really curious about the people buying Capcom's consumable packs, they must exist right? Otherwise they wouldn't bother putting it in? There must be some market for this somehow?

This has always been confusing to me too. Like for predatory F2P mobile games I understand what the sales pitch is - "our game sucks on purpose but you can pay money to remove the artificial barriers we put in the way". But the stuff Capcom sells is like, not hard to get at all through normal gameplay so there's none of that "incentive" to push people towards paying money to skip the grind.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Cheshire Cat posted:

This has always been confusing to me too. Like for predatory F2P mobile games I understand what the sales pitch is - "our game sucks on purpose but you can pay money to remove the artificial barriers we put in the way". But the stuff Capcom sells is like, not hard to get at all through normal gameplay so there's none of that "incentive" to push people towards paying money to skip the grind.

It's genuinely that it requires no effort to implement while making shareholders happy. "Here, we have a bunch of $1 things people can buy" and maybe like 200 people total buy them and oh look a free $200 profit for literally no effort.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Pls we don't have a single Thief pawn on the sheet yet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CPUxGkeK6FHGsSe1igMFOsSc-81RxfUxVHRDqr-KyE4/edit#gid=0

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

You know how you sometimes you think "this game was great, I wish I could experience it for the first time again"?
Dragon's Dogma 2 is just literally THAT.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, this is the genuinely exhausting thing.

People have telephoned game this to "You actually have to pay money to do everything in the game!!!" which is false on every level. The MTX are boring poo poo you get plenty of in-game for free and like one song pack. It's dumb but the definition of ignorable, but you have people like Lord Packinham trying to pretend otherwise because they read a thing on Steam.

Lol, what are you talking about? I’m trying to tell you why they are getting review-bombed into the dirt. The microtransactions are worthless, I even said it in my post. They are the same worthless micro transactions they added to RE4 remake and monster hunter.

The difference is this game has massive performance issues and deserves the beating it’s taking. The game is a 10/10 when it’s not sub 20 fps for no discernible reason.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My character is a thief. Is that what goes on the sheet or is it my mainpawn thing?

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Feels like a weird response to have. MTX can be fine, I'm playing the poo poo out of HD:2. They outlined their model clearly from the start.

I'm just not going to give them full price for a game that constantly nags at my wallet and has performance problems. If you're having fun, that's great!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Shard posted:

My character is a thief. Is that what goes on the sheet or is it my mainpawn thing?

It's for pawns so you can hire them for free, you should put yours on there anyway, there's bound to be someone who needs whatever (s)he is.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

a game that constantly nags at my wallet

How is the game doing this in any way?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

It's for pawns so you can hire them for free, you should put yours on there anyway, there's bound to be someone who needs whatever (s)he is.

honestly I hosed up my main pawn and I wish I could re-do it lol.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Feels like a weird response to have. MTX can be fine, I'm playing the poo poo out of HD:2. They outlined their model clearly from the start.

I'm just not going to give them full price for a game that constantly nags at my wallet and has performance problems. If you're having fun, that's great!

Dragon's Dogma 2 doesn't do that. Literally the only place to see the stuff is on the out-of-game DLC screen. There isn't even an in-game store. HD2 literally nags at your wallet more. If you boot up DD2 without looking at the Steam/PS/whatever DLC screens you would have no idea it exists.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

why are you making poo poo up

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

How is the game doing this in any way?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

the game doesn't advertise them in game. on the main menu theres an option for "online store" but other than that you'll never see it. it doesn't even do the annoying things alot of other games with micro transactions do where it advertises current bundles on the main menu. it's the most ignorable thing in the world.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I'm just not going to give them full price for a game that constantly nags at my wallet

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Roobanguy posted:

the game doesn't advertise them in game. on the main menu theres an option for "online store" but other than that you'll never see it. it doesn't even do the annoying things alot of other games with micro transactions do where it advertises current bundles on the main menu. it's the most ignorable thing in the world.

it also very explicitly is not a game built around inconveniencing the player to promote MTX, although it's perhaps easy to make that assumption if you never played the first and don't get that a significant part of its vibe is archaic design in the same style as modern draque

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

People are only hating due to racism against the Japanese, and thats the tea

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Just added mine to the list, ID TCUJKRSK72RO

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
I wouldn't have bought the game if I knew about the microtransactions, but I did and haven't had a chance to play yet - how bad are the performance issues being reported?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Depends on your machine. Games ran fine for me, bit of slowdown in cities but nothing to foam at the mouth about.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Did grab always do nothing against bandits? It feels really weird that it doesn't affect them in literally any way.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh yeah if anyone is put off by the microtransactions, or worried that this is one of those "we made the game poo poo on purpose" kind of situations*, if this is like DD1 you'll be swimming in currency and gear and whatever else pretty soon. Like you thankfully CAN ignore the shop. It's a shame they went and did it though, because now instead of talking about playing the game or sorting out ini settings and poo poo to get things running better this discussion has to suck up all the oxygen in the room

*They may have optimised it poo poo though oops

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Nucleic Acids posted:

I wouldn't have bought the game if I knew about the microtransactions, but I did and haven't had a chance to play yet - how bad are the performance issues being reported?

i can't speak for every card and CPU out there, but my performance on a 3060 Ti/i5-12400F is rock solid on the overworld and minor settlements with no issues (barring, like, two or three times i had some weird slowdown in specific dungeon corners), but i crater to about 15-20 FPS in the main city, which is irritating but not a dealbreaker since i'm only running around and talking to merchants in it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Did grab always do nothing against bandits? It feels really weird that it doesn't affect them in literally any way.

You need to knock them off balance somehow first.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Jack Trades posted:

I remember it being really hard to grab anything but the most basic bandits you one shot.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Nucleic Acids posted:

I can't honestly complain about either. The dlc is ignorable because it's all stuff you can get in game just by playing, and it isn't made tedious to encourage you to buy the dlc. It just plays like a good video game. Also I haven't had any performance issues with a 3080.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

You need to knock them off balance somehow first.

I see.
It's really weird that the bandits just don't react to you trying to grab them. They could've at least had a brief struggle animation or something.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Also they do almost nothing to advertise the dlc at you in-game. There's a link to the store page in the main menu and that's it. I remember back when Dragon Age Origins released its DLC they literally put an NPC in your camp to direct you to buy it

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Now that said I'm regretting spending my preorder rift crystals on getting Diogenes instead of buying some spectacles for my pawn in the guild later (Diogenes is great btw he hates pigs for some reason?)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

You missed quoting my lol

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Leal posted:

Just added mine to the list, ID TCUJKRSK72RO

Nice. Might hire her later, the RC cost is kind of steep right now considering you're not on my friends list.

It seems like Thieves are the bottleneck so far, at times I enter the Rift and there's not a single Thief among the available pawns.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Walked posted:

Woof.

Performance in open world is reasonable (100-120fps consistently, no dips below)

In the city; I'm getting a stuttery 40-60 on average.

4090 / 7950x3d / 64gb RAM / 1440 ultrawide
Not even running maxed out settings.
All drivers updated/etc.

Tried the DLSS mod but it just turned everything red-tinted, maybe will revisit.

Still playable, but drat does it feel a little choppy and worse than the visual FPS shows it should feel. I'm sure it'll get some patches and whatnot, and it's still playable, but lol

So the current state with the performance issues is that trying to lock it at a constant 60 or 120 fps @ 4k with a 4090 might be rough on PC?

Is anyone playing the ps5 version? Does it get a constant 60 fps @ 4k?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I just looked through some of the Steam reviews and half of them are outright lies, like this one that over 12k people found helpful

Yeah get their rear end gamers, this is our 9/11

(also lol, made that review and then played for another 7 hours which is more than even I currently have in it)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Shoehead posted:

Now that said I'm regretting spending my preorder rift crystals on getting Diogenes instead of buying some spectacles for my pawn in the guild later (Diogenes is great btw he hates pigs for some reason?)

he's mad because they keep sleeping in his big clay jar and making a mess

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
saw a streamer picking up and smashing boxes for loot

i feel like i did that a few times with nothing dropping so i wrote it off :negative:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
When is 4k not rough on PC? That's next Gen stuff.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

It seems like Thieves are the bottleneck so far, at times I enter the Rift and there's not a single Thief among the available pawns.

I see a few Thieves but I can never find an Archer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

At work and on mobile but feel free to add mine to the spreadsheet, otherwise I’ll do it once I’m home.

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

Pawnposting - Galuf is skilled to be relatively self sufficient for some damage and CC with the self flame buff, helm splitter, ensnare, and concussive step.

PC ID: MAH3GBTJR4HM