Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Someone on Twitch has the game early so I would expect spoilers to be in the wild soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://x.com/AllFatherMedia/status/1769388034380677574?s=20

pew pew pew

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://twitter.com/i/status/1770499566334332956

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
i5 8600k gang rise up

(i've got 2 1/2 hours left on my download)

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://twitter.com/i/status/1771652003900362934

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
PEMH0UD52627 is my Pawn's ID. Her name is Lavinia and she's currently a Warrior. She thirsts for monster blood, please use her. She's currently leven 32 or 33. Something like that. Maxed Fighter, pretty high Warrior.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I found an abandoned mine not far from the desert capital that had a sweet armor for my thief pawn that had like 100 more defense.

Also there was a ladder my mage levitated up to and dropped down, which led to a fight against a new type of minotaur in a very cramped space. After killing it, I opened a nearby chest and got a mace that has the description that it is good against minotaurs. Thanks game.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I'm level 52, unlocked all vocations, been all over the map, still never encountered a Dullahan

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Love seeing a lone harpy somewhat close by, slowly making its way towards me, but my Sorc pawn already casting Meteor at it.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Only thing I’m still wrapping my head around is inventory. I’m scooping up everything I see without knowing how useful it may be then I get overburdened so I pass things to my pawn then she gets overburdened and I don’t want to sell poo poo because hey I may need it later. There’s a lot of crafting to figure out too.

I’m just a little guy I can’t be carrying all this heavy stuff!

Innkeepers have storage you can dump stuff into, and it's a shared storage between every innkeeper.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
The best part about Frigor is when a hired pawn casts it and my main pawn picks up an ice chunk it leaves behind and throws it at a harpy

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

GhostDog posted:

Just stumbled upon a skeleton lord(?) at night and my level 25 party did basically no damage at all. Dude just utterly annihilated us lmao

The big like 7 foot tall armored skeleton with a big rear end sword? Cuz I met one in some catacombs and boy, he just face tanked everything we threw at him and had me knocked down over and over. We got him eventually but fighting him in 2 small rooms with a tight hallway separating them was not ideal!

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

2) Warfarer, how does it work? Do you equip the weapons you want, and using their appropriate vocation skills switches you to that weapon? Or do you need Rearmament to be able to switch weapons and thus movesets at all? I was thinking of a Fighter/Warrior hybrid, with Fighter's dashing stab and climbing monster stab, with the Warrior's shoryuken. If I don't need Rearmament, I'm slotting in the Fighter's autoparry or an Archer skill just for those goddamn harpies.

You can equip up to 9 weapons, and in the equipment menu you can see numbers associated with them. When you use Rearmament, it cycles through them in that order.

You can only equip 4 skills and Rearmament takes 1, so you're pretty limited. I see it not as a "do everything" vocation but like you're thinking, fusing like 2 vocations together. Any weapon you switch to also gets the benefit of having the Core Skills you've unlocked from its Vocation.

Also playing as Warfarer ranks up all your vocations, albeit at a slower rate. I've been playing Warfarer for a while, and my untouched Mage and Sorc vocations both hit rank 2 at the same time, but not nearly as fast as if I was playing as them.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

Got a quick q about Golden Trove Beetles. There is supposed to be a cap to how many you can consume, but I've explored most of the map, and I don't seem to have reached it yet. Is the cap just the total number of beetles in your game, to prevent you from achieving ludicrous endurance limits by getting beetles from other players?

I think I saw a post either in this thread or another forum where someone determined that you stop getting bonuses after using 80 of them, which sounds like a lot.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I killed a Medusa and got a archer bow from the corpse. It has really high attack power, is incredibly heavy (like 15kg), when using it I get more EXP from enemies, which is awesome. However it makes your Archer skills use a ton more stamina. For example, Spiral Arrow takes like 75% of my bar. If I don't have that much and I use it, I literally just collapse to the floor and a pawn has to come get me up.

It owns, I put it on Warfarer and use it as my primary weapon, switching to daggers when I need to.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

In the quest log - a quest marked with an hourglass is timed (I assume), what does the blue hand mean though?

You've got a pawn that knows the quest.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

External Organs posted:

I gave a bouquet to a random innkeeper and he said he had no idea what it was

You're lovers now.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
One of my favorite repeating pawn phrases is when I talk to a merchant, open the Buy menu, and then close it without buying anything. Pawns usually say something "Browsing is good, but it's also smart to not spend your money", but I swear I heard a pawn reply to that saying something about how the merchants probably don't appreciate it.

On the flip side, if you buy a bunch of stuff, pawns say things like "It must feel good to drop such a hefty sum"

hell yeah it does

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Entered the final dungeon (not post-game), and some dude I met maybe twice challenged me to a duel. Playing a Bowfarer, so I ran up to him, jump kicked him, and shot an arrow while flying back from him, only I went off the bridge, fell to my death, used a wakestone, and got Quest Complete because I ran away.

10/10

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Another tip for playing Archer: don't neglect Front Kick. It counts as blunt damage, so if you encounter something like the rock lizards that arrows and blades do almost nothing to, just run up and start kicking it. Also I feel like the kick staggers/knocks down enemies pretty easily.

Also skeletons are weak to the front kick as well

RubberLuffy fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 31, 2024

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Post-game silliness

Told to go talk to city leaders to evacuate the city

Go to Vernworth - Disa is locked in her room?
talk to Sven, who now has a crown - he says I need to talk to Brant
talk to Brant - he says if the world is ending I need to talk to Sven
talk to Sven - "Brant told me the world is ending and we need to evacuate", but he needs to convince his mom and I need to convince the ox-cart drivers to help
go to Disa's room, pick her up, carry her to Sven. Sven "hey thanks for bringing mom to me"
go to the Ox-cart - Allard is throwing a tantrum because he wants to use the carts for his valuables. I pull out my daggers and he runs away screaming, then the ox-cart driver says thanks, quest complete.

Go to the Elf village. Talk to the leader
Leader - "We elves will stay here"
talk to him again
"we're staying"
again
"no"
again
"ok you convinced me, let's evacuate"

I can see this kinda poo poo being frustrating or whatever but I just laughed.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Got the true ending. The post-game was cool as heck.

Everything was super easy because I was already level 60 when I got to it.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I probably missed this my first run, but I started NG+ and was running through the woods, and a goblin threw an explosive barrel and hit me in the face, and then his 4 goblin friends just started laughing at me instead of attacking.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I got like 35 or so achievements just playing through the game, although I don't really care about grinding them out or going out of my way for them.

I did decide to look at some of them on Steam to see what the game wanted that I didn't do, and apparently one of the secret ones is have a fight break out in your house between the characters that love you which is funny as hell, almost makes me want to go for that one.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Decided to go Trickster for NG+ just to see how it goes. I was running with a Fighter/Warrior/Sorc team but the Sorc had Meteor and Maelstrom so it was just a bloodbath on their part. So I got rid of them and put in a Thief. It's pretty actually a lot of fun just setting up my simulacrum and buffing my allies. Sure, they're all like level 65 with endgame gear, but it's great watching them swarm an ogre, and just destroy it.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Clocks posted:

I don't know that anything locks up but there's a big scene that happens after you pass through the battahli sealed door. I'm actually not entirely sure what happens if you port out at that point. Actually I haven't seen many people mention it, but I'd say the big giant that you fight was a really cool setpiece, kind of on par with the Sphinx. I was sweating a bit as it was making its way inland, worried I wasn't going to get it down in time because it took me a bit to figure out how to climb it, but I think the game is set up in such a way that it's probably impossible to fail to take it down given all the NPC ballista support you get. In fact I had killed all its weak points and had to just sit on it for a few minutes until it finally fell. I had gone to volanic isle before any of this happened and had done most of the sidequests there though, so I'm not entirely certain how much of them you can accomplish if you get there after this segment, so I'd probably do it beforehand.

e: oh yeah, as a fun aside, when the thing in my spoilers appeared, I had a thief pawn with me that immediately jumped on it as it passed by a cliff, and then it was still in the water and I was worried I was going to have to fight that thing with a pawn down. (Luckily pawns will kind of auto-port to you if they get far enough away which is what happened there, but it would have been really funny for this pawn to have been very heroic and end up brined.)

I found out that the weak points you damage fall to the ground and can be looted for wakestone shards.

Also regarding exploration chat, I never cared about what I actually found, I just enjoyed looking for stuff. When I beat the game it said I opened 476 chests.

Also I think the real point of no return before the post-game is when you're following Plot NPC and it seems really urgent, but an NPC will run up to you and be like "hey you look tired, go sleep at the nearby inn", it felt like a real "hey get ready" type of thing but also really funny.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

The thing is the game is piss easy.

if it's so easy then why do I keep getting eaten by wolves

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Vargs posted:

Pretty bizarre that they added extra progression systems and shoved MA/Warfarer so incredibly late into the game, presumably for your NG+ playthrough, but then didn't scale anything up in NG+ at all. Not sure who is all that excited to do another playthrough of one-shotting a million goblins and harpies.

I'm playing Trickster for NG+ :colbert:

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
In NG+ went back to Melve to see the Spearhand event just for fun

Dragon attacked, I hit my Trickster Pawn buff and my Fighter/War/Thief team just go nuts on it. After a moment of them getting into position, my pawns did so much damage it went from like full life bars to 2 in like one sequence of attacks, and I think it skipped the trigger to fly away and escape, because it kept fighting and we killed it.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I somehow missed Myrddin and his house in my first run but found him in NG+. He locked me out of his house so I jumped onto the balcony and went in through the second floor, but this really made him mad so he tried to kill me. I left the way I came and thought things were okay, but when I went by his front door again he came out and yelled at me then my Thief pawn jumped on him and stabbed him to death.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
When I beat it the game said I had 6 max affinity characters, and I only knew Ulrika because I did all her quest stuff, and Sigurd since I helped him out. I think Lennart may have been one?

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

TeaJay posted:

Fight against Raghnall was a bit annoying due to him stunlocking me so I took the non-honorable route, ensnared him once to stagger him and tossed him into the chasm.

I jump kicked them when using bow as a Warfarer and flew off the platform myself and died. When I used a wakestone it said I completed the quest by running away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

Are there any quests that branch on or at least acknowledge wakestone use, like a couple in DD1 did? I ressed that Radagast guy but he didn’t have any unique dialogue or anything.

Eh, not really the same thing but after I failed the Empress assassination quest and used a wakestone on her, one of her attendants started talking to me about how a miracle happened the next time I came around.