Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
my pawns fuckin love ladders so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Before I get got by it again: Does the game frequently repopulate open world areas so a quest can take place there? I cleared out Trevo Mine and Marve Village but the game reset them when I reached the Vernworth and the main quest directed me at them. I had to go back out and do them again, where they acted like it was the first time I'd visited. Is that going to happen again?

edit: I guess I expected the game to recognize I'd already done the "monster culling" it was asking for. In one of the three spots, it did. Odd stuff.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Mar 28, 2024

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The innkeeper at Vernworth disappeared in my game and won't come back. Where did he go..? I can't sleep without him..... At one point a goblin spawned in the town and everyone panicked, and then after that the innkeep was gone. No body in the hall of dead.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Aw. I did but it's empty. Is there a way to confirm somewhere if he died? The inn building isn't even close by but EVERYONE lost their minds. It just happened a minute ago so maybe he's lying dead on the floor or something idk. Way to kill all my motivation to play the game capcom.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Don't make a new character, just switch to a different vocation.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah he's just gone, resting won't bring him back and he hasn't been murdered by rogue pawns or something. This is a good reminder after 20 hours of play that video games are a time investment and if they don't respct you, you don't have to respect them by finishing them or talking about any of their positive qualities. Don't buy this game, regardless of if it's fun to play it doesn't matter because it's not even finished

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I just said he's not in the morgue

They made the innkeeper invunlnerable in the first game so this couldn't happen. If very specifically he died, he would just come back.

mdct posted:

The ability to buy a house in Vernworth (which only costs 20,000) happens pretty early on and does every task an inn does. The innkeeper being gone, if it's actually a huge deal down the line for whatever reason, is also fixable.

That's good to know but an NPC just running through a wall and out of the game is unacceptable when it cost $70

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
On reflection, my innkeeper pulling a houdini is more of a straw/camel's back sort of thing. Sorry for getting a little mad. I do appreciate the game has a way around these unfortunate happenings. It's odd that they knew it could occur and didn't necessarily fix it from happening, but instead added a workaround that suffices. However, I'm fine with that and think it's valid. There is just so much like that here that needs a little reflection to get why it is that way, I suppose, and it'd be nice if it were more like the first game where he just warped back if you threw him in the brine.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

quote:

Making the quest that allows players to acquire their own dwelling (where they can save and rest) available earlier in the game.

The update that dropped fixed my softlocked game, now it no longer matters that the inkeep evaporated because I can just go buy the house. Glad that they are actually listening directly to bug reports.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Phlegmish posted:

Reminds me of the :wtf: moment when my pawn asked me this:

I think your pawn might have a concussion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Fallout 3 levels of optimized game development on display here. I wonder if this game too will corrupt your save if you leave enough poo poo on the floor across the world or touch enough physics objects.

Edit: in the first game, over a little while, items on the ground would slowly turn black and flashing and eventually vanish. Corpses do in this one but that's about all.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 6, 2024