Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ground floor!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I really wish there was some good way of sharing pawns and characters. People have made some insanely good creations but there's no way I can see to dump out a preset as a string or anything. I myself made a pretty good Doctor House, M.D. and a passable Will Ospreay.

Best method I can think of is taking screenshots of your customization sliders. Yeah, it's kind of cumbersome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Vermain posted:

not seeing any information about how wolves hunt in the OP. does anyone happen to know

I heard they ill like fire

e: my mistake, that's actually goblins, wolves love fire

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Feel like everyone is going nuts over mystic spear hand, magick archer, and trickster and I'm over here grinding my teeth in anticipation of just playing a fighter and warrior again. I'm hoping there are (positive) changes to all the classes but I think it's gonna be really tough to tear me away from the most basic of basic vocations in this game, they just felt so good to play in the first one.

Hell, same. I mostly played as Strider last time, so this time I'm planning to be a basic bitch Fighter -> Warrior. I'm stoked for some melee.

My cave dwelling characters are ready

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I just wonder what kind of shenanigans we'll be getting up to in the plot, I assume it'll be some anime bullshit (not necessarily in a bad way) involving the naive but well-meaning prince

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The moment he caught my eye I knew I was in love

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I will say that the character creator gave me a VRAM warning the first time I opened it, and I'm running an RTX 3070, so it seems like it will be demanding in that regard (on the higher settings at least). Unless it failed to detect my graphics card and was looking at the integrated graphics instead, which does happen sometimes, including in NVIDIA's Control Panel itself lol

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Dragon's Dogma 2 - It's Only Tits And Dragons

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

K8.0 posted:

Am I the only person who thinks everyone who plans to focus on a single class is mentally ill?

I don't know but I hope you are in fact the only person who thinks others are mentally ill for not approaching the game in the same way

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I will never use some YouTube pawn and instead will be throwing any I see over a cliff

:haibrow:

Not playing DD2 to watch epic reaction videos

Cliffbound

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Same, I've never owned a controller, so I played the first game with keyboard and mouse.

I thought the moment-to-moment gameplay was fine, but they make you use random keys to navigate menus, instead of just letting you use the mouse. Disappointingly, judging from the character creator, that doesn't seem to have changed.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

lih posted:

watching someone stream it early and the pawns are basically constantly spouting inane dialogue, just with more variety than dd1

I'm looking forward to finding out whether or not goblins like fire (no spoilers please)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I want the one that makes them talk more

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Draven posted:

First game in I can't tell you how many years that I've actually pre-ordered.

Same. Broke my own sacred rule of never pre-ordering. My body is ready.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

So it's not known yet whether or not we can use the New Zealand strat

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

TheMostFrench posted:

That came across far too seriously. The pawns are canonically targets of racism or at least prejudice for their unusual emotionless nature. I'm told the game opens with a Pawn slave mine. Now people are using the character building tech to create even more non-human pawns, and I'm sarcastically remarking that I just can't wait to see how they'll handle that.

No I am not actually hoping they will be racist.

Oh lol I thought you meant more along the lines of accidentally hiring a pawn with the Racist inclination and she keeps hurling slurs at the monsters you're fighting

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Putting the final touches on my pawn's make-up, and as always it's hilarious when you drag certain sliders all the way to the right:

Don't tell me I'm wearing too much make-up, this is not a phase mom, the Golden Woman is who I really am

Before settling on this more boring/conventional option:

e: might tone it down even further, I'm just not a fan of the heavy blush look.

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 19, 2024

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Clocks posted:

My memory is pretty terrible so I legit don't remember what I played in the first game. Pretty sure it was strider, so I'll probably go thief -> mystic spearhand (yeah yeah, me and the rest of the world) or try magic archer or something. Or, I mean, since the stat distribution doesn't matter anymore it can't hurt to try everything until I figure out what I like.

Also pretty sure my pawn was a mage which must be the most common thing to do as well. I'm torn between "well it makes sense, you get to bring your own support with you!" to "well everyone else is doing it, so I should do something different" to "well what if everyone else is going to think the same way and make something different and then I'll need a mage-" good ole WIFOM. (I'm also aware you don't need a mage.)

I followed the same reasoning in my decision to make an Archer pawn. Then it turned out that tons of people were making archer pawns, probably similarly assuming they could stand out this way since everyone else would be making a mage as per usual. Yeah, classic game theory.

In the end, I think you should just make your pawn whatever you feel like without thinking about it too much, it'll work out regardless. Mine is still an archer just because, and also because I assume the AI will be competent at hitting targets from afar, possibly more competent than even I myself would be.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

we finally have info about what dragonsplague is and how it works and it's basically pawn herpes, this is going to devastate the online pawn community if it works the way I think it does

also LMAO if this works how i think it does the only two ways to get rid of it are to kill your pawn permanently (or whatever "forfeit" means) or they give it to another pawn, and if that's permanent it means people are going to rent pawns, give them dragon aids, and then release them and whoever rents them will have it and risk giving it to their own pawns

Why...why would they do this

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Draven posted:

Wonder how many Karlach pawns we're going to see.

I've already seen several Lae'zels on this very forum, where I could also tell it was supposed to be Lae'zel without the goon even saying anything.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I got Moon Moon

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Well I tend to get attached to my party members in video games so I'm not going to drop a pawn I like just because they contracted a pawn STD

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

VanillaGorilla posted:

It unlocks at 0000 local time on console so if you're on Xbox you can just swap your region to NZ and play it a day early (0700 EST on Thursday)

Game turns out to be a smash hit in New Zealand, with more DD2 players than inhabitants

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Pwnstar posted:

My soul: My Arisen should have a goth gf goblin best friend.

This is the way to go.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Clever Spambot posted:

I saw someone earlier in the thread say that inclinations cant be changed in 2, is there a source for that or are people just assuming because its something you select alongside the voice?

I really doubt that's the case, in the first game you could have your pawn just sit in a chair at the inn and change their inclinations that way.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Owl Inspector posted:

Random arisen I made before I decided on a pawn, might try to make a Saga arisen although I've already spent a few hours goofing around in the editor this week and learned I am not on the same level as the people making these

Alright I normally don't care for pawns resembling real people/fictional characters, but I would make an exception for Handsome Squidward

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

If your Arisen ends up getting it they get carted off to jail

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Is preloading a thing on Steam as well? I don't think I've ever played one of these games on release day.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I found this article saying preloading will be available on all platforms starting sometime today:

https://videogames.si.com/guides/dr...e%20two%20days.

Don't know how accurate this will end up being.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sea Lily posted:

I prefer the Pawn system as-is, an AI controlled party member. I don't want direct control over them, depending on them to do their job is part of the fun for me. A Pawn feeling like it's own individual is an important part of why I enjoyed Dragon's Dogma 1 and it's a big part of what I'm looking forward to in 2. They're not just an extra body for me to command around, they're like... my buddy. Taking on the world together.

Same. I want it to be like the first game where you enter a temple or something, they comment on how it's a sacred place we should treat with reverence, before immediately grabbing and smashing every urn, vase, pot, or crate they can find in search of loot

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

There are no options for things like earrings in the character creator, right? I assume maybe they'll be wearable items you can find in-game.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I cannot stop tweaking my main character + pawn at the last minute. Please help me decide on an appealing haircut for my pawn, I'm bad at this sort of thing. Most types of bangs are supposed to bring out striking eyes (and everyone loves Shadowheart's bangs and would never say anything bad about them obviously), so I want that to be a part of it, but beyond that I'm having trouble settling on a specific cut. Tell me which of these three you prefer:

1)

This is the one I have right now. I do like how voluminous it is, but I'm not sure about the way the lower part starts curling upwards. The whole thing seems slightly reminiscent of one of those retro sixties haircuts, which isn't necessarily the vibe I'm going for.

2)

Medium-length, mostly straight but slightly wavy. Not much to say about this one, but I don't consider that to be a bad thing, I often like straightforward simplicity.

3)

This one's very different in that there's a lot going on here - bangs, side bangs, and a braid. I like all the elements individually, but do they mesh well together?

I am playing the most difficult game of all, Fashion's Dogma, pls help

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Nuebot posted:

You smash things yourself? That's what the pawn is for.

Yeah, that's what I meant, I don't remember if they only do this if they have the Scavenger inclination, but it was hilarious

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sea Lily posted:

I like the second hairstyle the best of that bunch. It keeps the kind of fun messy look without being too retro feeling.

Draven posted:

I like number 2 personally.

Okay, well, it seems people like option 2. I can see why, it's straightforward and relatively short without being outright tomboyish. That narrows it down to either 2 or 3 for me, I think 1 is just too retro in an indistinct way. With 3 I don't think the braid is strictly necessary, but I do like the side bangs, I've always been a Zooey Deschanel fan.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Listen I don't want to be selfish but will this run well on my i5-12600K

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Apparently not, it doesn't run well on anything. Xbox Series X performance makes it the preferred console to play if you are going to play the console version. PS5 performance is the 2nd weakest, followed by Series S.

I am going to throw a temper tantrum if I can't see my Arisen + pawn, plus everyone else's pawns, in full glorious detail

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Cross between Robotnik and 19th-century Irish gang leader

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

johnny park posted:

Is anyone able to preload the game on Steam yet? I thought we were supposed to be able to by now

Yeah I actually have good Internet, but I still want to be able to play right away, especially since it drops at 1 AM where I live

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Draven posted:

He really doesn't touch on any negatives and the brief moment he brings up framerate he says "who cares?" Because he feels the overall feeling of the game outshines performance issues.

See I don't entirely agree with that, if the performance is poo poo I will dock points for that, even if I otherwise love it. It's just something that affects your experience.

AcidCat posted:

I was originally going to wait for sale on this one but these reviews are making me realize that was a foolish, ill-informed stance, last minute preorder activated.

:getin:

You're in good company, I also bravely preordered despite it hurting my soul on principle

Infinity Gaia posted:

So I guess we just aren't getting a PC preload?

Yeah what's up with that, it was supposed to release today. I guess it's still Wednesday in North America

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 21, 2024

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sea Lily posted:

finally settled on my Arisen's look for when the game launches tomorrow night. Decided she's a mad alchemist, who's frustrated that a grand destiny's been thrust upon her when she'd rather be in her lab doing unethical experiments

That's really cool, getting Fullmetal Alchemist vibes from the tattoos.

For my own pawn, I finally settled on the bangs + side bangs + braid look. I briefly experimented with going blonde but decided against it, the dark hair makes the eyes pop more.

I don't know why I'm spending so much time on this stuff, the game doesn't have a 'hide helmet' feature and there's no way I would ever not min-max my gear. They knew exactly what they were doing when they released the character creator early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This dude has not updated his hardware in twenty years and I respect that