Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

harold and minerva out to save the bloody country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Man I have NO idea what the hell im gonna play, this is great. I’ll try all of it but I suspect I’ll lean more in one direction but idk what yet. I was gonna play fighter but everything looks so good and sick

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I can't believe I'm saying this but after watching some gameplay footage from channels that got early access stuff, I'm actually leaning towards Trickster a bit. Pawn AI seems like it's a lot better now, and with how hectic and big some of the fights can get (especially the outdoor ones) I think it would be kind of interesting to play as like a battlefield controller. Buff my guys, make some strategic walls to funnel them in areas, direct them to do certain things. Curious to see what their actual attacks look like, if they have any, because they seem useless if your pawns are gone.

That, or play a sorcerer and instead of all that stuff just spawn a tornado and send everything to space. Choices.

Weirdly I'm less inclined to play MA than the rest of you, spearhand also doesn't look like my personal cup of tea. Gonna go with a battlefield controller this time around, I think. Could be fun! Or suck. Who knows?

also I was going to do it as a joke but the more I think about it the more I might actually play the old dude and his sad wife as my arisen and pawn, I think it'll be hilarious. Although I feel like if I play trickster I should be a catte

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I think it gives me replayability but if it’s anything like the first game you’ll want to play EVERYTHING for augments if nothing else

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Zore posted:

Do we have a list of what all the specific class actions are? I know Mages get healing but I can't remember/find what the other vocations get except for I think Mystic Spearhands teleporting to melee.

Oroboros posted a skill overview that has some skills for every class, including core skills

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Kefa posted:

No, one person is enough for me :banjo:
Human male dex build or archer, do you really need anything else

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Did DD1 have accelerated spellcasting? Mage and Sorc both seem to have a way to spend stamina to cast faster in DD2, which rules. Cast sprinting

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
this one appears to also have that

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
from what leakers have been saying on the subreddit the pawn AI is absolutely bonkers and you fight a LOT, which rules. I still think there's definite potential in Trickster and I'm excited to try it out

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
depends on if you want to skip out on the best part of the game IMO

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
should be fine in DD2, they have WAY more pawn voice lines and will have conversations with each other and stuff. should be varied enough that it won't be nearly as annoying

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
god i cant loving wait this is gonna rule so much, i waited a decade for this

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Draven posted:

I'm torn on what vocation I want to try out first now. I was looking at trickster but after watching the introduction video to the mystic spear, they just look fun as hell.

Man this game is going to eat up so much time.

i have heard from the leakers that it will be a good amount of time before you find the unlock people for advanced vocations, let alone the two new ones, so you'll have a lot of time to try everything out first

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
https://www.reddit.com/user/shidolL/submitted/

this guy has been posting a bunch of clips, not a lot of spoilers IMO (he marks the actual spoiler ones) but man there's so many gameplay clips that look so good and sick

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
warfarer swap is EXTREMELY quick from what i've seen in showcase footage. watched a guy mage hover into a cyclops head then swap to warrior and grab the head instantly, also saw similar with the mystic spearhand teleport directly into rogue spinny drop

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Zore posted:

Yeah plus for most classes you got 3 skill slots for each weapon and since you only have a single weapon now you technically get more skill slots for that weapon specifically.

The only classes it really hurts are Mage/Sorcerer because they had the full 6 spells and that already felt a bit restrictive. Especially Sorcerer here since the core skill is just a way to cast faster.

They also have a way to (augment spoiler, or core skill, not sure which) store a spell and cast it instantly next time they cast at the cost of stamina

which absolutely rules and will be extremely funny if exequy is in this game

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

K8.0 posted:

Mages have quick cast too. I think Sorcerers have stamina recovery in the spot mages have heal. As far as I can tell the way it works for both classes is that if you press the button while not casting you will cast heal or the stamina recovery ability, but if you press it while casting another spell then you get spell haste for a stamina cost. It's possible I'm slightly off on that, though.

I'm basing this off the previously released info that goes up to vocation rank 4 (out of 9), I'm sure you can find more complete info on higher levels core and slotted skills now with the leaks but I'm avoiding that.

Sorcerer R2 is recovering stamina extremely fast (mage is anodyne). Sorcerers seem like they cast off of stamina and can use it to do a bunch of poo poo, which is kinda neat. Gonna need stamina augments for sure.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
no shot

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i might need to buy a new CPU to play this at the level i want to play it at, and i might actually do it just for the sake of playing it at the level it deserves

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
definitely keeping the old man arisen because it's hilarious but i'm torn between his large old wife or a cat girl or something just to have some variety

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
alright i have decided, here are my boys

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
tried to make the fat one look drunk and british, hard to give him the right red shade for his skin but i'll take it. the fat one is, of course, min height, and the tall one is not quite maxed but pretty tall. Harry and Barry

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
If it helps based on footage it looks like archer will have some sort of auto targeting but you can aim for precision shots if needed, but there’s footage of people just shooting arrows and they hit whatever’s closest

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
honestly playing through DA with a support pawn made me realize how insanely OP they can be. grapnel and torpor are absolutely nuts. thinking about being the support lockdown mage this time now that pawn AI is apparently goated. imagine warfarer with mage/trickster, buffing your pawns up and then locking everything down so they just annihilate everyone

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
we finally have info about what dragonsplague is and how it works and it's basically pawn herpes, this is going to devastate the online pawn community if it works the way I think it does

also LMAO if this works how i think it does the only two ways to get rid of it are to kill your pawn permanently (or whatever "forfeit" means) or they give it to another pawn, and if that's permanent it means people are going to rent pawns, give them dragon aids, and then release them and whoever rents them will have it and risk giving it to their own pawns

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 19, 2024

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

Why...why would they do this

Well on the plus side it’s 1) probably rare, and 2) makes your pawn way stronger while it has it, so it’s a risk/reward thing. Also there’s plenty of pawns out in the world so you won’t necessarily alter the online pool

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

GreatGreen posted:

like if you get to the end of a long dungeon and there's some [your-party's-damage-type] immune boss you cannot progress beyond

this did not happen a single time in the first game, you're making up scenarios to get mad at

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
the closest i ever came to something like that was attempting a solo mage playthrough and getting to the golem in the canyon, but i just rolled up my extremely long flowing sleeves and beat it to death with my bare hands. and forgot i can't damage the floating ones so i just ran away afterwards

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Mr. Baps posted:

Trickster looks cool but it seems like it's going to depend really heavily on how competent pawns are, both in general and the particular crew you have. I want to try it out but not as much as I want to try Spearhand, or Warrior, or Sorcerer, or...

apparently pawns are really good now and have excellent AI

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
The wind is pushing meeeeee

I can only hope dd2 has a stupid rear end intro like that, if not I’m modding into free back in

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
last chance to make an arisen, perhaps ill give beastren another chance. i just wish they had tails, feels like such a waste

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I wish I could play my DD1 arisen but sadly they removed short sliders. Might be able to mod them back in, though.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Guess I can't make my arisen from DD1 but I guess I could just make an adult version. In DD1 it was hilarious to play a child so I can just play the same Arisen but later. No idea what I named it though, gotta download the game again and find out, I don't even remember if I COULD name my arisen in DD1.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
unrelated this appears to be my first screenshot from the first game according to steam

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
yeah but if you make a male arisen you can name him John Dogma

also, only 40?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
You can unlock more hair colors in game (like the first game) and potentially more haircuts as well.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Yeah base heads are kinda nutty, there’s an insane number of them and they’re all so different, it owns

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
not going to engage with ragebait clicks

instead i have spent the last hour recreating and aging up my DD1 arisen/pawn. I like what I did with the tattoos, idk if it has the effect I wanted but I think they're neat. As you can guess my Arisen was mostly a magick archer and I wanted to reflect that, also I think it looks sick. Annoyed I can't tattoo hands.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
the final day, <24 hours remain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Mine was the jester