Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Can you make your cat person look like a sphynx.

The sphinx as we know it or Dragon Dogma 2's sphinx?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Trickster is an odd one because it's not really a vocation where damage is the focus. Definitely seems like a make or break sort of thing that will be heavily influenced by the pawns you have and their inclinations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

If anyone purchased a key on Humble Bundle, you might have your key now. I checked mine by happenstance and it was available. I didn't get an email for it. No preload currently so no rush.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

NeurosisHead posted:

I wonder if there'll be a PC pre-load? I've seen chatter about one for PS5, so I'd think so. But then which'll be faster; decrypting at launch or downloading and risking the servers being choked . . . :sweatdrop:

I wouldn't expect a download for PC until tomorrow at the very earliest.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Clever Spambot posted:

I saw someone earlier in the thread say that inclinations cant be changed in 2, is there a source for that or are people just assuming because its something you select alongside the voice?

There is literally an item in the deluxe edition that is available in game normally that can let you change inclinations. Wherever you heard that is wrong.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Gyoru posted:

No preload on PC at all
https://support.fanatical.com/hc/en-us/articles/17695416005010-When-will-I-get-my-Dragon-s-Dogma-2-pre-order-key

source: Fanatical's (owned by Fandom, the for-profit branch of Jimmy's wikipedia) DD2 product support page

That's odd (not the preload), I got my key from Humble Bundle this past weekend. Blows for everyone else I guess. I honestly don't understand why some publishers are like that. Just let us preload, not every one has fast internet still in this day and age.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

That's a fun concept:

https://twitter.com/TheSphereHunter/status/1770568013093499254

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Rise's play areas are smaller and have far less complex AI for the roaming fauna in comparison to DD2's NPCs, large monsters and enemies. I'd easily see it as a scaling problem.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Forgotten Rift Stones are a cool gimmick. Go find them!

Simple inclined pawns are great, they gather a lot and proactively hunt wildlife. They even found one of them gold trove beetles.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

https://youtu.be/HtGpp1v8c_k

Definitely in need of some performance patches.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Pack of harpies put my whole gang to sleep in the starting region :(

:darksouls:

I mean, the real Dragon's Dogma starts now!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I said come in! posted:

The trick appears to be to have the AMD 7800x3D for your CPU. With an RTX 4070Ti, and DLSS enabled, I am getting 120fps in the capital city.

Is that even including being near the the greater riftstone? That part of town seems particularly heavy.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Now that part I am just now discovering still tanks my performance but keeps it above 60fps. Its not even the most impressive or biggest building in the city too.

Yeah, that's similar to my experience on a 7900X and 4080. Game just needs some patchin'.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Shyrka posted:

Do you lose your camping kit if you get ambushed when camping?

I made camp outside this little hut by the river and then woke up to ghosts screaming and goblins throwing fire pots and the camping kit was gone from inventory and I couldn't see it around the campfire, although it was dark so I might have missed it. Wound up just running through the night to the capital with barely any health because of an ogre.

Yeah that was explained to me from a friend. It's part of the reason why the tutorial tooltip for the camps says you should probably clear the area before pitching a tent. Otherwise for an uneventful night, you keep your camping kit for another night.

Edit: You also don't lose it if you set up camp, cook to get buffs and then break camp without sleeping. Useful when you need a little oomph for an upcoming challenging fight.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 22, 2024

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Thundarr posted:

Do pawns update their level / equipment / skills on the network when you visit a rift stone, or only when you pay to stay at an inn? I wanna say I remember rift stones working in DD1 but I'm not sure if that works here too.

Main pawn levels with you, hired pawns only update after releasing them back into the rift and resummoning them if there any updates for that pawn.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

lets hang out posted:

in the first game having pawns way above your level reduced the amount of exp you got by a lot. didn't really matter too much but it did happen

The XP penalty was -1% per level above yours capped at -25% per pawn and inversely an underleveled pawn would give a 1% bonus also capped at 25% so you could have an overleveled pawn and underleveled on to even it out.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Thundarr posted:

No I mean when does the network update your main pawn's information for when other people hire them. I don't think it continuously syncs, does it?

When you sleep at an inn.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Wha… what did you think levitate does?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

SHISHKABOB posted:

Listen the game has funky controls.

I know. I live for funky controls. How else can I Mario 64 wall jump into a spot all my pawns can’t easily get to and end up brining themselves in the process.

Emergent gameplay!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

Dragon’s Dogma 2 remembers how Dragon Age Inquisition gave you like 14 active abilities but only let you use 10 at a time. What this game presupposes that instead of having 10 slots, you had 4.

And I thank Itsuno for that and if something doesn’t work I can hit up the nearest camp to change unlocked skills.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

cuntman.net posted:

do you/your pawn need to be in the specific vocation to get the skill from the vocation master?

Nope, I've gotten a few maister scrolls not being in that target vocation.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Shyrka posted:

Coming out the ancient battlefield I was accosted by a random pawn but then I noticed she looked familiar so I had to hire her.

While everyone is focused on the Melenas, my distrustful rear end is focused on my ol' pal, Patches.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

If there’s a second, reliable source I’ll let it go but Fextralife in general I avoid for incorrect or unsubstantiated info.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CJacobs posted:

The innkeeper at Vernworth disappeared in my game and won't come back. Where did he go..? I can't sleep without him..... At one point a goblin spawned in the town and everyone panicked, and then after that the innkeep was gone. No body in the hall of dead.

Did you check all of the floors of the morgue? There's several of them. Otherwise, if it's been a few days past that they disappeared then they are probably dead dead and can't be resurrected. The morgue only holds bodies for so long.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

A gore harpy just dumped me into the ocean

It’s what they do if they’re not slamming you into a cliffside wall. It do be like that.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

A patch is out:

quote:

We have released an update including the following modifications and fixes:

Adding the option to start a new game when save data already exists.
Changing the number of "Art of Metamorphosis" items available at Pawn Guilds in the game to 99.
Making the quest that allows players to acquire their own dwelling (where they can save and rest) available earlier in the game.
Improving quality when DLSS SUPER RESOLUTION is enabled.
Fixing an issue related to the display of models under some specific settings.
Miscellaneous text display issues.
Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Reminder that performance improvements are coming later.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

DLSS does look to be a bit sharper I'm noticing. So that's something.

Edit: Probably placebo, but Vernworth runs a tiny bit better, not like over 60fps better, but feels the frame pacing evened out a little maybe?

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 29, 2024

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

BadLlama posted:

So I bought this and had 3 crashes in the first 30 minutes, all during cut-scenes, so I refunded.

Just to make sure, there isn't some silly setting I can change to fix this right?

Dunno, could be anything in your PC without being more specific. I have 40+ hours (2-3 on yesterday’s patch) in the game and have yet to experience a crash.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Leal posted:

I've only seen modest and meager camping kits and I don't know what the difference is because they both weigh the same.

Their descriptions should give you some clues.

And in case anyone who doesn't already know, you should probably read the item descriptions because items actually do what they say they do that is not represented in stat comparisons.

Edit: To explain further, a modest camping kit is the worst camping kit as it is susceptible to being destroyed more often when ambushed at night. The mundane is better just for being not as susceptible. There are other camping kits that have a regional advantage in Vermundian and Battahli areas, the explorer's camping kit that less chance of being destroyed the farther out from cities you are and the elite camping kit that is marked as resilient against enemy attacks.

I've had an Elite camping kit pretty early and it has yet to break from enemy ambushes while 3 out of 4 times I camped with the modest, I lost it.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 29, 2024

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Khanstant posted:

I thought ambushes only happened if you tried to camp while goblins were literally chilling within view and I always do a quick goblin sweep before bed, so why not in game too.

Other enemies have a chance to attack. I've had a couple instances of skeletons attacking.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

I have 50 hours in the game and I'm yet to see a camp ambush.

Your DM is kind. :cry:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

From what I experienced, losing your camping kit is a dice roll and not hard number. It just seems like the odds are in your favor for higher tier kits. Doesn't mean you won't lose an elite one on the first try however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

Some of these medals, I swear...

Was going crazy looking for it when the radar went off while visiting the vendor in elftown. Take a look up, and what do you know
How do you even get up there?

That looks like a render error? There should be a dome on the top of the structure unless it’s a different elf gazebo from the one I’m thinking of.

Edit: oh that’s in the elf village, I thought it was the one in the cave with an ogre nearby. Nevermind!