Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Did DD1 have something like new game plus? I remember it had a significant post game, but could you replay the campaign with the same character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Every loving review mentions a griffon swooping in and the reviewer being surprised. Let me tell you who isn't going to be surprised... it's me

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Phlegmish posted:

I'll get my revenge, any pawn I come across who looks like a celebrity or 'content creator' will be mercilessly thrown off a cliff.

With those who resemble fictional characters I will decide on a case-by-case basis (there is always room in my party for Handsome Squidward)

I'm hoping to have an entire party of Sandor Clegane

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
I see a few of you have unlocked logistician.

How?

Edit: answer on this page above me.

George Sex - REAL fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 23, 2024

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Broken Cog posted:

Found the Logistician specialization for pawns, the one that makes pawns rearrange the inventories of your party. It's from the high priest taking donations of food/gold outside the slums in Vernworth. Give a few donations and he'll give you a quick quest. Complete that.

Either I didn't get it from this quest, or I somehow sold the item that grants the specialization. Any idea on if there's another way to get it?

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Any guidance around getting my pawn to loot everything? I've hired pawns that will break every box and loot corpse and my pawn seems lazy by comparison

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

big nipples big life posted:

simple inclination is the looter pawn.

Thank you. Now how do I stop my pawns from calling me gay all the time

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
I don't really buy all the "The game is so advanced, so CPU intensive" explanations for the poor performance. I have a 7950X3D and have been getting the exact same performance that everyone seems to be getting regardless of their CPU.

Usage caps out at 30%

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Can someone rent my pawn and give them the logistician item? The interaction bugged and now I can't get it myself :3

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
If anyone wants to trade a Logistician book for a Forager book, add LeatherJacketAttitude on Steam and we'll do it and you'll be my friend online and irl.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Some more trickster talk, I played mage and sorcerer to ten. Thief to 4. I then played trickster to ten and have spent the most time on Trickster.

Trickster, more than any class it seems, needs to hit 3 to do really anything. Seems like a design error, because most people might get the specialty say "What the gently caress is this. I'm not doing anything and can't do anything" and just move on.

What makes the class viable, or the most obvious component of it, is its buff to pawn damage that comes at level 3 and is strengthened at level 5. Without it, your party damage will noticeably drop. Aromatic Rally is your compensation. It feels powerful. It needs to scale and I'm not sure if it does. People online have said it scales off magic, which would make sense. Trickster, though often your contributions are harder to feel, can seemingly do as much damage as any other class just from this one ability.

The rest of the class gimmick involves drawing aggro and running your ghost around. Then, when you get it, getting your maister skill to cause chaos to groups and to eventually knockdown larger enemies.

Every other ability seems kind of like a gimmick. Illusory walls/floors require preparation and will make encounters longer and more fraught. There's an ability that focuses on seeing enemies through walls.

Most trickster abilities are kind of bordering on useless or require too much from the player to make work. There seems to be exactly three good abilities with two edge cases in espial incense and latching effigy.

I'm 50/50 on it. Thinking it's fun/interesting, but also wanting more from it, wanting it to feel less obtuse.

Also, crucially, it's the one magic class with no mobility skills. For how much running around you do on this class, nothing in it helps you with that. That to me is the biggest bummer with it. Let me fly like mage/sorceror or switch places with my ghost. Seems like there had to be a switch places with ghost ability at one point.

George Sex - REAL fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 26, 2024

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Demiurge4 posted:

Honestly the mystic archer unlocking so late isn’t the worst part, it’s the dwarves smithing. Knockdown is king and by far the best upgrade path for bows and daggers, puts them on par with warrior maces but it’s basically gated to a new game+.

Really? I got Dwarven Smithing shortly after hitting sand town.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Is there any guide to affinity? Does it degrade over time? Do I need to say hi to my friends all the time to remain friends?

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Draven posted:

So has anyone maxed trickster yet? I'm wondering if it gets better.

George Sex - REAL posted:

Some more trickster talk, I played mage and sorcerer to ten. Thief to 4. I then played trickster to ten and have spent the most time on Trickster.

Trickster, more than any class it seems, needs to hit 3 to do really anything. Seems like a design error, because people might get the specialty say "What the gently caress is this. I'm not doing anything and can't do anything" and just move on.

What makes the class viable, or the most obvious component of it, is its buff to pawn damage that comes at level 3 and is strengthened at level 5. Without it, your party damage will noticeably drop. Aromatic Rally is your compensation. It feels powerful. It needs to scale and I'm not sure if it does. People online have said it scales off magic, which would make sense. Trickster, though often your contributions are harder to feel, can seemingly do as much damage as any other class just from this one ability.

The rest of the class core involves drawing aggro and running your ghost around. Then, when you get it, using your maister skill to cause chaos to groups and to eventually knockdown larger enemies.

Every other ability seems kind of like a gimmick. Illusory walls/floors require preparation and will make encounters longer and more fraught. There's an ability that focuses on seeing enemies through walls, which is as useless as it sounds. There's even an upgrade.

Most trickster abilities are kind of bordering on useless or require too much from the player to make work. There seems to be exactly three good abilities with two edge cases in espial incense and latching effigy.

I'm 50/50 on it. Thinking it's fun/interesting, but also wanting more from it, wanting it to feel less obtuse.

Also, crucially, it's the one magic class with no mobility skills. For how much running around you do on this class, nothing in it helps you with that. That to me is the biggest bummer with it. Let me fly like mage/sorceror or switch places with my ghost. Seems like there had to be a switch places with ghost ability at one point.

EDIT: Mechanically I think it's actually very powerful, but it's a class that's limited in variety. Every build, I'm sure, will use the exact same 4 abilities. It's also pretty obtuse.

George Sex - REAL fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 27, 2024

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

explosivo posted:

Little bummed to hear the advanced classes are sorta underwhelming, I apparently picked the most OP class (thief) from the start so I'm not really looking forward to changing it up for something that kinda sucks comparatively. I wish I could assign those classes to pawns, that might be more interesting.

I think that Trickster might actually be the most powerful class, it's just weird and unintuitive, maybe slightly boring compared to the others.

EDIT: Forget all the janky stuff. You need only two abilities. The damage buff and the maister skill. Then, get yourself some DPS pawns and you're set to take on any boss, really really fast.

George Sex - REAL fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 27, 2024

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Just finished the game spending most of my time with trickster. As novel and viable as the class is, I feel like it probably isn't the ideal class to get the most out of the game.

How's Arcane Archer?

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Is there any way to bring low level equipment to parity with high level equipment? Dragonforging?

Some of the high level stuff looks like rear end and I don't want to feel like I've gotta use them out of being optimal.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
It seems that affinity decays because my beloved was the last idiot I took on a walk (rear end in a top hat wizard) and not by beautiful Disa, who I spent the first half of the game giving flowers to

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Hearing about people's specs/performance makes me scratch my head about my own. I've got a 7950X3D, 6400HZ ram and a 3090 TI. Fans barely speed up if at all, temperatures stable, ~30% CPU utilization in cities and I really can't break 40 FPS. The rest of the game is fully inconsistent. Weird experience, nothing quite similar. I'll randomly get 60+ FPS while adventuring and just think how much better it feels. Wish I had a solution

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Broken Cog posted:

I find it funny how small of a role the dragon had in this dragon's dogma game

Dragon story spoiler The dragon seems to be an unwilling pawn, same as the player. It would be an interesting subversion if any part of the story was good. I was sad that my pawn turned into a tar demon.

I think I'll wait for the game's performance woes to be addressed by playing anymore Dragons Dogma 2.

I did enjoy the game, even in its current state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Has there been any further discussion of a patch to address performance issues? Had taken a week or so off.