Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

counterfeitsaint posted:

There's really only one thing I think that would make me want to watch this show. Does Gambit have a legit Cajun accent now?

he has no accent anymore :smith:

Genuine spoiler if you plan to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Rubber Chicken posted:

he has no accent anymore :smith:

Genuine spoiler if you plan to watch

Mon ami

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

Those abs...

Just imagine the milk of Magneto runnin' down them cum gutters as he rides his metallic plug through the sky!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Stunt-Puffin posted:

Those abs...

Just imagine the milk of Magneto runnin' down them cum gutters as he rides his metallic plug through the sky!

So many crunches...

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

The Hardened-Wood of Evil Mutants

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Stunt-Puffin posted:

This made me remember my first experience with the X-Men which was from a Cracked magazine parody.

In it the Ex-Lax Men battled Milk of Magneto who beat them by giving them all the shits.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I still have the oversized X-Men wedding special somewhere, that poo poo was stupid as gently caress

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I still am shook at what happened to Marvel Girl.

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

Vakal posted:

This made me remember my first experience with the X-Men which was from a Cracked magazine parody.

In it the Ex-Lax Men battled Milk of Magneto who beat them by giving them all the shits.

Lol, that was literally where I cribbed the reference from. I just thought I'd try to be clever and twist it into a cum reference.

All this X-Rated talk is giving me a Hellfire Chub!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Stunt-Puffin posted:

Lol, that was literally where I cribbed the reference from. I just thought I'd try to be clever and twist it into a cum reference.

All this X-Rated talk is giving me a Hellfire Chub!

Logan gets dressed up all fancy like....

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

redshirt posted:

Logan gets dressed up all fancy like....
then bends Spreadpool over for some Sinister Sex!

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Hazo posted:

How does Magneto fly

Like I guess the idea is that his suit is metallic and he uses his magnet powers to levitate it, but I think that’s stupid as gently caress because it’s equivalent to trying to fly by pulling up on your own feet

The whole 'master of magnetism' and him going to metal for his basic offense makes one forget that his power is not magnetism, it's ELECTROMAGNETISM. One of the four fundamental forces of the universe electromagnetism. With that, Magneto can control electrons. You know what has electrons? Everything.

Seriously, forget just magnetism and electrical power stuff. If he really can control electromagnetism fully, he could in theory 1) turn invisible (due to visible light being a type of electromagnetic radiation) 2) phase shift (electromagnetism is what keeps solid objects from passing through one another and thus he could deactivate this and walk through walls or go beyond that and become completely invincible) 3) unleash any kind of laser blasts at his foes (once again, light is electromagnetic radiation, as is everything on this chart, so that's also heat vision, x-ray vision, being his own radio and being able to scramble any others at his leisure, and producing microwaves, macrowaves, and the deadliest form of radiation on a whim), 4) Create optical illusions via, again, manipulation of light, 5) explicitly control half of physics, all of chemistry (which when boiled down is the study of protons, neutrons, and electrons), and most of biology (which is a combination of chemistry and physics), 6) manipulate valence electrons, in which he can force chemical reactions to occur that are normally impossible or make reactions that normally occur not happen, 7) Manipulate nervous systems to turn people into puppets or kill them by just turning the electrical impulses that govern nervous systems off, 8) Also hijack electronics via a similar method, or just fry them outright with EMP waves 9) flash freeze or heat matter by imparting or taking away kinetic energy through protons and electrons 10) transmute anything into any other thing by rearranging particles at the subatomic level, 11) disintegrate anything larger than a nucleus, and there's yet more.

Basically, absolutely anything that can be done by natural means, Magneto can theoretically do. How does he fly? I could give you a list of ways.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cornwind Evil posted:

The whole 'master of magnetism' and him going to metal for his basic offense makes one forget that his power is not magnetism, it's ELECTROMAGNETISM. One of the four fundamental forces of the universe electromagnetism. With that, Magneto can control electrons. You know what has electrons? Everything.

Seriously, forget just magnetism and electrical power stuff. If he really can control electromagnetism fully, he could in theory 1) turn invisible (due to visible light being a type of electromagnetic radiation) 2) phase shift (electromagnetism is what keeps solid objects from passing through one another and thus he could deactivate this and walk through walls or go beyond that and become completely invincible) 3) unleash any kind of laser blasts at his foes (once again, light is electromagnetic radiation, as is everything on this chart, so that's also heat vision, x-ray vision, being his own radio and can scramble any others at his leisure, and producing microwaves, macrowaves, and the deadliest form of radiation on a whim), 4) Create optical illusions via, again, manipulation of light, 5) explicitly control half of physics, all of chemistry (which when boiled down is the study of protons, neutrons, and electrons), and most of biology (which is a combination of chemistry and physics), 6)manipulate valence electrons, in which he can force chemical reactions to occur that are normally impossible or make reactions that normally occur not happen, 7) Manipulate nervous systems to turn people into puppets or kill them by just turning the electrical impulses that govern nervous systems off, 8) Also hijack electronics via a similar method, 9) flash freeze or heat matter by imparting or taking away kinetic energy through protons and electrons 10) transmute anything into any other thing by rearranging particles at the subatomic level, 11) disintegrate anything larger than a nuclear, and there's yet more.

Basically, absolutely anything that can be done by natural means, Magneto can theoretically do. How does he fly? I could give you a list of ways.

Why don't you just join up with the Evil Mutants?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Cornwind Evil posted:

If he really can control electromagnetism fully, he could in theory 1) turn invisible (due to visible light being a type of electromagnetic radiation) 2) phase shift (electromagnetism is what keeps solid objects from passing through one another and thus he could deactivate this and walk through walls or go beyond that and become completely invincible) 3) unleash any kind of laser blasts at his foes (once again, light is electromagnetic radiation, as is everything on this chart, so that's also heat vision, x-ray vision, being his own radio and can scramble any others at his leisure, and producing microwaves, macrowaves, and the deadliest form of radiation on a whim), 4) Create optical illusions via, again, manipulation of light, 5) explicitly control half of physics, all of chemistry (which when boiled down is the study of protons, neutrons, and electrons), and most of biology (which is a combination of chemistry and physics), 6)manipulate valence electrons, in which he can force chemical reactions to occur that are normally impossible or make reactions that normally occur not happen, 7) Manipulate nervous systems to turn people into puppets or kill them by just turning the electrical impulses that govern nervous systems off, 8) Also hijack electronics via a similar method, 9) flash freeze or heat matter by imparting or taking away kinetic energy through protons and electrons 10) transmute anything into any other thing by rearranging particles at the subatomic level, 11) disintegrate anything larger than a nuclear, and there's yet more.

So what you're saying is, he's a lazy bum

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Cornwind Evil posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjuWKAMAlQU

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

Oh boy! I can't wait to read about my favorite hero Scott Cummers (AKA: ThighDrops) in the new Dark Penis saga!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm a turbo nerd and I stand with Scott Summers.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Captain Hygiene posted:

So what you're saying is, he's a lazy bum

That, comic writers are not scientists, and you could always do something like say "Doing the metal stuff is like lifting a thirty pound weight in terms of mental effort; he's trained and is old enough so that's it's easy, but doing other things is akin to lifting heavier weights, or maybe is the equivalent of having to do advanced math calculations in your head while the metal thing is 2+2 = 4"

He's not alone. Storm's power is 'control the weather', so that usually defaults to fly on wind, shoot lightning bolts, maybe make some tornados or heavy snowfall. But if she's allowed 'full control of the weather', she could do things like agitate the air molecules in an enclosed area to heat it up, or dampen them to a degree that the temperature drops so fast she can literally freeze people in place and freeze the blood in their veins, control air pressure in such a way that she could form shields around herself to deflect physical force, or just suck the air out of everything and make people pass out or suffocate. She can make hurricanes, possibly hurricanes that are larger than any that could form naturally, and by extension she could create tidal waves, or wind forces that could NEGATE tidal waves, or just twist the weather in an area of unknown size, possibly the size of cities, multiple cities, states, etc to cause a cascade of terrible snowball effects. And that's not considering that in the comics her weather control includes 'control elemental energy', which she used at points to 1) Create a sort of 'cosmic storm' on another planet to produce an effect to shield the planet from a massive blast of solar radiation 2) Seal a breach in reality, 3) Losing control of her temper on another planet made her powers almost ignite the whole planet's atmosphere, and while she managed to keep from doing that, she still caused planetwide aurora borealis. Not to mention she's so good with her weather control that she not only can fire lightning bolts that can annihilate giant targets like Shield helicarriers, giant monster worms the size of skyscrapers, or have so much voltage in them it can heat the air in the immediate area to six times the surface of the sun, but a cosmic evil force called the Adversary admitted that her lightning could, in theory, 'reduce him to dust', and she was able to throw lightning bolts with such control and intensity that she hurt Thor with them. Yeah. Thor. God of Thunder Thor.

Heck, Jubilee's power might default to 'make pretty fireworks, maybe shoot some explosive blasts', but her power is technically 'spontaneously generating explosive plasma', which is a type of being able to manipulate nuclear reactions. Which means that if she knew what she was doing, she could potentially explode matter on a subatomic level. Of course, with the whole thing of Jubilee being a 'mall baby teenager', it's understandable that she defaults to simple things.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I know how to defeat the Juggernaut, but no one will listen to me until like what, a full day's battle and he wrecks up so much stuff. He's still on the loose right now!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This last episode was nuts. This whole season has been nuts. So much poo poo happens in every episode. Except the Jubilee one.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Stunt-Puffin posted:

Can Gambit and Rogue could have sex with gimp suits and condom?!

They got married years ago and Rogue has one of those power dampening necklaces that were all over the place back in the 90s but she never figured out to use so she could get busy. It’s just a bracelet now. Rogue and Gambit gently caress.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

ballistics statistics posted:

They got married years ago and Rogue has one of those power dampening necklaces that were all over the place back in the 90s but she never figured out to use so she could get busy. It’s just a bracelet now. Rogue and Gambit gently caress.

What's with her and magneto having a romantic past?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He has a magnetic personality

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

A Strange Aeon posted:

What's with her and magneto having a romantic past?

Her and Magneto have hooked up 3 or 4 times in the past comic runs, sometimes in different comic universes. I think in one universe they have a kid but I might be wrong, my coffee hasn’t finished brewing yet. The clothes shes wearing during the flashback in the show are probably referencing when they were together in the Savage Lands.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Her and Magneto have hooked up 3 or 4 times in the past comic runs, sometimes in different comic universes. I think in one universe they have a kid but I might be wrong, my coffee hasn’t finished brewing yet. The clothes shes wearing during the flashback in the show are probably referencing when they were together in the Savage Lands.

Any more steamy details?.....

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

Smugworth posted:

Any more steamy details?.....

All the horny fanfiction you want is only a google search away

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

All the horny fanfiction you want is only a google search away

Are you insinuating comic fans want to have sex with large breasted women dressed as superheroes?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Now that there's no malls anymore, what does Jubilee do all day if there's no supervillains to deal with? Is she a Twitch streamer now?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

Now that there's no malls anymore, what does Jubilee do all day if there's no supervillains to deal with? Is she a Twitch streamer now?

Busy being a vampire I think.

So whatever they do.

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

Jubilee arc in a post mall-rat world:

* Be woke
* Stream Fortnite / Roblox
* Hit pay pigs
* Eat hot chip
* Become Chan-rat
* Get Redpilled
* TERF Tradwife?
* Campaign 4 Prez Kelly
* Get Genosha'd

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Yeah, they were together with a kid in Age of Apocalypse. For those who don't know, it was about Xavier's crazy son Legion deciding to go back in time and kill a young Magneto, only for Xavier to take the bullet for him. That caused the present to change to a hellscape where Magneto leads the X-Men against Apocalypse. It was 90s as gently caress.

Also, in that timeline, Juggernaut became the world's swollest monk.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

edit: holy poo poo that was an actual ace of base song nevermind

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 11, 2024

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

show good. REMEBER IT

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I remember there being a lot of weddings in X-Men comics.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Extra Large Marge posted:

I remember there being a lot of weddings in X-Men comics.

But no one wants to marry Hank McCoy

Good

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

just wanna remind everyone that the latest episode “Remember It” is insanely good even by this season’s high standards. it’s a GOAT TV episode

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

Wait, is 97 actually good? I really enjoyed the show as a child, but when I looked back as an adult it had a lot of flaws and was all over the place. I was riffing here on the assumption that 97 was just some mid nostalgia swill that was too childish to satisfy the original audience now that they've grown up.

Can we get some effort post reviews from people who've actually watched the whole season?

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Stunt-Puffin posted:

Can we get some effort post reviews from people who've actually watched the whole season?

"It loving kicks rear end"

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Ok that wasn't an effortpost but the animation quality is pretty high, most of the voice actors are either the same people or great imitators (who actually sound closer in some cases since they haven't aged 30 years in the meantime). The pacing is breakneck and the stakes are high AF

It's good. Not just empty calories nostalgia good. Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I wish the Friends of Humanity were a bit less white and rednecky. It kind of makes the obvious real life parallel too on the nose imo