Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What's the odds of them doing the Dark Phoenix arc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Exactly 0 because they already did it in the 90s show that this one is a sequel to.

Oh cool it's a sequel, I thought they were just remaking it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, that's the reason why it's called X-Men '97, because it picks up right where the old cartoon ended in 1997.

I only read the comics in the 80s, I never saw the show. I was too cool in the 90's, man.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If I was Cyclops I too would go buckwild with the lasers.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MY X-MEN! TO ME!!!!!

Also, if it was "woke" shouldn't it be
X-Folks or something?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I was born ready Bub.

*Snikt

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Question for the X-Men experts: In issue XXXX Wolverine was absolutely obliterated, but was able to eventually regenerate just from a small remainder of skin and blood. While I accept that as possible, how was the admantium regenerated to cover his skeleton? Since it's not natural to his body. Thanks.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TrashMammal posted:

the admantium was magnetically bound to the x-factor in wolverine’s dna. that’s why he survived the weapon x project, why it grew back, and why only magneto was able to truly separate wolverine from his unbreakable skeleton

From my many watches of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, this does not check out.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TrashMammal posted:

i was just doing what comic books do and making it up as i went along

That does check out.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Valko posted:

I once saw someone ask a serious question; "Who would win in a fight between Superman and Wolverine?"

It turned into a serious debate. I didn't involve myself but kept asking who was the sexiest comic book character. Somebody called Mr. Scolex said "It's me, I am." Apparently he wrote for independent comics. I looked at his profile pic. He wore his coat zipped up past his nose and was carrying a handpuppet around in public - Mr Garrison style.

Yahoo chatrooms, riveting stuff.

"Who would win in a fight" is one of the foundation discourses in comic book lore

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vakal posted:

Just watch this collection of Apocolaypse lines and you've seen the best parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M

Such a lovely voice....

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

We had an english kid come to our american elementary school and we were playing X-men and he told us all that he "wanted to be X man" and we laughed and laughed at him.

Evil British mutant origin story

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

covidstomper58 posted:

Sure, he has a title card.

Select all of the bishops you see in this image.

Not a fan of this X-Men lineup. Feels real imbalanced. Got a couple of energy thrower types.

Where's the heavy hitter? Where's the slugger? Who's standing up to the various bad guy heavy hitters?

I question Xavier putting this lineup on the court.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

I personally wouldnt let a guy like gambit into my house.

Check my valuables if I have to.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Disco Pope posted:

I thought it, and Spider-Man, were pretty ugly shows at the time, but '97 looks quite nice.

I like X-Men, but the show put me off reading American comics because the serialised nature of everything gave me anxiety. I'm supposed to be here EVERY Saturday morning to get what's happening? That's hosed up - what if there's an emergency?

lol I'm not ready for that kind of heavy commitment!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Real talk in the X-Men cartoon thread:

When I was 12 or 13 I developed migraines which were 100% debilitating. Complete dizziness and nausea. Can't even stand up.

As a young kid these hit hard, at school, during marching band, etc. I became "the sick kid" and I didn't like it, but what could I do? Randomly this migraine would descend and I was debilitated.

I could read, as long as I stayed perfectly still. And so I read. I read and I read and I read.....

A lot of X-Men. Dark Phoenix real time story line, I was freaking enthralled.

I assumed these migraines were my mutant power manifesting, and I just had to power through the change till I was an awesome badass like Colossus.

It helped.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vakal posted:

There's a reason he wears a big metal diaper.

How is Magneto so jacked?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

thin blue whine posted:

magneto isn't the master of metal okay he's the master of magnetism which includes the earth's magnetic field to which he can manipulate to some extent. i know no one cares about the explanation, including the comic book writers, but i've read nearly every x-men comic and it had to have all been for something so please allow me to explain

How can his mastery of electromagnetism result in washboard abs?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Magneto is so hot and cool.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smugworth posted:

He didn't want to be a bad influence on kids
Fortunately his healing factor made it impossible for him to get truly addicted to cigarettes.

Like Logan could go full heroin junky addiction and be fine after a weekend of detox.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Stunt-Puffin posted:

Those abs...

Just imagine the milk of Magneto runnin' down them cum gutters as he rides his metallic plug through the sky!

So many crunches...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I still am shook at what happened to Marvel Girl.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Stunt-Puffin posted:

Lol, that was literally where I cribbed the reference from. I just thought I'd try to be clever and twist it into a cum reference.

All this X-Rated talk is giving me a Hellfire Chub!

Logan gets dressed up all fancy like....

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cornwind Evil posted:

The whole 'master of magnetism' and him going to metal for his basic offense makes one forget that his power is not magnetism, it's ELECTROMAGNETISM. One of the four fundamental forces of the universe electromagnetism. With that, Magneto can control electrons. You know what has electrons? Everything.

Seriously, forget just magnetism and electrical power stuff. If he really can control electromagnetism fully, he could in theory 1) turn invisible (due to visible light being a type of electromagnetic radiation) 2) phase shift (electromagnetism is what keeps solid objects from passing through one another and thus he could deactivate this and walk through walls or go beyond that and become completely invincible) 3) unleash any kind of laser blasts at his foes (once again, light is electromagnetic radiation, as is everything on this chart, so that's also heat vision, x-ray vision, being his own radio and can scramble any others at his leisure, and producing microwaves, macrowaves, and the deadliest form of radiation on a whim), 4) Create optical illusions via, again, manipulation of light, 5) explicitly control half of physics, all of chemistry (which when boiled down is the study of protons, neutrons, and electrons), and most of biology (which is a combination of chemistry and physics), 6)manipulate valence electrons, in which he can force chemical reactions to occur that are normally impossible or make reactions that normally occur not happen, 7) Manipulate nervous systems to turn people into puppets or kill them by just turning the electrical impulses that govern nervous systems off, 8) Also hijack electronics via a similar method, 9) flash freeze or heat matter by imparting or taking away kinetic energy through protons and electrons 10) transmute anything into any other thing by rearranging particles at the subatomic level, 11) disintegrate anything larger than a nuclear, and there's yet more.

Basically, absolutely anything that can be done by natural means, Magneto can theoretically do. How does he fly? I could give you a list of ways.

Why don't you just join up with the Evil Mutants?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm a turbo nerd and I stand with Scott Summers.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I know how to defeat the Juggernaut, but no one will listen to me until like what, a full day's battle and he wrecks up so much stuff. He's still on the loose right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smugworth posted:

Dark Phoenix was lame. Jean Gray and all those dumb aliens were lame.

There I said it

The plot arc from Marvel Girl to Phoenix to Dark Phoenix blew my young mind.