Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Yeah, her commentary was pretty bad apart from her genuine reactions to the sick spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Majinfoose posted:

But then how would fed fans validate their lovely choices? Guess we'll find out in 2025

AEW fans desperately want validation from TV ratings too sadly (even more so than WBD, who seems to be nothing but happy with how AEW is doing), sometimes to the detriment of their enjoyment of the product.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Sticky Nate posted:

If more people watched and posted about AEW we'd just have more complaints to read.

Very good point. Keep viewership to below 800k I say.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Just saw this week's ROH and it got me wondering; how does jacked Brandon Cutler fit into the current iteration of the Elite?

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Eat My Fuc posted:

Its annoying cause I think Punk sucks rear end but I also think Jungle Boy, Hangman, Tony are dumbasses so it feels bad to agree with a dumbass like Punk sometimes.

Not everyone can do business the right way, hell even Moxley who had a much more serious reason to hate WWE was a class act about leaving when he had no reason to be. Punk’s a crybaby. As is Jungle Boy and Tony with the whole “Felt my safety was at risk”. Punk couldn’t physically hurt anyone on this earth he’s the worst fighter in the history of UFC and could get taken down and tapped out by anyone over 15.

You can call Punk a crybaby all you want but this is some #StandUpForPhil rear end post.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Have they released Matt and Jeff yet? If so, they should.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Finally confirmation that there are no good billionaires and Tony is just like the rest of 'em.

This loving sucks, even Jose and Dasha are gone. What the gently caress TK?

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Wheeler Yuta has been released

For real? This is the most baffling release so far.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Yeah this is genuinely bizarre, The Boys are a centerpiece to this whole feud, and are an indispensable part of Dalton's presentation. I guess they're gonna go back to just having extras as Boys instead of dedicated Boys but it's still so strange.

In hindsight, that whole angle was seemingly engineered to explain away why Dalton won't have the Boys anymore in the future. I think Johnny TV and Taya even mentioned they lost the Boys in the mountains and hinted that they might have been eaten by bears?

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

We foolishly thought Tony Khan was above business sense.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Cabbit posted:

There are no good billionaires, even if they're big wrestling nerds.

Wish TK were more humane so that we could continue dunking on Phil instead but alas.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Wild that Punk gave TK the easiest win ever by criticising him being too nice of a boss and then this happened.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Germansimp posted:

Aside from SRS calling them 'releases', do we actually know all of them were releases? Obviously with Dasha it feels like a releases because she was still used regularly for announcing, and the Boys were in a current storyline. But at the same time, Parker Boudreaux hasn't wrestled AT ALL in over a year, Jora Johl had like 2 Dark and 1 ROH match in the past year, Slim J was an ROH jobber, and Gravity was more or less the same. Would seem like just not renewing contracts for most of these.

I feel like if this were the case, AEW would have clarified it immediately seeing that it's giving them bad PR.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Jungle Boy was bland but to say he didn't have good to great matches is as wrong as a take can get.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

"Psychology" and "storytelling", two wrestling terms rendered meaningless by dumb old heads.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Also, I know Kenny just wants to show the world that he's a nice guy but I just wish he would stop giving all these bad faith grifters who weren't anywhere near his level even during their prime the time of day.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Randy Orton knows how to do psychology and storytelling, that's why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Shard posted:

Thank god its Wednesday

I have to say I'm not quite as excited for Wednesday night this week, probably due to the releases leaving a bad aftertaste.