Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Churches try to sell people on this Easter thing in a lot of ways. I think they’re missing a key piece of media in their zeitgeist, Steamed Hams.

It’s obvious:

Skinner (a stand-in for the many blessed, but mostly Saint Peter) is helping prepare the way for world peace through the salvation promised by the son of god. Chalmers (The People) arrive for their long awaited next lesson on the meaning of life and eternal happiness. They even bring wine/blood. But when Seymour finds the roast he says “Oh-ie God, my roast is ruined!” Because, obviously, the pièce de résistance of this whole shebang- our man Jesus, aka The Roast, as it were (but also God) - is dead and bled. And everyone who stopped and thought about it would clearly see the state of this poor abused roast.

But so what if jesus has ceased living? What could it matter that the roast is toast? Our mans has a plan.

What if they swap out salvation for some patronizing flattery? Just some feel good sugar rush garbage? Cheap meat for the masses? They’re almost even caught stretching the truth. But they won’t let reality stand in their way, they push through and get their teachings in front of people hungry for the body of Christ. The blood wine is right there, in plain view.

The people are initially skeptical, but with some fast talking things are smoothed over. Just one more hiccup:

The resurrection (fire) is happening in the Kitchen. The People (still Chalmers) outburst of “good lord, what is happening in there?!” Is quite specific and not open to reinterpretation.
Now we know that Aurora Borealis is just code for the Resurrection.
A simple substitution of the divine mysteries yields:
The People: “[Resurrection]?! At this time of year, at this [sabbath], in this part of [Judea], localized entirely within your [Cave]?!”
Peter: “No”

No, they can’t see, and the people, being idiots as people are, and sated by Crusty Burger (placations at best) just accept this new narrative and roll with it.

Agnes yelling out of the window is obviously the “be not afraid” angel here from Mathew 28:6

The people call the apostles odd but they’ve got a good pitch and they leave to bring Catholicism to Rome and our cursed future.

Of course, the roast was toast, and while things may have been ruined the people still ate it up and were satisfied. Seymour (as the Apostles) had to run back and clean up the body. Any potential questions needed to stay equally as raised as Jesus was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhonyMcRingRing
Jun 6, 2002
oh that's cool

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
what is the tall guy humiliating nelson in his volkswagen a bible allegory for

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Christy Burger

Livo
Dec 31, 2023

M_Gargantua posted:

Churches try to sell people on this Easter thing in a lot of ways. I think they’re missing a key piece of media in their zeitgeist, Steamed Hams.

It’s obvious:

Skinner (a stand-in for the many blessed, but mostly Saint Peter) is helping prepare the way for world peace through the salvation promised by the son of god. Chalmers (The People) arrive for their long awaited next lesson on the meaning of life and eternal happiness. They even bring wine/blood. But when Seymour finds the roast he says “Oh-ie God, my roast is ruined!” Because, obviously, the pièce de résistance of this whole shebang- our man Jesus, aka The Roast, as it were (but also God) - is dead and bled. And everyone who stopped and thought about it would clearly see the state of this poor abused roast.

But so what if jesus has ceased living? What could it matter that the roast is toast? Our mans has a plan.

What if they swap out salvation for some patronizing flattery? Just some feel good sugar rush garbage? Cheap meat for the masses? They’re almost even caught stretching the truth. But they won’t let reality stand in their way, they push through and get their teachings in front of people hungry for the body of Christ. The blood wine is right there, in plain view.

The people are initially skeptical, but with some fast talking things are smoothed over. Just one more hiccup:

The resurrection (fire) is happening in the Kitchen. The People (still Chalmers) outburst of “good lord, what is happening in there?!” Is quite specific and not open to reinterpretation.
Now we know that Aurora Borealis is just code for the Resurrection.
A simple substitution of the divine mysteries yields:
The People: “[Resurrection]?! At this time of year, at this [sabbath], in this part of [Judea], localized entirely within your [Cave]?!”
Peter: “No”

No, they can’t see, and the people, being idiots as people are, and sated by Crusty Burger (placations at best) just accept this new narrative and roll with it.

Agnes yelling out of the window is obviously the “be not afraid” angel here from Mathew 28:6

The people call the apostles odd but they’ve got a good pitch and they leave to bring Catholicism to Rome and our cursed future.

Of course, the roast was toast, and while things may have been ruined the people still ate it up and were satisfied. Seymour (as the Apostles) had to run back and clean up the body. Any potential questions needed to stay equally as raised as Jesus was.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

I made it to your thread, despite your directions

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Seven Force posted:

I made it to your thread, despite your directions

i hope you're prepared for an unforgettable psychopath

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Buce
Dec 23, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
steamed hams is just white castle . why do they steam everything? dunno. but they’ve been making those vaguely soggy burgs forever

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

creamed hams

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I am also not very good at this Christian thing

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Who all seen this one

https://youtu.be/a6HCu9edk54

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I did

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'

Noice

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
The one where Homer goes to clown college but it's also a seminary

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I didn't understand what that guy was saying, but, I have watched the episode

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

new testimate Skinner. Just like Judas

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

new testimate Skinner. Just like Judas

Can I see it?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

sure okay posted:

Can I see it?

no

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
this post has taught me everything i know about the bible OP happy easter

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I remember some guy made a video about how emotionally moved he was by a NieR Automata Steamed Hams parody (fun fact, a goon made the parody), so you'll have to try really loving hard to outdumb that OP.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Is jon the Baptist the pre promised meal?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Blessed

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Well I’m from Judea and I’ve never heard anyone use the phrase “steamed lambs.” :raise:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

You Are A Werewolf posted:

Well I’m from Judea and I’ve never heard anyone use the phrase “steamed lambs.” :raise:

Oh no it's a Nazareth expression.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Grey Cat posted:

Oh no it's a Nazareth expression.

I see.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I SEE THE (NORTHERN)LIGHT(S)!

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion

MrQwerty posted:

what is the tall guy humiliating nelson in his volkswagen a bible allegory for

2 kings 2:23-24

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

the simpsons is poo poo

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

the simpsons is poo poo

The Simpsons is THE poo poo

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
fell asleep watching stupid steamed hams poo poo with autoplay on

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Steamed Hams isn't an allegory for the Resurrection. It's a story from a different religion, told during Purim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6HCu9edk54

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRsOBFhNjVM