Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That's quite an achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Only Nixon could be allowed to go to China, and only Trump could be allowed to shove every law book up his rear end

It's not Mr. Hands, it's Mr. Bar.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Robert Facepalmer posted:

You know you have hosed up royally if you were in the Secret Service and got assigned that detail.

They're cops, they probably loving voted for him.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

I'm sure he's heard an audiobook. It's just that his level of comprehension is "cool spaceships! Cool AI!"

"I grok Spock" was a thing on t-shirts at Sci-Fi conventions back in the 70s. Edit: apparently it was also a thing during the write in campaign to save Star Trek in the late 60s.

Same bunch of nerds that were getting in sweaty orgies at conventions in the 1970s were the ones on the internet in the 90s.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Sometimes I think "I'm not claustrophobic" then I remember cave diving exists.

I feel like cave diving is why god made remotely operated vehicles.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

They're literally a subsidiary of Aldi Nord. I think Aldi Nord is the German equivalent of an LLC? Is that what a GMBH is?

Yes

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That Works posted:

Trillion dong

enough about my movie choice for friday night. :mad:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Vintage shim energy making a comeback.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I think everyone knows I’m nuts, but not MAGA nuts.

MAGA, not even once.

Oh I know, the over the top style itself is kind of a throwback. :cheerdoge:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

I would gladly forego bad things happening to people who deserve it if it meant it also wouldn't happen to those who didn't.

I would also like a billion dollars, or functioning healthcare, one of which is probably more likely than the other two

If you get the second you can usually make the third happen for yourself, at least.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Not surprised in the least. If Russia could win the war outright, it likely could've already done so - turns out decades of corruption have taken their toll and their military is nothing better than a human wave campaign that keeps falling flat for gains of meters.

The first "if" in the tweet is load-bearing though.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

GD_American posted:

As much as I despise him, if I was a low-rent ham-and-egger attorney and got given the chance to gamble on a lifetime rightwing grift sinecure, I'd take the chance more times than not. You go in knowing Trump will stiff you, you're just trying to pivot to getting on the culture war wingnut welfare dole

Problem is you have to keep dealing with those people while doing it, though I guess you could work them for a couple of years, make your nut, and retire.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

Why in the blue gently caress was everything about them not locked down from the start? This is loving Donald Trump. He will absolutely whip the MAGA freaks into a frenzy and smile when someone stochastic terrorisms their way in to murdering the juror's entire family you have to be a god drat idiot or purposefully incompetent to not be planning for exactly that outcome.

They have a really good feeling about this football that Lucy is holding for them.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

She thought it was Transylvania and wanted to help her fellow vampires.

Ghouls are traditionally the servants of the vampires.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Eyes Have It posted:

Deluded self-imagined power brokers kind of reminds me of Julian "I'm trying to stop two wars!" Assange. Haven't heard from him for a while come to think of it.

His appeal is still under consideration by the UK high court, the court is seeking assurances from the US about due process etc before they say "lol here ya go" and extradite him.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

We had a local line dance joint that opened in the late 80s and sucked real bad and shared the name of the song when it went big so I always remember: I got a match/Where you wanna go?/Let's go burn/Cotton Eye Joe!

Midjack fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 21, 2024

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Voyager I died in November. NASA undied Voyager I today.

https://twitter.com/NASAJPL/status/1782454277895749857?t=PVxZerHHYBlTAamDhoE8wA&s=19

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/nasas-voyager-1-resumes-sending-engineering-updates-to-earth

They figured out an onboard flight data subsystem memory chip died, but the craft was otherwise fine. So they shot it a message to perform that chip's functions on other chips and the craft woke up.

:unsmith:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Take the money from police :twisted:

This is how we end up with Policenauts, isn't it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Zamujasa posted:

I saw some of that news elsewhere, including pictures of Yale people being loaded up on Yale-branded busses to be sent off to jail, which is some wild optics.

Are we going to get another picture of donut cop casually pepper spraying people point blank?

Probably. Ivy League campus buses hauling their own students to the clink is some infinitely excellent visuals though. :discourse:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

stealie72 posted:

Glad to hear I'm not the only one whose brain was so Clancy/Bay poisoned that I was in utter shock the insurrection wasn't machine gunned down the second they breached the capital doors.

Was watching it live and texting with my brother and we both were like "those dudes gon die the second they kick down a door." And nope.

The cops were on their side until badges started getting squished in doors and half of the other people in the Capitol that day were supporters of the coup attempt.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Still a bit shocked by this one.

Ben Collins is one of NBCNews's best dystopia beat reporters, basically covering a bunch of internet disinformation poo poo. His poo poo's always been very good and he kind of semi-dropped from the public eye in recent months, sounding very burnt out.

The Onion has been up for sale from a while from that herb Jim Spanfeller and G/O media. The general internet has figured the Onion was going to get cut up like undeadspin did.

A mysterious buyer bought the Onion today, forming a company called Global Tetrahedron, the name of the evil corporation mentioned in lots of Onion stories.

These are all connected.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1783632037640835426?t=3YZWybTT02q-RcWdxYv6fw&s=19

https://global-tetrahedron.com/about

Out of left loving field!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, both the FBI and NSA are struggling to recruit tech talent for this reason.

I expect FBI and other federal law enforcement organizations to be NO WEED EVER until they get repeated orders from the Supreme Court to lighten up.