Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
april's fools

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Yeah, this definitely isn't limited to just Trump and his merry gang of morons. Being an ignorant, aggressive dumbass is now a virtue.

i was gonna say "remember when that politician lashed out and hit a reporter" but it turns out that has actually happened many times

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
for me it's one of those sad chuckles because yeah it's funny that he steps on rakes constantly, but somehow they always stop before actually smacking him in the nose.

and it's hard not to look at it as a broader pattern of the same poo poo, where awful people like him may not be ultimately successful in 100% of the poo poo they do, but they still manage to get 80% of it done and we're all meaningfully worse off for it.

alternatively:

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Laugh and enjoy watching Rome burn, I say.

it would be funny if we were the ones burning rome, and not the ones living in it.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
who would they be likely to choose, if not her?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
diving is really cool, but I think I'll stay firmly on land and watch cool videos of diving instead :)

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i cannot fathom an 80,000 square foot gas station. that's over half the size of the loving costco here.

what do you even do with all that space?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

hobbesmaster posted:

It’s best thought of as similar to a large toll road travel plaza with a bunch of stores inside.

that makes some sense, the largest gas station i recall stopping at was the utterly insane "eddie world" on the way home from california once and even then it just felt massive and empty. some places on the way to/from new mexico were also pretty big but even then

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
if i did it

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Kith posted:

I'm tired of bad poo poo happening.

:emptyquote:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
it would sting slightly less if the bad things constantly happening in this world would ever happen to the people who deserved it.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
every time they announce more antitrust poo poo i :sickos:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Platystemon posted:

He has the worst loving attorneys.

They have the worst loving client.

both statements can be true; after all, those attorneys are choosing to represent trump

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

facialimpediment posted:

Better, he actually hurt his own case. It's apparently common for the prosecution to give the defense the first three witnesses they're going to call. Prosecution said "uh, we're not doing that because *gesticulates wildly at Trump*". Leading to this exchange:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1781074017044111530?t=iRAf_6eibxSTM5u59Kl7pA&s=19
full text of embed:

quote:

Trump attorney Todd Blanche asked who the DA's Office plans to call as their first three witnesses. Joshua Steinglass from office refused on the basis that Trump has been tweeting about them.

Judge Merchan said he doesn't blame the DA's office. Blanche said Trump won't tweet about the witnesses — to which Merchan said Blanche can't promise that.

Merchan refused to order the DA's office to name its first three witnesses.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
it's nice that they're taking action about it now rather than just putting out a study saying "yep, poo poo's bad, someone should really do something about it". better things are possible

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
that's still something happening, though. even if they're fighting against it, the ball started moving. something is happening.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Non-competes are unenforceable in the same way that wage theft is illegal.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I saw some of that news elsewhere, including pictures of Yale people being loaded up on Yale-branded busses to be sent off to jail, which is some wild optics.

Are we going to get another picture of donut cop casually pepper spraying people point blank?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
The supreme court is flat-out busted and has been for a while, but boy howdy this really shows just how hosed it is.

In a 6-3 decision, Trump is completely immune to any and all prosecution,

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I was going to say "for us laypeople who don't know poo poo about scheduling other than it's a gently caress",

Crab Dad posted:

This seems rather huge. Can you explain more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Aight, after a 1min crash course on wiki about scheduling the shock is ya'll have specifically Testosterone use steroids in III but adhd meds in II. Your gyms only have cheaters in them god drat

real fun when some fda stooge recently said "you know those adhd meds are overprescribed and likely abused" and meanwhile me, an adhd haver who hasn't been able to get adderall or vyvanse in 3 years, has reverted to a nonfunctional sludge

some of the people leading this country suck poo poo