Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Big John is dead!

Long live Big John!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Skutter posted:

WIBTA for asking the staff at my gym to stop someone from recording classes?

I can understand someone recording themselves to check their form, but this sounds way over the top, especially with the different angles thing. Why is that necessary? And why hasn't she been kicked out?!

Gotta get it for the 'gram! Don't most gyms have a "no recording other people" policy, anyway? I don't go to any since I don't like working out in public, but that was my general perception.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

wheatpuppy posted:

I feel like mom isn't wrong here. "As soon as the divorce was final" marriages aren't known for working out long term. Also, I feel exhausted just trying to imagine explaining the family dynamics to the kids when they are older.

Yeah, that's the weird part. I can't imagine getting together with someone who's already been in the family, just in terms of my own feelings, never mind having to deal with future awkwardness around the familial dynamics.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Nothin' in the rule book that says you can't commemorate Big John on a Tuesday

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

I told my girlfriend I used an AI dating bot to chat with her. She blocked me. Next steps?

Date the bot, I guess :shrug:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

AITA for accidentally doing my friend’s roommate’s laundry?

quote:

I (AFAB, 18) have a friend, (AFAB, 23). My friend (I’ll refer to her as Tara) moved from Palestine in September and lives in a large house with around eight other people. Tara has been very depressed since moving here as she has little contact with her family who are still in Palestine. Her room has gotten very messy over the last month or two (which is unlike her) so I decided that every Saturday I would go over and help her out with cleaning, laundry, dishes, and making her dinner. This Saturday I came over around four pm, did my usual cleaning while she handled dinner, ate and then got ready to head back around nine pm. The washing machine has been acting up lately in Tara’s house so I offered that I bring home her laundry to my house, clean it and bring it over to her after school on Monday. She was grateful and told me to take the basket that was next to her backdoor on my way out. When I went downstairs to leave, I saw three baskets. I wasn’t sure which one was Tara’s but I was been driven home by my dad so I figured I’d just take all of them. The next day I washed them, dried them and folded them. Some of the clothes didn’t look like Tara’s so I figured some of them were her roommate’s stuff too. On Monday I went over to her house to drop of the clothes and one of her roommates opened the door, and after telling him why I was there he flipped out. He started yelling at me, saying that it was a violation of his privacy and that I shouldn’t have taken them. To put this in perspective, you have a 6’5 grown man yelling at a 5’2 teenager for doing his laundry. Another one of her roommates came over and began yelling at me as well after overhearing apparently i had washed her clothes too. Tara wasn’t there at the time so i dropped the clothes at the door step and walked home.

I do feel really awful as I feel like I trespassed her roommates property. I don’t know if I should tell Tara what happened or not. So, AITA?

[Jeff Foxworthy voice] If you steal multiple peoples' clothes for the weekend rather than spend half a second clarifying the situation....you might be a redditor

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Also :lol: at the backstory of
"I do not like dogs, I will never consider owning a dog, there will be zero dogs in my life if this relationship continues"
*husband begins scheming to get surprise birthday dog*

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Why would she mention taking care of a dog that she doesn't want in the first place? That's like me talking about getting my oil changed when I never plan on owning a vehicle.

Surprise, we all banded together to get you a car! It hasn't had any preventive maintenance and it's been in multiple accidents, but we know you're gonna love having it around. Well, have fun!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Shanghaied posted:

AITA My mom wants to name my brother Zaza and it’s loving me up inside

I was gonna say, naming your kid after the archangel of death might be kinda :black101:, but then I remembered you would also be naming it after Gargamel's cat, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Disney...not even once

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Either that or she’s just loving Goofy.

:mods:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

It sounds like it's a recipe for disaster or drama pretty much no matter what they do, lending credence to my assertion that weddings are dumb and annoying, and nobody should bother with them

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

MagusofStars posted:

She regularly ignores him, they're constantly fighting over trivial bullshit, she locks him out of rooms in the house, he disappears for an entire weekend without regrets, they trade off the silent treatment, and he's already reserved-in-advance his future right to disappear for days at a time.

But she's not quite pissed off enough to physically lock him out of the house, so y'know, going great! :toot:

Sounds like having a kid would really bring them together!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

AITAH for not telling people at my new job that my wife is bi?

bi wife so what

I mean yeah, don't hide it if it's somehow relevant, I'm just sitting here trying to think of any work related situation I've been in where finding that out about someone secondhand would be relevant. All I can picture is just going "....ok, great? :shrug:" and wandering away.

e: oh hello, new page already covering this discussion :tipshat:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

mystes posted:

The goon advice column:
Question: Dear Goons, is it weird to tell my coworkers my wife is bi? -- Uncertain Husband
Answer: Dear Uncertain Husband, it is very weird because you should never talk to your coworkers.

I'm always weirded out when folks on here are so vehemently against work friends, some of the best friends I've made have been at work. Sure, it's nice to have alone time sometimes, and forced social functions often suck, but working alongside people who are genuinely nice enough to become friends with just seems like a positive thing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Propaniac posted:

35F and 38M on track for divorce after meeting Caribbean captain

Yes, definitely blow up your life for some hot youtuber you met on vacation, just make sure to keep us updated on how it goes.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

How about a little r/legaladvice content, as a treat:

I had an affair and a child resulted. We have done a non court ordered DNA test and I am the biological father. How can I ensure I am not declared the father legally in court?

quote:

I had an affair and a child resulted. We have done a non court ordered DNA test and I am the biological father. How can I ensure I am not declared the father legally in court? Edit to add I don't want my family finding out about this or being chased by child support etc

Hope you have access to a time machine and an instruction manual about keeping it in your pants, buddy, I think that's your best chance here

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

An OP involved procreation occurred

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cythereal posted:

How to break to my college-age daughters that I'm dating someone their age??!! Please help

Paragraphs added.

Twist: it's that guy who got caught texting classified military info to his ""girlfriend""

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

FMguru posted:

"Accidental", eh?

AITAH for not allowing my fiancee to uninvite my mom from our wedding after accidental mud throwing?

I can't believe you are having such a meltdown just because my mother (who does not like you) pelted you with wet, stinking mud!

drat, Emma just can't catch a break with these folks

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

snergle posted:

cereal milk.

Aka milk's only good use. I'd be less put off by someone who brought along a couple fun size boxes of Cap'n Crunch to go in their bar milk, just because I hate drinking it plain so much.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Atahualpa posted:

Spy/mail-order bride angles aside, did anyone else get the sense that this one is just an attempt at viral marketing for the site he mentions? I think it's the combination of using "how I found her is pretty interesting" to draw the reader's attention to the thoroughly uninteresting reveal of the site's name and phrases like "chat with real women" that sound like they came straight out of a dating site ad. And the whole "I'm a middle-aged divorced dude and found myself chatting with multiple women including a beautiful Russian girl in her 20s" thing sounds like exactly what these sorts of sites like to portray as the typical user experience.

It definitely felt on the glib side whether or not it's an ad, but yeah, it's always pretty suspect when somebody pointedly mentions a specific site in their story.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

I can definitely pound a quart of chocolate milk, maybe 2 if it's all lactose free.

That's where it is. Forget side-eyeing someone for drinking milk at a bar, if someone's got chocolate milk I'm gonna join em :guinness:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

What the gently caress? Why didn't anyone tell me about this when I first signed up here?!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hughlander posted:

My brother skipped his own wedding reception

quote:

That's all. That's what I wanted to say. Thank-you.

Pro move to make people feel awkward about closing the browser tab without commenting

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

It doesn't sit right with my soul that I was bullied as a child for having natural diarrhea, and now the kids these days are faking it with sugar free candies :sigh:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

wheatpuppy posted:

Did I misread that post, or did he just change into his jeans like, in a corner of the lobby? Instead of using the bathroom?

I thought they meant "around the corner" as in finding another place nearby with a bathroom or something, but that would be the funnier option

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Kuros posted:

Is there hentai of

Yes

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

G-Mawwwwwww posted:

Well, gently caress.

Pnurtis is a chonker :stare:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Zorak of Michigan posted:

When your mom is OK with your dad sleeping with your wife, it's too late. For everything. We're beyond sever here. This is "join the Foreign Legion under a fake name" territory.

Yes, and they'll all be the ones to join, right?

Right? :ohdear:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I always forget the conversion between bf hours and husband hours, I wonder how long he was actually gone

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

I (23F) can no longer stand my fiance's (30M) ex (30F) living with us, how do I suggest she moves out?

drat, I need to find a family that gives me a free house to live in and pays all my expenses indefinitely just because. If allegedly not really being liked by them is the tradeoff, I think I can suffer through that.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

FMguru posted:

Title only, but LOL

AITA for blowing up at my husband because he counted his work on our DND game as one of his chores?

Lmao

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Troublemaker posted:

Uh ...

I(29m) am unsure about what to do about my wifes(33F) eating cat kibble?

Obligatory "is your partner a cat?", but meant literally

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

TIFU by letting my boyfriends horrific personal hygiene run our relationship

Why

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Mx. posted:

My (27F) boyfriend (29M) of 3 years told me that every guy should get a paternity test for his kid, just to be sure he's not raising someone else's child. Is this something I should be okay with?

OP posted:

[EDIT]: Thank you all for sharing your thoughts! I realize my initial wording may not have portrayed him positively. To provide more context, he has consistently been a wonderful partner, showing care and support. I don’t believe he would ever resort to aggression, as some comments suggested. My concern arose from his suggestion of a paternity test as a means of “fidelity” verification. While I understand the utility of DNA testing in certain situations, such as preventing paternity fraud, I found his suggestion in our monogamous relationship unnecessary. It felt like an accusation of infidelity and a lack of trust.

To clarify, the “hatred towards women” that I mentioned above surfaces mainly in discussions about instances of perceived betrayal or dishonesty by women. It seems more like an expression of his fears and concerns rather than genuine hatred towards women. I equate it to my own feelings when hearing about a man cheating on his pregnant wife – it’s a strong emotional reaction (i.e All men are pigs!!)

In everyday life, he is respectful, loving, and supportive. He treats women with kindness, holding doors and allowing them to go ahead in line at the supermarket. And yes, I think he would be a great father if we were to have a daughter. In the context of discussing a paternity test regarding our (future) child, it was easier for me to believe that his request stems from his strong aversion to betrayal rather than a lack of trust in me.

I plan to discuss this matter more in-depth with my partner to gain a better understanding of his perspective.

Oh btw, I forgot to mention that he's actually a perfect partner and potential father, and only has a deap-seated resentment of women because he's TOO caring

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

FMguru posted:

AITA for missing my son's birth to see the eclipse?

quote:

For context, I live two hours away from the point of totality, and have been planning this trip for weeks

Lol come on dude, at least pretend you're one of the diehard fans who planned the trip years in advance. "It's been a dream of mine since approximately this past St. Patrick's Day :qq:"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

olylifter posted:

I (35F) am considering leaving my Husband (47M) because he started the carnivore "lion" diet - How can I make him see sense?

Doublecheck that the life insurance is up to date, this is the kind of problem that solves itself :homebrew:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Troublemaker posted:

Sub Guy goes to college!

AITA for taking the last flank steak during lunch in university?

:yeshaha:

Nothing hits quite like a greedy eater story. Learn from your hunger, lowly freshman, and perhaps next time you will not challenge the four meals needed to sate my appetite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lieutenant Dan posted:

Amazing start tbh

If only he'd worn his "I am not a pedophile" shirt, all of that could've been avoided