Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
AITAH for not telling people at my new job that my wife is bi?

quote:

My wife (36F) and I (35M) have been married for a little more than 5 years. She realized she was bisexual last year and came out to me and our friends and families earlier this year. I started a new job in March and my wife asked if I would be comfortable telling my new coworkers that she is bisexual.

I told her I’d think about it and see what the vibe is at the office. To me, that doesn’t seem like it’s anyone’s business, and I can also see how that might be inappropriate or creep people out.

My wife and I had another conversation about it tonight and it got heated when I told her I still haven’t told anyone at my job. It’s not relevant to my job, there hasn’t been an opening to bring it up naturally in conversation, and it really doesn’t seem like any of their business to me. She asked if I’m ashamed of her, and I said no, because I’m not. She said it feels like I “don’t really believe” she’s bisexual, and I said I’m sorry she feels that way because of course I believe her, I have no reason not to. I said I just don’t think it’s anyone’s business. She told me she’s already out to her boss and coworkers. I said I was glad for that her coming out to her coworkers, who she’s known for years now, is different than me outing her when I haven’t even been at my job for four whole weeks yet.

We went back and forth and back and forth and back and forth like this for more than an hour before we called a time out and she went to bed and I went for a walk.

It’s not that I’m ashamed. It’s not that I think she’s lying for attention. It’s not even that I think either of us will get judged or treated unfairly for it. It’s just that I don’t think it’s anyone’s business and it would be weird to just say that out of the blue. My direct boss and two senior people on my team are also women and I don’t want them to think I’m proposing anything weird or inappropriate by telling them (my wife says that’s ridiculous, but I know that if a woman I barely knew told me out of the blue that her husband was bisexual I would think she was trying to set something up).

Am I the rear end in a top hat here? I love my wife and do support her, but her being bi has nothing to do with my job and there honestly hasn’t been any kind of organic opening in a conversation at work where me telling everyone about it would make any sense. I told her I’d put up a bisexual flag pin during Pride Month, but she just rolled her eyes at that. Should I be doing more?

Thanks for reading.

bi wife so what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I was playing hollow knight on Switch recently and it's the first time I've gotten so mad I wanted to throw a game so I kept a pillow next to me and would lightly toss the switch onto it sometimes

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Biplane posted:

Lmao my 10 year old son has the same problem, and came up with the same solution

it works

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

WIBTA for breaking up with my girlfriend because she "asked for a date night"?

quote:

Last night I(25M) got into a big argument with my girlfriend(25F), she's accusing me of being a bad boyfriend because "I got so upset about her wanting to just spend a romantic evening out" and I heard her saying that to one of her friends this morning, and now I'm thinking about breaking up with her.

We've been together for almost 4 years, lived together for 2, and she's stuck with me through so much; mental health crap, addiction crap, personal life stuff, and in turn I've tried to support her through anything she needs me with but I recognise there's an imbalance.

A little over a week ago now, I got custody of my little brother(6M), because of his mom's death, and it's seeming like I'm going to be his main caregiver for the very least until he turns 18, I talked with my girlfriend about it before I took him in and she understood and seemed understanding, has even helped out with getting his room ready and really seemed to get on with him, but yesterday when she was talking about date night the things she was saying made me feel a bit dodgy; "wouldn't it be nice to finally get some time alone" and having a night where I wouldn't have to "play" parent, and I took a lot of offence over the idea that I was "playing" a parent, because right now my brother is my main priority because he's in a really rough spot and I am for all extents and purposes his dad now. I told her so and it started a bit of an argument and she brought up how easy it is for our relationship to die if I'm not even going to take an evening to spend with her, which is 100% true.

Right now I'm doubting if I can give my girlfriend the love and attention she deserves especially right now, I don't know if it would be cruel of me to promise that things are going to change when my brother's a little more settled, or if I should just break up with her or take a break because I can't say anything with certainty, really looking for an objective opinion. Would it be an rear end in a top hat-ish thing to do, to break up with her?

would i be the rear end in a top hat if the second my partner needed a little support after supporting me through an absolute ton of poo poo if i just cut and run

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA For backing out on an agreement my husband and I made years ago regarding potential kid names

I think this is an ESH. I don’t really care myself and think it’s a silly tradition. That being said, this is clearly EXTREMELY important to him. He’s being a big baby about her expressing her doubts about it, but she also agreed to it and probably should just stick with it.

E: actually I thought about it and I’m changing my answer to YTA. She sucked the fun out of this for him after agreeing to something for a long rear end time for no reason.

Big Bowie Bonanza fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 15, 2024

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Scathach posted:

E wait do yall not shower with your spouses? That's what having two shower heads is for, spraying your spouse in the face.

I'm over a full foot taller than my partner which makes even 2 shower heads inconvenient, so we just don't.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

my curse of being down for short thick baddies has some downsides, but mostly upsides

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Mx. posted:

AITA for being conflicted about lending my boyfriend a huge sum of money?

what... makes you think he's trustworthy

He could very well be trustworthy but it sounds like none of them (except for her, to a point) know you shouldn’t shovel money you can’t afford to lose into a failing business. What happens when she owns half the house or whatever and the business fails anyhow? Her only recourse to get paid is to force them to sell their home if that’s even an option when you’re a partial owner in their country. It’s technically a secured loan but not really. The second option after she refused that is completely unsecured and an absolutely terrible idea.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

haveblue posted:

IMO the rule should be that you can only post abuse stories with a happy ending, not trailing off in “am I the rear end in a top hat for not liking this? I dunno, it feels like my life is a living hell but on the other hand I also have severe stockholm syndrome”

The only problem here is that by nature like 90% of the stories posted are unresolved

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

FMguru posted:

AITA for calling off my wedding and telling my fiancé to move back home with mommy?

I'm glad OP has finally grown a spine, shame she didn't do that before having a child with this lump of a mama's boy.

Also good for her for standing up to him, no notes

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I’m in highschool and money was stolen from my bank account. I need help NOW

quote:

I’m in highschool (just finished my frosh yr) and I’m supposed to go on a big trip this summer. I didnt have any way to get money and my parents didnt want me to have a lot of cash so they set me up with my first bank account and put $1000 in! It came with a atm card and some checks.

The checks were really cool, I never had anything like them before. But I was kind of sad because I didn’t have anything to use them for. I had a lot of friends over last week and I showed them the checks and they all thought they were really cool too. I got the idea that I could give my friends some souvenir checks. I TOLD them these were ONLY SOUVENIRS. We had a blast that day, I was acting like a billionaire and making jokes asking people how much money they needed and then writing them a fake check. I kept telling them it was all FAKE and they couldn’t cash the checks.

Because some of my friends are idiots I got a txt today from one guy saying he tried to cash a check and the bank wouldnt give him money. I told him what the f*** are you doing trying to cash the check after I TOLD you not to.

I went to the bank this afternoon to sort it out and I asked how much money was in the account. They said there was NOTHING in the account and that I owed THEM money for fees. I felt like I was going to faint or throw up so I got out of there as fast as I could (didn’t explain the situation to them).

I need to fix this without my parents finding out. do I talk to the police first or do I talk to the bank first about the stolen money? Im in MI.

I think about this one every day

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Make sure you write void on the souvenir checks next time

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

AITAH for considering divorce because my wife told her friends I use a p*nis sleeve during sex?

quote:

I (36M) have been married to my wife (34M) for 8 years. We have 3 children, and my wife is a stay at home mom. Our sex life has always been great, but last year, my wife wanted me to try on a p*nis sleeve, which actually improved our sex life ever more, because it hit her in the right areas. She said it’s the best sex she’s ever had in her life, which made me even happier.

A week ago, my friend (35M) asked me about the sleeve because he’s never tried it before, and wanted to know what it was like. I was surprised he knew about this, and asked him how did he know. He said his wife told him about it. My wife and his wife are in the same friend group.

I was shocked that my wife had told shared such a personal detail with her friends, and I asked her about it. When I asked her about it, she confessed that she had shared to her friend group, and that she shouldn’t have, but she just wanted to talk about why our sex life has become amazing recently. She apologized a lot, but I ignored her, and told her I needed some time to process this.

It’s been a week and I have been trying to ignore her as much as possible, I’m sleeping in a different room. She cooks dinner every day, but I just go out and eat, because I have no mood to eat at home. There is a tense atmosphere at home, and my wife has apologized a lot, but I’ve just been trying to ignore her as much as possible.

I don’t think this can be fixed through therapy or a simple apology. I think this is a massive betrayal of my trust, it’s just shocking to me that my wife would share such a personal detail with her entire friend group. I have been seriously considering the possibility of a divorce. I know we have 3 children, but I don’t know how I’ll ever reconcile with my wife ever again. At this moment, I’d rather just pay child support and alimony than be in her presence, but I know feelings can change.

AITAH? Can this situation even be fixed? How do I even trust my wife anymore

lmao

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

AITAH for throwing my rings in the ocean after my husband told me he had an affair, even though it was a “prank”.

quote:

This is the dumbest thing that’s ever happened to me in my entire life. This past Sunday, my husband and I (m29 and f27) were on our boat together. We were just relaxing and talking and having a good morning. All of a sudden, my husband gets really serious and tells me “baby, I’m so sorry but I have to tell you something. I’m so sorry, please forgive me, I had an affair.”

For context, my husband thinks he’s a comedian. He says dumb poo poo all the time but he’s never joked about our marriage or relationship or cheating, ever. The way he said it, I fully believed him.

I was blinded by rage and hurt and I’m not a confrontational person at all so all I did was stand up, take my rings off, and throw them into the ocean. I don’t even know why I did it, it was just the first thing I thought of doing.

My husbands jaw hit the floor. He immediately started to yell at me that it was a joke, a prank, he wasn’t serious and I was an idiot. My jaw dropped then too. I yelled at him too and called him the same. I cried too, realizing I just threw my lovely and sentimental rings into the ocean.

We’ve been arguing for days. He says I’m TA, I say he’s the TA, and I have no idea who’s right. Yes admittedly I threw about 10 k worth of rings into the ocean and we will never find them again- but he looked me in my eyes and told me he had an affair. I am upset about my rings. I’ve apologized for throwing them. But I just don’t feel like TA.

NTA. Don't joke about that poo poo.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I left working in STEM education because of how brutal dudes in software engineering were to female students and that advisor should’ve been fired

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Kurieg posted:

AITA for being honest and telling my daughter that her wedding is a running joke of what not to do if you marry in our family/friend group.

It is hosed up to at the very least not feed your guests. I personally would not have a wedding without an open bar but that’s up to preference I guess.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

AITA for walking out of my girlfriend's birthday party after she called me a "cheapscate" for the gift I gave her?

quote:

My girlfriend (26F) recently celebrated her birthday, and I (28M) wanted to make it special. I spent a lot of time thinking about what to get her and decided on a personalized photo album with pictures of our time together over the last few years. I also wrote her a heartfelt letter expressing my love for her and detailing how much she means to me.

When it came time for her to open the gift, she did so in front of our friends and family at her party. I could tell she was underwhelmed, and she even made a face. Then she said, "Wow, this is it? You're such a cheapscate!" in front of everyone. I was stunned and embarrassed. People laughed awkwardly, and I could see she was expecting something more expensive.

I was hurt by her reaction, especially since I put so much thought and effort into the gift. After a few minutes, I quietly excused myself and left the party. I didn't want to cause a scene, but I couldn't shake the feeling of humiliation.

My girlfriend later called me and said I overreacted by leaving the party and that it was all in good fun. She also accused me of not putting in any effort since the gift was not expensive. I told her I felt disrespected and that my feelings were hurt.

Now I'm questioning whether I was wrong to leave the party. AITA for walking out of my girlfriend's birthday party after she called me a "cheapscate" for the gift I gave her?

yikes

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Cell phones, yes, smart phones, no. There's still a decent percentage of the population without those.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/cell_phones/how-many-americans-own-a-smartphone.html

only 92% of americans have one

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i don't know if it's on the level of full blown narcissism but i do agree there's better occasions on which to give a gift like that

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

You don't need a QR app, you just point your camera in the camera app and the link will appear on your screen. On any Android I've used in the last four years anyway, I don't know about iOS

works the same way on ios

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

it costs $30 vs $20 at walmart to get a tracphone that can use qr codes instead of a dumb phone i think we will all be ok

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i used to live in the absolute poorest part of phoenix arizona and even undocumented immigrants who couldn't even get a job that didn't pay them cents on the dollar had a smartphone so they could use whatsapp to talk to family back in mexico. it isn't the people strangers thinks it is.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

boyfriend is a little too unbothered by her job there, yeesh

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i don't think the kura sushi ai roombas can legally deliver you alcohol since they're too young

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

isn't the noodles story a classic? sad that we can't post that one, it's so absurd

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Buying $200 nonstick cookware is goofy. It’s time to learn how cast iron and carbon steel work. No way she can screw either of those up permanently unless she is doing it intentionally

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Cythereal posted:

A friend (24M) of mine (23M) apparently lied and told someone we slept together. Now everyone is congratulating me for coming out of the closet, and they think I am just lying because I am ashamed when I tell them I am not gay. The guy who lied refuses to tell the truth.

Going theory is that the guy lied about them having sex to cover for the doing cocaine thing.

Time to lean in and announce you’re HIV positive and the only person you’ve had sex with recently was George

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I want to know the airport she missed the flight at to really know if I should be mocking her

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

haveblue posted:

18 hours might be fun if you had an entire cabin with room to stretch and a bed and a TV and so on

Too bad that's only available on A380s for $50,000

I used my miles to get the first class on Japan Airlines’ A380 recently and it was rad as hell. Way cheaper than buying it too.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Schizophrenic Orb posted:

Saw this come up on some local subreddits, and thought of this thread.

From r/UCSD:
My two boys are students here, and women keep rejecting them?!?!

And then, an hour or two later, in r/sandiego:
Do women actually give shorter guys a chance around here?

As someone from La Jolla originally with lots of family still there lmfao

If you aren’t a D1 athlete it’s probably ok to increase your radius a bit

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

Also has Tinder changed that much from its hook-up-app days that it's a dating site you'd show to your mother? I think of it as being primarily for dropping a pickup line then an invitation to come over and bang, not for dating.

I met my long term partner on Tinder and when I told my dad about it he got on there and banged like half of the rich divorcees in Los Angeles and goes on vacations all over the world with them. I know a lot of people who are in long term relationships from tinder but ymmv

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

This one has a happy ending.

AITA told my husband that I'm done wearing clothes in the house?

quote:

So this one really shocked me. It's 85 degrees and humid around here. I just decided I've had enough. Today I told my husband-I'm done with it. From now on, when we are home...I'm going naked.

Idk what happened but he lost his mind. He stormed upstairs went to sleep and today he told me "you have to at least wear something."

I don't get it. 31/F just looking to get naked all the time. AITA?

Top response:

quote:

YTA if you did it since your husband isn’t okay with it. But NTA for wanting to do it. I know heat is hard.

It’s not about how pretty you are. I’m sure you’re beautiful. But being naked ALL THE TIME is, at the very very least, unhygienic. Also, it won’t help much.

Hygiene: You know how when you give a urine sample at the doctor’s, there’s a wet wipe with it? That’s because there’s a LOT of bacteria down there. Not necessarily bad bacteria, at least not if it stays down there. If you don’t use the wipe, your urine sample turns up “flora” that transferred from your crotch to your sample and makes it harder to see what they’re actually looking for. The same happens here. If you sit somewhere naked, your crotch bacteria transfers. (Not to mention fecal matter from the other side— even if you wipe very well, trace amounts of fecal matter is expelled when you fart.)

Also, the dead skin cells, oil, and sweat from your normal skin areas will get everywhere when you sit, and that ruins many couches. It’s also just gross. If you were to have a guest over, they don’t want to sit in that. Even if they don’t know— how would you feel if you went to someone’s house and sat somewhere that their bare genitals were?

Temperature. Clothes absorb moisture when you sweat. Some fabrics trap it, yes, but most clothes designed for sports will absorb the sweat and cool you down faster than being without clothes. Try wearing moisture-wicking fabrics.

Health. Sitting on fabrics of chairs and couches without a barrier can give you rashes.

Emergency. What if there’s a fire, or something else that you need to evacuate for? Do you really want to be naked during an emergency situation?

Courtesy. It’s your husband’s home too. If he’s not comfortable like this, think twice. And it has NOTHING to do with your looks. My boyfriend is the hottest guy on the face of the earth, but I would not want him to be naked all day.

Update:

quote:

Yes. We have plenty of towels now. Update. He's not mad at the moment. In fact he just came downstairs naked.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

If someone gave me a mug as a gift I’d flip out I have so many mugs

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

No one needs to explain why they have too many mugs. Mugs are cruft; they accumulate of their own accord.

If anyone in your life is a teacher they WILL accumulate at a tribble-esque rate

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

can't wait to name my kid audrey or elizabeth or something really weird like kevin

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

captainOrbital posted:

this is of what it made me think

+1

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

artsy fartsy posted:

I can't focus on cookie chat when there's a goon on the loose that needs to be given a product number when sent out to buy a goddamn toilet plunger

beep boop incompetence: weaponized

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

My dad doesn’t save any contacts and also deletes all his messages. It’s unhinged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I’ve (F25) found poo poo stains in my boyfriend’s (M28) underwear multiple times... how do I approach this without causing tension?

quote:

i (25 female) and my boyfriend (28) have been together for six years. over this past year our intimate life has severely declined. The main issue I’m having is his hygiene. I personally am an extremely hygienic person. I shower every single morning and every single night and I have a strategic body care and skin care routine. (Not saying i wash my hair twice a day- im talking about a quick rinse off in the shower)

My boyfriend showers maybe once every other day and really only brushes his teeth for a quick minute before bed without flossing or using mouth wash. I also often find his poop stained underwear on the floor of our bedroom and bathroom.

I believe I might even have a little bit of OCD when it comes to personal hygiene as I really overthink about germs and what not. (I work in medical so i hygiene is extremely important) I’m finding it really difficult to be intimate with him when I’m worried about his bad hygiene affecting mine (poop getting on me) and it’s also really hard to be attracted to someone when there are odors.

I love him to death and he’s such a good man, but it’s really starting to bother me. I haven’t really brought it up because I don’t want to hurt his feelings. I need some advice on how to kindly bring this up without making him feel bad.

EDIT*

More information/ answering some questions:

I notice the poop stains on probably 8/10 pairs of his underwear

I just ordered a bidet. im hoping when it arrives that will spark up a conversation . I have put baby wipes on top of the toilet paper roll several times but he doesn’t use them.

I’ve noticed the poor hygiene this past year when we moved in together. He isn’t a big guy but he is very hairy. I dont think hair should be an excuse for not wiping properly though.

I dont do his laundry at all. He just leaves the underwear on the floor until he’s ready to do his laundry and thats why i see them

To the few people suggesting getting him black underwear??? That would just hide the problem?

To the person that said i am over the top— How is practicing good hygiene over the top? I never said my routine was 1 hour. Id say i spend about 20 minutes morning and night cleaning myself ( shower, oral care and skin care) Oral care should be done morning and night definitely not every now and then. I work in medical so i am constantly exposed to germs and find it really important to stay hygienic.

Gross