Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

BrigadierSensible posted:

The existence of "Big John" implies there was once a "little john". I hope he's doing well.

I heard he's okay. Took up with a bunch of guys who hang around Sherwood Forest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Dredging up a classic:

AITA for not getting a tattoo with my sisters and inheriting our grandma's money?

quote:

My grandma is super against tattoos. She says they don't look good on women (my two brothers have tattoos, though, and that's fine with her). When she found out my oldest sister - there's four of us - had a tattoo (we still don't know who snitched) she took my sister out of her will.

My other sisters and I made plans for the three of us to get tattoos in solidarity with our sister. I said I was going to do it, but then I realized how dumb that was and decided not to do it. They went through with it, though, and they were mad at me when they find out I didn't do it.

My grandma took them off her will and when she died, my two brothers and I inherited all her money and estates. My brothers and I gave our sisters a little bit of it, but they want us to split it equally. My sisters have been pressuring me especially because I had said I was going to do that tattoo plan with them and then didn't do it.

AITA for not getting the tattoo with them? Also, WIBTA if I don't split the inheritance equally with them (I already gave them some, but they want more)?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Larry Cum Free posted:

They're at an extreme end of the body so maybe that's part of it

r/relationships: They're at an extreme end of the body so maybe that's part of it

Anyhoo. Content!

AITA for comparing a baby to an animal?

quote:

I overheard my coworker “Tammy” talking with another coworker about how she had been trying to make banana bread, but it always came out too dry. I suggested she add sour cream to her recipe to keep the bread moist.

She seemed interested, and wanted me to email her my recipe, but I am one of those people who just throws ingredients together in what feels like the right amounts. I told her this, and she suggested that she come over to my house sometime so I can show her how I make it. It sounded a little bit like she was joking, but I took her up on it and invited her over. She agreed. She came over on Saturday with a note card and pencil so she could write down the steps as I was doing them, and we set to work.

I have a cat, Tater Tot, who is paralyzed, so I keep her suited up to protect both her and my floors while she drags herself around. When Tammy came over, Tater Tot was zipping around as usual, checking things out. Tammy seemed surprised to see her, and avoided looking at her. I asked if she wanted me to put Tater Tot away, but she said no, don’t worry about it. We commenced with the making of banana bread.

As I was throwing things together and measuring out my slap-dash ingredients so she could write down the amounts, I noticed that Tater Tot had soiled herself. I excused myself for a minute so I could get her cleaned up and changed, then washed my hands and came back to finish measuring.

This is where Tammy became upset. She didn’t want me to touch the ingredients anymore because I had just touched a cat’s waste, and it wasn’t sanitary. I told her that I had not touched the waste directly, and had washed my hands with antibacterial soap afterwards, so my hands were clean. She told me it didn’t matter, and that she wouldn’t have come over if she had known that my secret ingredient was cat poo poo.

Here’s a thing about Tammy. She has a one year-old son, whom she has brought to work on a couple of occasions. It’s crazy, the amount of stink and waste that such a tiny creature can produce. There’s no way this lady hasn’t ever been wrist-deep in poo poo at one point or another, changing this kid’s diaper, and I’m sure that afterwards she washed her hands and went about her day like a normal human being. So I told her that me changing my cats pee pad was no different than her changing her baby’s diaper.

And I guess that’s what really set her off, because she threw down her note card and pencil and very loudly said, “my child is not an animal!” She grabbed her purse off the table and stormed out of my house, and that was the end of that.

Given her reaction, I’m wondering if AITA for comparing her baby to my cat. I honestly don’t see why she got so angry about it. (The hand washing thing, I guess I can understand.)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

And then there were the days where you'd walk into a restaurant and they'd ask "smoking or non-smoking?" and the difference was literally one side of the building or the other. The smoke was everywhere regardless.

Hey, I remember that when going out to restaurants as a kid!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

WIBTA if I play the song that my mom chose for her funeral, knowing it might offend some attendees?

quote:

My mom recently passed away, and our family (primarily me) are making the arrangements for the upcoming funeral. My mom always had a really excellent sense of humor, and before she passed she told not only me but all of the palliative care staff at the hospital that the song she wanted played at her funeral was “Ding Dong, The Witch Is Dead” from The Wizard of Oz. (I managed to at least talk her out of the soundtrack version sung by the Munchkins and got her to agree to the classier jazz version by Ella Fitzgerald.)

Now, I agree with my mom that this would be a really funny thing to play at a funeral and would showcase her sense of humor to a tee. However, I’m also VERY aware that not everyone that’s going to come to the funeral is going to take the joke in the same spirit, and I think that some of the more religious friends and family members might be extra upset because there’s a certain repeated line that implies she’s going to hell. Plus, we’re explicitly having a non-religious service and one of said family members has already expressed disappointment with that.

So on the one hand I think it’s my mom’s funeral and I should respect her wishes above anyone else’s opinions. But on the other hand I realize that funerals are for the living, and it’s pretty disrespectful to do something that’s going to upset those actually in attendance when obviously my mom isn’t going to know one way or the other.

WIBTA if I still play the song my mom picked? (If it matters my alternate choice would be Landslide by Fleetwood Mac, which was her favorite song and what we all listened to in the hospital together after she passed.)

Has an update.

quote:

Hi, everyone! I figured I'd come back and give you all an update on how things turned out with my mom's memorial service (original post here). I'm really grateful for everyone who convinced me that playing the song she chose was the right option.

So yes, I decided to go ahead and play the Ella Fitzgerald version of "Ding-Dong! The Witch is Dead" after incorporating the story behind it into my eulogy, which a few people suggested as the best way to bridge the gap between a serious occasion and a silly song. We poured a toast for everyone first and I told them we would raise a glass during the song, and then introduced it like this:

"I'm sure you all know my mother had a wicked sense of humor. And if you know where I'm going with this, you know why I said it that way. For as long as I can remember, she told me and everybody else that she wanted a certain song played at her funeral. Because she wanted everyone to laugh, not cry. And because she knew she wouldn't have to deal with it if anybody didn't get the joke. But I think you'll all get it. And despite the circumstances, I hope this will be another happy memory that we all associate with my mom."

And then I played the song, and people immediately started smiling and chuckling when they caught on to what it was. The couple of people I worried about not finding it funny seemed to take it well enough, they weren't giggling like everyone else but I think they were accepting of the song being what my mom wanted. And afterwards a few people told me that the song was perfect and that they could totally see my mom requesting that.

All in all, it was a very nice Celebration of Life and I'm happy with the way things turned out.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Mordiceius posted:

This led people to FIND THE NEPHEW'S TUMBLR ACCOUNT

:eyepop: Ho-ly poo poo.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Kitchen Sinks all have overflows in Europe.
In fact I have never seen a sink without one, except in America.

I guess you can only choose between garbage disposal or overflow?

Joke is on you, I have a kitchen sink without either!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Content!

AITA for walking out of a dinner after being accused of supporting incest?

quote:

Hey. I'm posting on here because I need people's opinions on this. It's so loving stupid and such a non-issue, (unless I'm wrong about that too) that turned into something bigger.

For reference, this happened on Thursday evening. We are all in our early 20s and all names are fake.

Thursday was our friend "Sarah's" birthday. To celebrate, our friend group decided to go out for dinner. There were about 10 of us. Everyone was in a good mood and it was really nice to just talk to everybody about whatever for hours, especially since I kind of had a stressful week.

Hours into the dinner, we landed on the topic of movies/TV shows that we were watching. Our friend "Amy" mentioned a show that I had also watched. As soon as she brought it up, I said that I really liked the show, and that the acting, writing and directing was top notch. "Mary" chimed in and said that she really didn't like the show and how she had been watching other things. Cool. To each their own. Mary then asked me how I felt about the main romantic pairing in the show. I responded that I liked it, and thought the romance was cute. This is where the drama started.

For context, I don't want to get too much into it because it might be confusing, but basically, the main romantic pairing is between the male lead and the female lead. There are some people who have interpreted that these characters to be related to each other. I do not. But I know that people are free to think whatever they want, and honestly thought that this topic was harmless. Well, I was wrong.

Mary took offense to me saying that I liked the romance. She asked me if I supported incest. I said of course not, as the characters are not related. She said that they ARE related and that me supporting their pairing is supporting incest. Mary then said that I should "educate" myself before saying "stupid poo poo". I was dumbfounded and thought she was joking but she was REALLY angry with me about this. She told me to rethink my values because supporting incest makes me a horrible person. I told her she was making harmful accusations over a TV show. Our other friends were telling her to stop, including Sarah, but she kept claiming that I was a disgusting incest supporter. She then claimed I was homophobic, since the male lead is bisexual but still ended up with a woman. Mary just wouldn't stop saying poo poo like this.

So here is where I may be the rear end in a top hat. I left Sarah's dinner. My friends were asking me to stay but I felt uncomfortable, so I paid for what I ordered and left. Many of my friends reached out to me on Friday to ask if I was okay. Some of them, while they understood why I was upset, said that it was wrong of me to leave Sarah's birthday dinner and that I should have just ignored what Mary was saying and stuck around. I feel like they may be right and that I may have ruined her birthday by getting up and leaving, but I felt like I couldn't stay because of Mary throwing accusations at me over something that doesn't matter.

The show in question: Loki, with the relationship being between Loki and Sylvie, his female alternate self from another timeline.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

metachronos posted:

Hasn't this been posted before?

I think so, but if so it's been a while and it's good enough to rerun.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Two shower heads? What on earth are y'all talking about?

Also, content, 'cause y'all need car jesus.

AITA for Refusing to Let My 16-Year-Old Cousin Drive My New-To-Me Ford Mustang Shelby GT500?

quote:

I recently purchased a new-to-me 2022 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, which has been nothing but amazing for me. I recently attended a family event. What should have been a fun family gathering took an unexpected turn when my 16-year-old cousin expressed interest in driving it at the dinner table.

The Mustang, with its over 700 horsepower is no where near being easy to drive, hence the endless amount of clips online of Mustangs crashing. While I trusted my cousin's driving skills, the gravity of the situation made me hesitant. Despite my internal conflict, I couldn't ignore the gut-wrenching concern for safety that gnawed at me.

Upon respectfully declining my cousin's request to drive the GT500, I explained my apprehensions, emphasizing the need for caution when handling such a powerful vehicle. To my relief, he understood and respected my decision, acknowledging the risks involved.

I proposed an alternative, my cousin could drive my Toyota GR Corolla, a safer option considering its much lower power numbers and AWD. It is essentially a rally car for the road based off the standard Corolla but much faster. Still no where near fit for a new driver, but closer to the kinds of cars he was used to and I know he could handle it. Eagerly, he accepted the compromise, showing understanding and maturity beyond his years. Though still cautious, I wanted to accommodate his wish within my comfort zone.

However, despite the compromise, my entitled aunt remained insistent that her son should drive the GT500. Brushing off my concerns, she argued that he was a capable driver and would be fine. This clash of perspectives escalated into a larger argument, polarizing the family along opposing viewpoints.

While my parents and sister supported my stance, believing in prioritizing safety and responsibility, my entitled aunt's side of the family disagreed vehemently. Accusations of unnecessary caution and overbearing behavior were hurled my way, creating a deep divide within the family. I’ve gotten a million texts about how much of a stuck up a-hole I am from various family members.

As I navigate this complex family dilemma and reflect on the fallout, I question whether my decision to prioritize safety and set boundaries was justified. Was I being overly cautious, or was my entitled aunt disregarding crucial safety concerns for her own gratification? Your diverse insights and advice are invaluable as I seek resolution in this challenging situation.

Also I’m using an alt just because.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

"Never work with children or animals."

—W.C. Fields, actor

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

My daughter stole my kitchen zinc, AITA?

lmao

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I know what most of the words in that quoted section mean. But I can't for the life of me understand any of it.

It's a cat colony.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Defiance Industries posted:

Hela, with the huge spiky hat.

Hella.

( :v: )

AITA for not Saying "Yes Sir" to my Manager?

quote:

(self.AmItheAsshole)
Little bit of context about me, and my job. I've worked at a movie theater for 4 years, and love it. I always come in, and try to go above, and beyond. My managers have taking notice, and have been giving me a lot more responsibilities. Now it's not a promotion, and it doesn't increase my pay, but I know how this works. You start from the bottom, and you work your way up. I get it plus it doesn't hurt that I know this job like the back of my hand, so it's not really extra work. I also put in a lot of work with a bunch of my coworkers over a month long period to perfect a system that would help everyone out, and would make everything nice and organized. We put it all together in a document, and went to my GM with it. He took it to corporate, and they gave us the all clear.

Now my GM had to take an extended period of time off for a family emergency. In comes a manager (John) from out of state to step in as a temp GM. First day literally changes everything back. Takes down everything we put up. All the info sheets for new hires when they get stuck and can't call for help, New usher sheets that make life so much easier, New concession ticket that make it more organized, and so much more all gone. Why? cause that's not how they did it at his theater.
Workers are confused, and start to slip up by doing things the new way then having to do it the old much longer way it was a nightmare. I've never been handed so many guest complaints in my life. All about how they liked how things were ran before, and that it was better the other way cause they didn't have to wait nearly as long.

Then I find out that a new hire was in tears in the back wanting to quit because of how John was treating her. At that point I was so confused/frustrated by how he could come in, and in a matter of 2.5 months just completely ruin what we had going. The new hire ends up leaving, and John comes to me and says "You need to get on register now." This is what I said word for word. "Alright John I'm heading there now." He tilts his head, and says "Uh I think you forgot a Yes Sir there buddy."

I look at the line of people then him, and repeat myself, and walk away to do my job. Now my GM is back in town, so yesterday John calls him to pretty much demand that I be fired for disrespecting him, and refusing to work. What he doesn't know is that me, and the employees from that day including the new hire will be going up there in about 30 mins to discuss in detail (Power Point presentation) everything that's been going on since he's been gone. Before I go AITA? I know I could have just said "Yes Sir", but not to someone who works, and treats his employees like that I'm sorry I just can't.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Me [35F] with my BF[41 M] of 3 years; just found out he has been secretly eating hot dogs because I (unknowingly) starve him

quote:

I recognize that this sounds insane from the post title.

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost three years. We have what I would describe as a pretty solid relationship. We have enough similar interests to enjoy activities together but enough divergent ones that we also have full, complete lives outside of the relationship. We already spend almost every night together and plan to move in together when his lease is up in the fall.

We work about three miles from each other and on some days carpool depending on schedules. Typically during the work week, I get up and make breakfast and pack our lunches. This has been ongoing since probably six months in. Usually for breakfast I don't do anything crazy: oatmeal, cereal, scrambled eggs and toast. Normal breakfast stuff. For lunch, I pack sandwiches, chips or pretzels, some sort of fruit, and a couple of days a week, a sweet treat. I always make his portions larger than mine and he's never complained before about any of it.

Today we went to lunch and stopped at a nearby park. I was sitting across the picnic table from him when I noticed some yellow on his shirt and made a comment, "You have yellow on you joke."

He looked over and scratched it away. There was a lot of it and I mindlessly said, "Did you take a mustard bath before lunch?" and he just turned bright red.

After some questions as to why he was embarrassed, the truth came out. I don't make him large enough meals, and almost every day for the past two or so years he takes his fifteen-minute morning break and walks to a nearby convenience store, where he purchases what can only be described as a second-breakfast hot dog.

I recognize this sounds ridiculous, but I am so hurt and upset that he has been starving all this time and never wanted to say anything. Of course, now I am embarrassed because he thinks it is all the funniest thing to ever happen, but I am really, really bothered that instead of sharing his discomfort with me like a normal person, he just had a mid-morning hot dog for months on end. The conversation eventually ended up with us both mad: Me for what I feel is deception, him for what he feels is me blowing this all out of proportion. Do I just ignore it, or is this indicative of bigger problems?

tl;dr: I have unknowingly starved my boyfriend for years and instead of talking to me about it, he has developed a second breakfast of almost daily hot dogs. Am I crazy to be upset?

EDIT: He is the one who said he was starving, not me. There's a whole lot of focus on that word choice, so wanted to clarify. I appreciate everyone's thoughts.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

haveblue posted:

Actually, Mock Turtle was my father. You can call me Stu

:eyepop:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

quote:

Anna wants to move in, but first Julie has to move out. Which is not true, the house is big enough for Anna to move in and Julie to stay.

So the plan was to accuse me of wanting to cheat and to safe the relationship I would kick Julie out.

:eyepop:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Hughlander posted:

What kind of crab would just pull another crab back into the pot?!

One that's crabby.

AITA for supposedly being offended for being called an "idiot" during an argument for not knowing how to do certain chores or tasks, since I was never taught or exposed how to do them?

quote:

Throwaway account because I don't want this on my main.

I am a male college student living in my mom's home. For context, I do not like to be self-taught and rely on others to teach me how to do things, as it can be hard for me to remember how to do certain tasks of someone doesn't model it for me.

Tonight, while eating dinner, my mom asked me which chores I knew how to do. I told her some of the chores I knew how to do included washing the dishes, cleaning the shower, getting the mail, doing laundry, taking the trash out and the bins out and in, and making my bed.

When my mom suggested me to try other chores that were more challenging to me, such as dusting my room or washing the car, I told her that I did not know how to do either of those because I was never exposed to having to do it. I then told my mom that I did not know how to operate a hose. She got annoyed with me and called me an "idiot" over not knowing how to do tasks I found challenging. I kindly told her that that calling me an "idiot" was uncalled for and insulting, since I genuinely did not know how to do those tasks. My mom thinks she is justified because she thinks I should have learned those tasks several years ago.

AITA or is my mom?

AITA for taking a photo in someone’s house

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a few months. He invited me to a game night with 6 of his friends, which was my first time meeting any of them. I’m not a very social person so I was nervous, but also excited to meet his friends. When we pulled up to the host’s house, I was immediately overcome with emotion. I recognized the house. It used to belong to my grandma, who passed away 3 years ago. I grew up in this house. I told my boyfriend what was going on so he would understand why I might be acting a little weird, and to reassure him it wasn’t because of meeting his friends. I asked him not to say anything about the house yet, because I was overwhelmed, nervous, and probably feeling a little bit of grief at that moment. I also didn’t really want it to overshadow the purpose of the night.

We went inside, I met everyone, we ate dinner, and we played some board games. Everything was going well. About halfway through the night, I felt comfortable around them and shared that my grandma owned the house before them. I showed them some pictures that I had of myself in the house before, and everyone thought it was cool. The host even showed us some of the original wallpaper behind a cabinet. A while later, we started another game and the host made a comment about feeling uncomfortable that we hid the fact that my grandma had owned the house before them. I didn’t think much of the comment at that time.

The night started winding down, and we got up to leave. As we were saying goodbye, my mom texted me asking what I was up to. I snapped a picture of their fireplace and sent it to her with the caption “you’ll never believe where I am”. The host overheard my boyfriend and I talking about it, and got angry that I took the picture. She went on and on about how it was an invasion of privacy, and I shouldn’t take photos of other peoples houses, and that she was uncomfortable. I apologized, deleted the photo, and we left immediately after. I feel terrible that I upset her. That was never my intention. I hate that this will forever be his friends’ first impression of me. My boyfriend is assuring me that I did nothing wrong, and the host overreacted. AITA?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Mordiceius posted:

My wife and I loving hate overhead lights (they're homophobic)

If it wasn't for the rule that you could only get thread titles from the stories...

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

AITA for not telling my former fiancé I bought her dream house?

quote:

10 years ago, my fiancé left me (38m) a few weeks before our wedding. We grew up in a small town. We were friendly, went to the same school, but we never were in the same clique. She was one of the popular kids and I wasn’t.

A few years after college, I moved back home when my dad got sick. I found a job in my field about 45 minutes away from home. I would help take my dad to his chemo appointments. It was during one of those appointments I ran into EX. She was now a worked at the hospital. One day while waiting, I asked her out.

It turned out we shared a lot of the same interests. It seemed like our relationship was going great. About a year or so into dating EX and I moved into a rented house together. The following year, I proposed. We began looking for a house. EX always wanted to live in her grandparents’ house on the lake near our town. Her family was forced to sell house when her grandparents died because of an inheritance dispute. 6 months before our wedding, a chance event happened. The couple who bought her grandparents lake house had grown tired of our snowy winters. It took some work and nearly all of my savings, but I was able to buy her dream house. It was going to be my surprise wedding present so I didn’t dare tell her or anyone in her family my plans.

A month before our wedding, EX and her friends went to Miami for her bachelorette party. I am not sure all of what happened there, part of me doesn’t really want to know, but I do know her high school BF was there. When she got back, from the trip, she broke down and confessed she was afraid to get married and wanted to call it off. It was a mess. She later moved to Florida and eventually married HS BF.

I ended up moving back to the city for an amazing job. In the meantime, I still had the lake house. With the help of my mom and dad, we started to fix up the lake house. It took a few years. My mom and dad would look after the contractors while I was in the city. Having the house was perfect when the everything locked down. I was able to escape the city and work remotely from the lake house. I now live here full time and work remotely.

This summer we had 4th of July at the Lake House. My SIL used photos from the lake this summer in her Christmas card. One of those cards made it to EX’s cousin. The cousin recognized the house. The Saturday before new year’s EX’s Mother and Sister were at my front door. After pleasantries and answering their initial questions, they made an offer to buy it. I refused. They were not happy.

A few days I got a long txt from EX. This was the first time in about 9 years she has talked with me. She called me an rear end for keeping this from her. Her family is blaming her for losing the house again. She then asked me sell. I still have no intention to sell. Now her and her family are complaining on social media that this is some sort of revenge. AITA?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

mystes posted:

Oreos are a knockoff of hydrox and I personally think that oreos actually taste worse than most store brand copies

Obviously Newman-Os are the most superior. :smug:

AITA: My wife gets frustrated that I don't wear my clothes in order.

quote:

My wife and I split laundry work in that I bring it down to the basement, load it in and change it over before bringing it back upstairs and my wife puts the clothes away when they're done because she has a certain way she likes to fold and put clothes away. Which to me, is a fine division of labor and effort in housekeeping.

The way she puts clothes away though has very little to do with clothes being accessible or organized by type and more about putting them in order so that every piece of clothing has a chance to be worn. Clothes that are in drawers get rotated into the closet (a TINY closet in our NYC apartment) and then new clean clothes go into the drawers to await being put back into rotation. There isn't any organization beyond this, our clothes get mixed into drawers seemingly at random. Pajamas with dress shirts, sweatpants in the same place as sleeveless tees. So, clearly the order is the important factor to her and not being able to find or access clothes you want to wear, so I'm forced to look through everything to find an outfit you want to wear. Though to her, I should be only choosing what to wear out of what is in the closet.

I can understand this to a point and have said I can see the value in this system especially if that is something that is important to her. That I appreciate the level of organization and dedication she puts into our lives at home, but also that I won't be told I can't wear the clothes I want when I want to.

I'm a comfort outfit type of person. I know which of my shirts I love the most and what pairs of pants I like them with, what belt goes with which outfit, etc. However, I don't believe I need to wear them in a rotation and not being able to wear (or find) what I please is very frustrating to me.

I don't rip them out of the drawers and leave the rest a mess, I always carefully remove them and put other clothes back the way they were.

When I take clothing from a drawer instead of the closet, it instantly sours her mood and the morning becomes very tense. To the point where she passive aggressively asked "Should I just throw out all your clothes in the closet?" and has not put laundry away for the entirety of this week because "What's the point? You're just going to wear whatever anyway." I might wear those clothes again, just not that day and yes, maybe a few can be go to donation because I'm not wearing them as much (Which is what I said in response), but to me, that isn't something to get so upset about you have a nasty attitude with your spouse over it and leave the house for work in a terrible mood.

I see this as controlling and she sees my behavior as insensitive. But me wearing clothes "out of order" does nothing to our home or health, and has no negative impact on our lives other than her frustration with me not adhering to her system. Is this her being neurotic and controlling or am I the rear end in a top hat?

TLDR: My wife puts clothes away in old to new order and gets upset when I wear what I want to instead. AITA?

AITA for asking gf to see her bank account information

quote:

My girlfriend and I have been together for 5 years, living in my house. She's secretive about her privacy, even though we share a home. She never wants me near her phone. I went through it once and told her about it because she would flinch if I even touched it. She wasn’t cheating so I couldn’t understand what she was scared about me seeing. Before moving into this house last year She wanted legal documentation of our relationship, but I declined because a lawyer told me it was a bad idea. She asked for a joint bank account, which I refused because seemed like something sticky legally.

Recently, she stopped paying certain household bills, claiming she's just a tenant. When I suggested creating a budget, she refused, citing our unmarried status. I asked to see her bank accounts to understand our financial situation, and she accused me of invading her privacy. I told her that we shared a space, finances and I was her partner. She said she didn’t want a partner she wanted a husband. The idea of marriage is something I am not for I don’t see why the government needs to be in my business.

I went through her bank account anyways, I discovered she's financially well-off and bought a house without telling me. To me that’s messed up . I’m struggling financially because she stopped going 50/50. She rented out that house makes $3k on it a month. Then she’s living with me and only pays “fair market value” as she claims for a bedroom and only electricity. She used to pay water and doesn’t anymore and the water bill is very expensive. She's upset I looked at her accounts and wants to break up, but I'm confused about what I did wrong. Obviously I know I should’ve gotten her permission but, her being that upset that I know that she says money is something I don’t get. She started crying about it. I only went through her checkings account I couldn’t figure out her log in information for her savings or investment accounts and I’m sure they’re just as hefty.

AITA for taking my wife out to her favorite restaurant for my birthday?

quote:

My wife is currently upset with me for not taking her out somewhere cool for my birthday. That is not a typo. It was my birthday and I took her out to her favorite restaurant.

My wife has very limited tastes when it comes to food. We joke about her thinking mayo is too spicy and that she wants her Caesar salad made with iceberg lettuce instead of romaine. And maybe switch to ranch dressing.

I don't care. She is an amazing wife and mother. She just isn't a great person with whom to explore cuisine.

Our city has some really great Italian restaurants. Some are hyper local. Like one place has food from a town in Northern Italy. They use a ton of butter in their food instead of olive oil. It's fantastic. I get chest pains after eating there but it's worth it. My wife prefers Olive Garden.

Her and I often eat out separately with friends. Maybe once a month. My friends and I go exploring for great food. Her and her friends go to chain restaurants. There is nothing wrong with chains. They provide consistency wherever you go. I have had very bad experiences with new and flashy places.

The times I take her to dinner at places I like I have to spend time exploring the menu to make sure she can order and enjoy something. As long as there is at least one basic western dish she is fine. Sometimes she complains about lack of choices at ethnic restaurants.

So for my birthday this year I chose to eat at The Old Spaghetti Factory. She loves it. I'm not joking. We ate there when we were in Kobe in Japan.

She is upset that I didn't pick a place I would like. I have no problem with that restaurant and I wanted to enjoy a night out but I still messed up.

Can anyone explain why I'm the rear end in a top hat?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Kenshin posted:

I'm guessing "IT" is overstating what he actually does

Tech workers in the UK are underpaid.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Tired: Band of Brothers
Wired: Brand of Bothers

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I dont know the details, but Ferarri does a similar thing where they wont even let you buy certain models unless youhave already bought a lesser model.
And if theyfind out that you bought/sold one out of turn, then they ban you from ever uying another ferarri from an official dealership ever again.

Ferrari has always been like this. The story goes that in or around 1963, Ferruccio Lamborghini (whose business was making tractors at the time) had bought a Ferrari, and had found various minor issues with it after driving it. He decided to tell Enzo Ferrari. Ferrari replied that he didn't want advice from a tractor mechanic.

By the end of 1964, Lamborghini's newly incorporated car company had completed production of its first model of sports car, the Lamborghini 350 GT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

we live in a world where people have FOMO re: sandwich purses created by fast food chains. They timed the release with New York Fashion Week and it became one of the 'It' items of the week :psyduck:

Cyberpunk~!