Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

on Earth 2 Newt and his many wives would be the funny old rear end in a top hat neighbors you wanna hate but can't, instead of one of the most evil destructive Hitlers in history like this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

wow, efforts. incredible. everyone should celebrate me for my efforts to cure cancer and climate change.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

close, goldmine, make another succ thread

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Genocidin Joe Biden has lost Succ Stewart, who will probably say we need to vote for Joe Biden anyway

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

these old rear end gooner men really gonna make a "rump" joke

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Nichael posted:

When I go by one with friends in Philly, they always taunt me and loudly say I love the pedophile ice cream in front of its huge line of libs

there's one that just opened in a shopping area near me and whenever we go by I'm muttering to myself about the pedo ice cream and my partner looks at me weird

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Jon Carbuncle posted:

why the heck is the ruling class so god drat weird looking

being evil warps your appearance from the inside out

see: Nuland, Victoria

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Rectal Death Alert posted:

Trump rising in the polls and looking to be the favorite is breaking brains already.

Not necessarily your sister but the worst liberals are the ones spreading this poo poo around to be impossibly negative for Trump and impossibly positive for Biden.

Trump is going to send gangs door to door executing minorities but Biden will end war, hunger and provide free college for everyone. Medicare For All will even exist from May to October this year again.

Why would you choose the apocalypse on purpose?!?!

It's been neat to see everyone but the psycho true believer blue no matter who freaks no longer being swayed by bullshit promises about what a second Biden administration would do vs Trump.

Bidens been president for three years and the huge majority of Americans have seen literally no positive improvements in their life related to government policy. Rents, prices of goods, and interest rates have all skyrocketed, healthcare remains a farce, and student debt still exists (and people have had to start paying for it again). Zero progressive policy has been passed. Literally none.

A bunch of regressive poo poo like Roe v Wade overturned, huge covid death numbers, and overseeing the worst genocide of the 21st century did happen though. Thanks Joe!

So gently caress all the stupid Democrats who make noise about healthcare being a right and protecting abortion rights and democracy. You're full of poo poo and everyone knows it. gently caress you.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

what does she think about Vice President Kamala Harris

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

It's all part time jobs too and for all I know they include gig work bullshit in there

Wow 5,000 people downloaded the Uber app and signed up as drivers, that's jobs

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Libs stumbling rear end backwards into truth lmfao

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lol

now do Bernie as turds

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

hispanix

blax

chinex

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Al! posted:

all rise for justice buttigeig

this would be pretty funny too

not as funny as

Justice Hillary

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Nichael in ruins

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Dr seuxx

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Bidens going to get America into a war with Iran

Lol lmao

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1779238564909215911

Blinken isn't just a complete bloodthirsty psycho, he's also astoundingly incompetent

He is a very stupid man

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Vermont isn't sending its best

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I thought Al Sharpton was dead lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

"health of the mother" was such a banger. one of the worlds biggest dipshits to ever live, we miss you John. he's crashing planes in hell now.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

stupid nazi bitchta

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

:downsgun:

Sen. John Fetterman (D-Pa.) said that Iran’s aerial assault on Israel shows how the U.S. is “not standing firmly with Israel.”

Fetterman reiterated on Sunday’s “State of the Union” on CNN that there should not be conditions on sending additional aid to Israel and called again for the U.S. to stand with its ally in the wake of Iran’s missile and drone attack on Israel over the weekend.

https://thehill.com/policy/internat...ly-with-israel/

he should get a tattoo of hitlers face on his own big dumb face

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

the only reason Biden hasn't started lobbing missiles at random Iranian civilian targets is because his handlers are dimly aware that starting hot war with Iran would be bad for his ever dimming reelection chances

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

What a loving dumb lummox. People were taken in with him because he dressed like a cretan?

no because he went to Harvard

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

if interest rates were still sub 3% and good chicken breasts were $2.99/lb Biden would be in good electoral shape but unfortunately his lovely administration has fully destroyed the little economic security Americans did have going into 2021

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Bidens going to lose because Pepsi is $10 a 12 pack and also because he is personally overseeing the genocide of Palestine. Sucks to suck Joe

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Sotomayor and Thomas both die in the same week and Trump gets to replace both of them in January 2025

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

that guy who put his feet on Pelosi's desk is a hero. if only he had pissed on it too

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

ArmedZombie posted:

On September 1, 2023, the Federal Bureau of Prisons [FBP] inmate locator page showed Richard Barnett, age 63, incarcerated at FCI Oakdale, a low security 835-inmate federal correctional institution located in Oakdale, Louisiana; the FBP inmate entry for Barnett then showed: "Release Date: 02/12/2027". In March 2024 FBP lists Barnett as being held at Seagoville Federal Correctional Institution FCI Seagoville, near Dallas TX, with a release date of 14 December 2026, with inmate number 24841-509.[28]

free him

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

long version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpUx9DnQUkA

(i dont generally recommend lindsay ellis btw this is her only genuinely good video as far as i can tell)

short version

so stockholm syndrome as you may or may not know is the psychological theory that kidnapped people become sympathetic to their captors the theorys kind of bullshit (it almost certainly owes its legitimacy solely to patty hearst using it as a criminal defense) but its nonetheless on the surface level very applicable to the story of beauty and the beast because everyone knows that belle is taken captive by beast and falls in love with him and there was a time when stockholm syndrome was this cool hip thing that all the smart people know about hence how this became a cool edgy critique of this childrens cartoon

if you remember anything that actually happens in the movie of course it very quickly falls apart belle heroically offers herself in exchange as a hostage for her father whose original crime is not in dispute additionally the ambiguity of beasts character is like the whole driver of the second act by the end of which its clearly established that hes not terrifying people on purpose because he has asides where he expresses remorse and regrets over his overreaction and lack of self control and its also pretty clearly implied he has issues with self hatred and only agrees to the exchange at all because he knows his servants are also on the hook for the curse

the disney remake removes the asides under the assumption that theyre stockholm syndromesque conditioning but this toxically affects beast because now instead of showing belle the library because he has a eureka moment on his lonesome and realizes shed probably like the library and he wants to do something nice for her instead the idea and the introduction happen in the same scene so he just looks like a pimp showing off consequently belle also doesnt teach him how to read in the live action version because women teaching men to do things is sexist so instead hes just a jackass whos already smugly just as good at reading as she is

the bigger broader failure of the live action version that it turns the townspeople into sympathetic characters by also making them victims of the curse this completely changes the tone of the final act from gaston being a charismatic demagogue whipping the crowd into a kneejerk frenzy to him just being a weird...kindof...guy??? who noone really even likes all that much which is very much against the tone of the original which very unsubtly emphasizes that men should be judged according to their motivations not their competency in projecting a good public image which doesnt necessarily have anything to do with whether theyre actually a good person this was a very common third wave feminist idea and you can really see how the fourth wave shifted the conversation that this became toxic but that having gastons sidekick be gay (maybe???) is enough to make him sympathetic too when as gastons hype man hes arguably even more dangerous than gaston himself

twitter size version

https://twitter.com/embernic/status/1773069759996719277

what

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

shes gonna vote for Biden again

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Automata 10 Pack posted:

and he’s going to pass trans care bans afterwards

purestrain succ

https://www.contrapoints.com/transcripts/voting

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

SixteenShells posted:

IIRC she's claimed the original video was meant to be a parody of that kind of liberal rhetoric

interesting. I claim I am the Emperor of the French, does that make it true.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Obama ftw

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Theo Hitler

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

stupid old bitch

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

Not gonna read that.

I happy for you tho. Or sorry that happened.

I read it and learned that before Doordash, all disabled people starved to death

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

vaxxed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Actually John Adams never owned slaves, and seemed pretty morally upright for a 1700’s guy. He was probably one of the better founding fathers.

Jefferson was a total monster though. Monticello was basically Craster’s Keep. People would be able to identify his runaway slaves because they looked like him.

UVA continues this proud tradition today