Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

The Failing New York Times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Chairman Xi my people yearn for elections.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

SixteenShells posted:

Trump used his own money to pay her to keep quiet. Her knowledge would have been damaging to his campaign if she released it, therefore paying her to keep quiet helped his campaign by preventing a negative impact. You can't pay someone to do something to help your campaign without disclosing that to federal authorities. Therefore, it was illegal for Trump to pay her to keep quiet without telling anyone in the government that this was an official campaign expense.

If you're thinking this is a very, very stupid thing to file criminal charges over, you would be correct.

Top headline on both NBC and CNN, if you're wondering "wait what about the whole ongoing genocide and potential regional war in the middle east thing" sorry you gotta scroll down to find it.

Ultimately it's all a media circus to keep Trump in the news and in a negative life, both because Trump gets clicks and because they're hoping it'll help Genocide Joe get reelected. What will NOT help get him reelected is a daily deluge of irrefutable proof that we're funding and arming a nation of genocidal freaks so gotta make sure we can push that to at least page 2.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Aren't we currently in the process of selling our steel spine to Japan?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Go gently caress yourself Genocide Joe.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:aochloe:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Nichael posted:

mfw gav is talking to me

The new Live Tucker Reaction not looking as good ngl.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The actual best founding fathers letters are the ones to/from Lafayette, because he was the only actual purestrain believer in liberalism and enlightenment principals so he just kept writing over and over with "hey so when are you guys finally gonna get rid of the whole slaves thing, that's really bad and of course I'm sure you also know it's really bad since we're all such liberal enlightened thinkers, seems totally incongruous with everything we stand for that the US still practices slavery" and then Washington or Adams or whoever would write back really handwringey replies about how "oh yest of course but you see now's just not the time and also you just don't understand kiddo" from their gigantic chattel slave plantations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Poked my head into the bad thread out of boredom and they're currently arguing that if you think the Boeing whistleblower was murdered instead of believing he killed himself after he explicitly told a ton of people in confidence "I'm not going to kill myself, I'm not suicidal, if I commit 'suicide' I have been murdered" then you are - in fact - a crackpot conspiracy theorist.

lol

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

silicone thrills posted:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/03/15/biden-approved-willow-project-explained/11478463002/

??????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Its literally IN the refuge he claims to have cancelled leases in.

Listen fat, do you want TRUMP to win??? We gotta keep oil prices down.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

One of these days it's gonna be her turn again (to lose).

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

quote:

Sydin, Bernie Sanders here.

I've recently written a best-selling book entitled, "It's OK To Be Angry About Capitalism." It has just been re-published in paperback.

It's a good book. It's an important book. It deals with issues that too few people in Congress or the media are discussing.

Please make a donation of $27 - or whatever you can afford today - and we will give you a copy of the book. Use this link:

[REDACTED]

-Bernie
Stop2Stop

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

gradenko_2000 posted:

My hot take is that actually showing what life was like before the bombs dropped was a mistake - a big part of the pre-Bethesda (and even pre-FO4) writing is that you're supposed to look upon the pre-war days as a hazy, indistinct Good Old Days that's open to all sorts of interpretation with only very limited peeks into it, but by showing that life really was a sort of idyllic 1950s atomic-punk suburbia (even with all of the undertones of conflict lying just beneath), you get into all sorts of debates about how whether it really was China that launched the nukes first when the point is that none of it matters and you can't go back to the past anymore.

:yeah:

Similarly explaining how the nuclear war actually started and who shot first completely ruins the broader point that it doesn't matter: whoever started the MAD chain and whatever reasons they had for it literally do not matter because the result was same regardless.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

No lies detected.

Hmm, interesting. Wonder if there are other countries - ones the US supports even - that could potentially be carrying out genocide, crimes against humanity, forced labor, and other human rights violations against predominantly Muslim members of an ethnic and religious minority group

...Nah

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
MORE 👏 FEMALE 👏 UNION 👏 BUSTERS

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

I give this tweet a one... out of five.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/college-protesters-divest-from-israel-what-it-means-rcna149147

quote:

Activists say financially supporting Israel makes their schools complicit in the war in Gaza. Experts argue it's not that simple.
There is debate about the efficacy of divestment. Some evidence suggests that the buyers of shares being sold off as part of a divestment campaign can sometimes turn out to be worse actors than their original holders, NYU’s Taylor said.

She gave the example of Myanmar, where energy giant Chevron ending up selling off an asset to an entity that human rights groups said was even less accountable.

:lol::lol::lol: "Have you considered that if we divest from Israel, then people who hate Palestine even more than us might buy those assets??? Who do you want funding genocide, the good guys or the bad guys?????"

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Scarabrae posted:

gently caress JOE BIDEN

:hmmyes:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

lmao imagine getting outflanked on the left by loving Alex Jones.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

"Should we give more money to Nazi Israel to commit genocide?"
*AOC Through a stream of tears* "Present."
"What a courageous stance from the left."

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

loquacius posted:

I say "many such cases" so often that I don't even remember it's a Trumpism until someone reminds me

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Willa Rogers posted:

saw this making the rounds yesterday:

it's really loving weird the way they're infantilizing students who are protesting.

Israel is an apartheid colonialist state that deserves to be swept into the dustbin of history, along with the America, its suzrerin. The good and noble people of Palestine, crushed under the oppression of their imperial occupiers, will be made free. This institution - by investing in Israel and companies that aid and abet their genocide of Palestine - is in turn complicit in Israeli war crimes. I was right to protest this, and will continue to protest this until such time the university undertakes a total and complete boycott and divestment of Israeli linked finances, and condemns Israel's actions in Gaza.

There, exactly 100 words.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:monocle:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

I mean, this really isn't surprising. If you oppose Israeli genocide of Gaza then you're going to disapprove of Biden giving them guns and money for it as well as international diplomatic cover, and if you are a bloodthirsty zionist you disapprove of Biden because he's not going in hard enough and drawing tepid redlines around Iran and Rafah. Biden found the perfectly triangulated third way where he supports the genocide but you know, not too much and occasionally he tut tuts over something before sending another couple billion. It's a position so perfectly placed to please absolutely nobody that I genuinely wonder if he brought on Liz Warren campaign staffers to consult on it.

HallelujahLee posted:

that 19% has to be the biggest freaks alive

I imagine it's largely party line bootlickers who'd answer yes to any question that starts with "Do you approve of Biden's handling of-" unflinchingly.

err posted:

Dems are losing the sinophobic liberal guy

lmao when you've lost Noah Smith, although of course it's only because he wants us to go bomb China instead. Hey Noah you do realize the famed and capable US Navy just got chased out of the Red Sea with its tail between its legs by the Houthis lobbing a bunch of drones at it, right? The US would get loving SMOKED by China in a shooting war right now, particularly an offensive one where the US would have to project consistent wartime power into the South China Sea.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

lol evergreen

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

lmao literally trotting the "buildings' lives matter, too!" banger back out from 2020, bravo Brandon.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Nichael posted:

It's silly to ask why Trump or Biden say a given thing but it's possible Biden was riled up by this:

https://x.com/mrjeffu/status/1785868199537586261

I think he's just a doddering piece of poo poo racist, OP.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

HallelujahLee posted:

apparently chicago isnt allowing any protests in the city or near it for the dnc

I'm sure Brandon (no not that one, the other one) will stick the landing on this policy with no issue :thumbsup:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

HallelujahLee posted:

so what was the verdict on that guy was he another worthless turd like almost every other "progressive"

He's completely rudderless and ineffective to the point that progressive aldermen are bemoaning backing him and saying it would have been better for a right wing dipshit like Vallas to win instead because their constituency then wouldn't have been dragged through the mud.

Brandon's currently trying to push to give the White Sox and Bears hundreds of millions of public money to subsidize new stadiums while our governor goes "lol gently caress that, they can pay for it themselves" and seems flabbergasted as to why Pritzker's position is more popular.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:hmmyes:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Weekend at Bernie's as long as it's not actually Bernie, or they're all suddenly voting for trump (even though slurnie succs)

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

comedyblissoption posted:

once upon a time the daily show aired a segment on vice president biden called the audacity of grope
https://www.cc.com/video/yfmksi/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-the-audacity-of-grope

Yeah but there wasn't a gosh dang CHEETO in the white house back then was there??? Do you love trump?????? Do you hate democracy????????????????????????????????

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Vim Fuego posted:

NoJoe 2024

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I'm a Sleeve McDichael kind of guy personally

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bedpan posted:

he hates women and POC too much to quit

Many people have been saying this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Slurnie can suck my nuts, enjoy kissing your best friend rapist's boots for another four years while you accomplish nothing, shithead.