Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

newt playin that back 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

VitalSigns posted:

Conveniently when his party controlled congress he let it expire, and now that Republicans can block it in the house he's really determined to bring it back you guys!

yeah it's exactly like the minimum wage lol they had the chance to pass it with 50 votes and then took it out of the reconciliation bill and wow shocker they didn't have enough votes to put it back in and then just blamed republicans (despite both delaware senators voting no lol)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol "piling on"

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
not sure where to share this but the algorithm sent me this and you will want to hear it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zTei5RMhQ8

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

isn't this the poo poo that made trump a dicktater

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

moths posted:

Ween's country album loving owns.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Probably Magic posted:

The Jets will hurt mcmagic more than anyone in this thread will, don't know why we're bothering to pile on him. He's also right about Twitter sucking now. Team Willa for the win otherwise.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
being a jets fan is a harsher punishment than I or any mod or IK can dish out

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mcmagic posted:

Trump hired the same type of neocon imperialist ghouls that any republican president would've hired. If something like 9/11 had happened when he was president he would've done the same thing as WBush or any other republican president would've done. (Most democrat presidents too)

yeah I mean I don't know what trump would have done differently than say President Marco Rubio except tweet mean poo poo. I doubt Rubio would have signed off on all of the covid poo poo. Does anyone really think Rubio would have sent out big beautiful checks?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

"If I Kicked It (The Bucket)"

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

they need a midwest white guy with a picture of a juggalo in there

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

VitalSigns posted:

Most likely. He voted for it twice. He might not have said "it should be a big beautiful $2000 check" for the second one, but he voted to approve $600

They kinda had to do something. People couldn't work, if you don't get the people some relief on a mass unemployment crisis, well that's the kind of thing that tends to end with politicians dangling from light poles.

E: also even if he privately opposed the checks, they were each a part of massive must-pass covid legislation, and the only way to block them would have been to veto the entire bill which would have touched off economic panic. No way would that have been worth it.

Even Trump backed down when his threat to veto the second bill because the checks weren't big and beautiful enough caused chaos

yeah I that's a good point, so yeah he was even more of a boilerplate republican than I gave him credit for. which is kind of funny considering that like if trump is a fascist dictator and he's governed like a "sane republican" like what does that say about one of the 2 parties, the ability of liberal democracy to beat fascism and democrat leadership's insistence that we need a strong republican (fascist) party

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

pencilhands posted:

Many young voters dislike both Biden and Donald Trump and aren't going to vote. A very polite way of expressing this is that some are what are euphemistically called "low-information voters" and blame Biden for things he can't control. It's like: "I read all about the eclipse and wanted to see it but it wasn't available in my state so I am going to blame the president. It's his fault." Many of them have no idea: (1) what Biden tried to do as president and (2) why he couldn't get it.

Kirsten Mansel (23) is a liberal who wants to teach Biden a lesson because he didn't cancel student loans or protect abortion. She is willing to accept a Trump presidency to stick it to Biden because she is angry. Maybe somebody ought to tell her that Biden tried to cancel student loans but the Supreme Court, full of Republican appointees, said he didn't have the authority to do that, and nevertheless he is trying to do what he can on the interest on the loans and other things. While he or she is at it, maybe someone should tell Kirsten that only Congress can make a law making abortion legal nationwide and all Republicans oppose that, so the votes aren't there.

couldn't biden just put loans in forbearance and set interest rates to 0% for the entirety of his presidency (thus giving people a reason to reelect him)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

SixteenShells posted:

something something covid was emergency circumstances so Trump had legal justification to start it but Biden doesn't have it to continue it. i dunno. i agree with you.

ah it's a good thing he declared the emergency over then

but like couldn't he do it without an emergency declaratoin, can't he just direct his education secretary to do it

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

VitalSigns posted:

No he cannot, last May Democrats joined Republicans to make it illegal to put loans back in forbearance after September 2023

E:
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/05/30/debt-ceiling-deal-biden-student-loans-interest-00099144

lmao we did it Joe

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

loquacius posted:

we're communists op

Lpzie posted:

we're Forever Trumpers

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

don't drop that poo poo

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah think about how someone would act if they genuinely thought that Trump getting elected again meant they'd be marched off to the camps, and then look at how they actually act.

Remember when he was president Trump abused all kinds of executive authority that had been granted by congress over the years with the assumption that only people with great :decorum: would ever be elected. So now that they know this, they acted to put limits on all those powers right? Oh, no, in fact they're trying to expand the president's authority and give a future Trump even more power.

Compare to state level Republicans, who have actual beliefs, moving to strip incoming Democratic governors of every ounce of executive authority they can.

And if Trump does win they will probably renew and extend his power to spy on Americans etc

And so many examples. Did they address the senate balance by admitting DC as a state? Did they ban gerrymandering to break Republican supermajorities? Did they restore the Voting Rights Act to protect democracy? Would they even consider packing the court? Oh...no...

did they eliminate the filibuster so they could do the poo poo they pretend they want to do? lol never

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol if the cop stands by while someone else shoots you, it's because he wanted you to get shot and chose not to stop it

you still got shot!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

The Oldest Man posted:

this is giving biden way more credit than he deserves, he isn't a bystander to most of the awful poo poo coming to fruition under his presidency, he's been an architect of crime bills, israel policy, etc

it's the defense TV mob bosses use for ordering hits lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

PhilippAchtel posted:

https://twitter.com/mcinthedc/status/1778515333994676368

Bismarck set up the Prussian Settlement Commission laying the groundwork for Generalplan Ost lol

These loving people istg

this is the "more nuance" that everyone is apparently too dumb to understand:

https://twitter.com/mcinthedc/status/1778519835581804564

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

hm so it looks ilke i want this to pass I should vote republican? i thought we could only have good things if we elect one ore democrat???

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

VitalSigns posted:

no, if you don't trust the NSA you need to get off tick tock and stop absorbing anti-patriotic Russian propaganda

i only absorb patriotic russian propaganda

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Jon Carbuncle posted:

starting to think that life just continues to get worse for the average american no matter who is president

thank god I can vote my way out of this sticky situation!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

SixteenShells posted:

March 2021 was also the middle of the covid vaccine rollout - eligibility was expanding dramatically, shots were going in arms, it really looked like covid would Go Away Soon and everyone could get back to Normal Life. Why not raise your prices little a bit? As a treat to your bottom line?

no way it was uh logistics or infrastructure or something, capital is not a monolith!!!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol remember when they wouldn't use the word "torture" so they said "enhanced interrogation" and oopsies turned out we tortured some folks

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
the failin' NYT is the enemy of the people

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Willa Rogers posted:

lmao, the age splits on that nyt poll:

Boomers like Biden, Xers like Trump and millennials and zoomers don't like either

lol at democracy

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/zaugurz/status/1779589021192048960

alternatively: the us will lose ww3 because it has no industry, only spreadsheet touching

#NAFO lol

they're nazis who cares what they think

also lol that graph is only for industry which the west all exported to china so ...

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Willa Rogers posted:

his losing his poo poo in court is the one way to get him behind bars before the election.

public opinion isn't changing but the democrats engineered this to be the dominant story to the exclusion of everything else in the political realm & it's bound to have an effect on public opinion.

this time they'll get him for sure, he'll finally for once face any consequence for his actions lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

In Training posted:

"trump sucks" as a platform when his admin was in charge during a plague killing thousands a day barely got Biden over the finish line. I just don't see how it can even compete in 24.

yeah but I mean everything is so loving stupid now I think it's 50/50

which sucks because I drunkenly bet my brother $100 that trump was gonna win lol

I think trump wins because biden's win in 2020 was so narrow and everyone hates his rear end now but nothing gets the american voter harder than some dumbass decorum lib "making the hard choices" by genociding brown people and dickin' over the poors

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Willa Rogers posted:

I don't think the court cases will do him in, but rather the judges who are champing at the bit to throw him behind bars for courtroom outbursts & lack of :decorum:

Libs are literally obsessed with the idea of him wearing a jumpsuit that matches his hair; it's all they can think about, post about & dream about.

wait I thought they elected biden so they didn't have to think about TLG

(also I didn't think you thought the court cases are going to get him)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Joementum posted:

i promise you that i'm not posting this in the wrong thread

https://twitter.com/people/status/1777820792505458738

lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Al! posted:

oh my god its too funny

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
mcmagic and willa are both right

debates are useless and ultimately pointless but it is fun to gawk at the dementia addled pigs that will have the ability to end human civilization with the push of a button. watching or caring about the debates makes you a politics sicko but I got bad news for anyone who posts ITT

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Willa Rogers posted:

it's inexplicable but it's real

lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

she's got my vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU