Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The accusations of protestors being paid is all projection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

This Cleanup Woman thing just shows how individuated and alienated people are, that they can't conceive of doing something kind for a loved one without a ledger and guarantee of future payoff.

Or put the slightest thought into how other people's problems come to exist.

The problem even comes from how boys aren't really raised so much as kept alive and vaguely presentable to adulthood.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Beauty and the Beast except in the end Gaston thinks the Beast is kickin rad and they go on adventures, and may or may not kiss

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Crime Bill Biden genuinely would rather black children have their ability to experience pleasure permanently removed than let people smoke weed.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Some Guy TT posted:

did u know supermechagodzillas been arguing that mace windu changes his mind from just arresting palpatine to trying to kill him because when he enters the room he just thinks palpatine is hitler but quickly realizes over the course of their conversation that palpatine is actually satan

i thought that was very interesting

I mean is he wrong

SMG or Mace Windu for that matter

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

At this point I'm pretty sure Biden and the dems are just gonna be punching left as hard as they can at every opportunity while they go down in flames.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It must be an incredible source of comfort, living in that sort of fantasy world

It is until it's not. We've seen how liberals are a breath away from snapping because their fantasy is fragile as gossamer.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Iirc Vault-Tech launching a nuke to drum up business and setting off the nuclear exchange was in the script of the unmade Fallout movie.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Asproigerosis posted:

fallout nuke war was always meant to be vague as a commentary of doesn't matter who started it, nukes bad. China and America were in an increasingly escalating war due to oil and vault tech was just a generic company and probably just a government front (I don't care to dig out the fallout bible right now). I hate that todd and his lovely writer guy turned fallout into this goofy look out evil scientists doing whacky wild psychotic experiments!

Wasteland is technically the superior IP, but fallout quite literally changed my life.

Vault Tech controlled the government more than the other way around lol, end stage Commonwealth was pretty much corporate feudalism complete with many captains of industry setting up their own kingdoms. Strong themes of megacorps pushing to escalate the wars because it made them so much money, just like the Nazis.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Halloween Jack posted:

GURPS aside, I assume the Fallout team must have been into overcomplicated 80s milsim RPGs, what with all the calibers and prototype guns.

Very likely, though that's just a common nerd thing too. And it's clearly a point of appeal for a lot of people.

Was lol in another thread that someone was complaining about WW2 era guns showing up in the future when that's absolutely in line with the games.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Sydin posted:

:yeah:

Similarly explaining how the nuclear war actually started and who shot first completely ruins the broader point that it doesn't matter: whoever started the MAD chain and whatever reasons they had for it literally do not matter because the result was same regardless.

Even Mothership Zeta understood that and had characters discuss it in universe, no one knows who started it (and also hinted that the aliens might have, lol) and no one is considered to have won.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Yeah, I get the vibe it's absolutely meant to be people going through the motions of suburban life as the world is visibly fraying around them, nuclear war is treated as a given inevitability, they're surrounded by increasingly shrill and aggressive jingo and basic necessities are getting more and more out of reach while fancy toys are dangled as distractions. The shallow facade is the point.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

comedyblissoption posted:

aoc is donating to the dccc and palling around with genocide joe. i think shell be fine

That's the thing these people have no concept of gratitude and zero trust for anyone who wasn't born into the club

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

PhilippAchtel posted:

Wouldn't know anything about that...

:stonklol:

Yeah I gotta admit I realised what was going on halfway through typing and decided to lean into it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Count me as also reading those Hamilton lyrics in Worthless.

PhilippAchtel posted:

No, it's been implied that the US government assumed it must have been China, but there have been clues heavily implicating Vault-Tec for a long time.

I think it's safe to say this was always the canon interpretation, just hidden behind layers of in-game propaganda and historical revisionism.

Edit: A valid interpretation anyway.

And going by the hints China would be entirely justified in that there were literally American boots on the ground in Beijing.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

They think banning TikTok will solve everything.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Nichael posted:

there's a ton of pictures of Trump looking like a wealthy piece of poo poo and they went with this????

Pretty much the only reason liberals actually hate trump so much is because he offends them aesthetically, including by proudly enjoying things that are only meant to be for uncouth poors. He knows this and plays it up on purpose to piss them off and make them look like the insufferable snobs they are.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

BadOptics posted:

Except that in the 2nd movie we know that the echidnas created the master emerald and were using it for military expansionism (or at least implied). And in the first movie they kill an unarmed owl with a child in literally the first 5 minutes. I guess maybe Wendy is referencing history post-1947?

Edit: I was gonna say the comics are better, but then remembered Knuckles in those is a genetic experiment where his dad irradiated Knuckles' egg with chaos emerald rays (?) plus other echidnas are doing weird dimensional stuff.

The comics are completely insane and I hope Penders sues Paramount and gets wrecked when they actually show up to court

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Ytlaya posted:

What in the gently caress is going on with this Sonic the Hedgehog media?!

Hey now that owl managed to kill every single one of those echidnas before going down

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

'You don't even know what you want' has always been liberal projection hasn't it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

President Kamala when Biden dies a week before the election is movie material

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Trabisnikof posted:

That’s how we got that goofy thing where Trump’s support among young Black men would ping pong based on if they called one guy or not that week in a longitudinal poll.

Lol that explains so much

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Is Stancil really what the next generation of Dems look like? Just the most hideously entitled ghouls who don't even understand why they had to hide their contempt for everyone not exactly like themselves.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

World Famous W posted:

and that's different from what we got now?

At least some of them go through the motions of mealy-mouthed platitudes and lies.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Halloween Jack posted:

Yeah, probably, in which case the Party's not long for this world. If there were enough of these people and they were capable of building a coalition bigger than a cocktail party, Warren would be president.

Nobody is really a member of the Party because of the way American politics works, but I'm gonna say that the Party is in the process of shedding people who more-or-less instinctively assumed that they're aligned with the Democrats even if they're not super happy with them. It's a vicious circle where the home team mentality of who still consider themselves Of the Democratic Party become even more obnoxious.

Is this what the end of the Whigs looked like?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm probably giving these people more credit for cleverness than they deserve, but part of me wonders if the timing of this visit from Hitler 2 is calculated because they think passage of that godawful "antisemitism awareness act" will mean that everyone is too intimidated to protest this gently caress coming to our soil.

I'm wondering if it'll be safe for Bibi to go back.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

SixteenShells posted:

Wait. The Dems went with Cuellar again? He's up for re-election unopposed, with national party endorsements?

what the gently caress

Careers are literally the only thing Democrats value.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

spacemang_spliff posted:

the babylon bee is getting better at humor and it's making libs nervous

They're already better at pop culture analogies than liberals have ever been.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the option that feels both plausible and hilarious to me is Biden losing and then dying like right after

We agreed on this before, lame duck president Kamala giving the libs what they want in the worst way

Also there will never be a white woman president

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Clip-On Fedora posted:

The K-Hivers seem like genuinely bad people.

Their whole deal was that the clinton brand of liberal feminism is actually just a cult of malignant narcissism

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

comedyblissoption posted:

americans would be like we had a land war with china?!

At least twice counting the Opium Wars.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Joementum posted:

just heard Kamala talking about ketchup packets and you know what, Joe needs to resign and give us the gift of her being president if only for a few months

I still say the funniest possible option is Biden loses and then almost immediately dies, and Kamala gets to be lame duck

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

loquacius posted:

Absolutely

And we can tell the liberals they can smile at this historic day because there is the first woman President

Just do nothing but congratulate them, every day, in every interaction

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Liberals are like birds, you show them their own reflection and they don't recognise it and attack

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Nichael posted:

multiple bird species recognize their reflection

Like particularly stupid birds without the charm

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

docbeard posted:

BREAKING: This morning, in an unannounced press conference, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., eyes ablaze, declared in an unnaturally deep voice that his name was Ba'al, and directed the American people to bow before their new god.

He's got my vote

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

the_steve posted:

No, you're supposed to vote based on the letter in parentheses that comes after their name.

But also that's why the libs keep doing the RedMAGA thing of trying to gaslight everyone into thinking Biden has done all of these good things that he hasn't.

RedMAGA: "Trump built the wall and drained the swamp!"

BlueMAGA: "Biden relieved student loan debts and ISN'T actively supporting a genocide!"

Biden built Trump's wall for him

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Lol if they rig the votes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Lord of Pie posted:

It's funny that the same people that came up with "it's the economy stupid" are now doing everything possible to ignore it in favor of increasingly dumb poo poo

I'm not surprised that liberals who glimpse at materialism find any excuse to run away from it like they've peeked behind the curtain and seen things they do not like the implications of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Underpants Gnomes rear end party