Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

you take back what you said about my boy jerome or raise your fists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

Google Butt posted:

Sorry to hear that, it's straight bullshit. My Spectrum bill would be increasing from $50 for 300 Mbps to $80 per month, which is insane. Ultimately, I ended up calling to cancel the other day, telling them I'm in the middle of the T-Mobile 5G home Internet trial for a flat $50/m and was seeing speeds up to 750 Mbps (true, by the way). They ended up bumping me up to 500 Mbps for $50 per month for a year, and advised me to do the same thing again at that time, lol. To be honest, it went better than I expected, but I'm still upset because millions aren't as lucky, especially if they don't have any ISP competition in their service area.

In my state Spectrum's handing out a year of unlimited mobile service to make up for it.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

Shageletic posted:

I've seen them moving into that space and I don't trust it. Do they actually have 5g and is it not poo poo?

No idea. I know someone who's taking them up on it, though, so I'll probably get an earful if the service blows.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

Good Citizen posted:

drat, I've been too convenienced by my kindle and didn't notice libraries have drugs now. I should check out my local

what are you some kind of luddite

e-ketamine is awesome

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

Zoran posted:

it is extremely common for white families in the US to claim that some distant ancestor was a Native American, and for them to tell their kids so at an age when they’ll completely believe it

Fun fact: especially in the South, this is often used to disguise a black ancestor somewhere in the family tree. Great-grandpa had dark skin? Uh, his dad was half-Cherokee, yeah, that's the ticket.