Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Grey Fox posted:

this mf said Nadar

It's a detection method for fealty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

kazmeyer posted:

In my state Spectrum's handing out a year of unlimited mobile service to make up for it.

I've seen them moving into that space and I don't trust it. Do they actually have 5g and is it not poo poo?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/JustisLadi/status/1785868780222263623#m

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Lord of Pie posted:

The Bidenjugend

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

NADAR *click*

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

SixteenShells posted:

It absolutely is sold and marketed as a bike lock but that thing is obnoxiously heavy. I wouldn't use it unless I'd spent a fuckton of money on my bike.

Then again, it is Brown. Maybe they're all riding around three thousand dollar racing bikes, I dunno

it's overkill for your few hundred dollar hybrid bike yes but it's the lock that the university was pushing students to buy (because it's overkill and they probably got a kickback from the manufacturer to upsell the heavier lock) but yeah it's a bike lock nonetheless

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i use that bike lock, it's not that heavy

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol

of course the guy is a podcaster lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
y'all lil weaklings can't lift a chain

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

PhilippAchtel posted:

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1785728568586096792

I'm so confused by how this is being covered in the news, says man who has a show on cable news

Hayes is very succ but his ‘A Colony In A Nation’ book is very relevant currently and a good entry point to get MSNBC libs to consider that something might in fact be amiss.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
it just seems like a lot of lock for the typical crappy bike but I only use a cheap ulock because my commuter bike I got at a community bike shop for $150 so it getting stolen is just like releasing a fish back into the lake

i'm glad the kids are finding a better use for it and i'm glad the pigs are mad about it

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

y'all lil weaklings can't lift a chain

Nah it's because it weighs me down when I do sweet jumps!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PhilippAchtel posted:

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1785728568586096792

I'm so confused by how this is being covered in the news, says man who has a show on cable news

that's chris hayes' whole thing, to the point where his shows literally called "why is this happening??"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Bald Stalin posted:

Nah it's because it weighs me down when I do sweet jumps!

you fool, you ride with the chain weighing you down so that when you need to drop it you are like Goku after doing 100x gravity training

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

thats the chain Joe Biden beat Cornpop with

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Egg Moron posted:

lol I forgot about the Chinese balloon

They should send one of those over every few weeks
I did forget about it too but there is that podcast show ad that keeps being pushed to me every time I listen to a history podcast. It's about a US-China relationship podcast and their line is literally "The Chinese may not be sending Paratroopers to Oklahoma but the recent spy-balloon events..." like it's a proof of the yellow menace and it loving makes me roll my eyes every time. I am listening to a Robespierre bio and the ad algorithm makes it thematic.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

trump overperforms polls every year AND the republicans have a built in electoral college advantage AND the polls show pretty much a dead heat in the popular vote

biden is fuckin toast lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It really does seem like people are forgetting the victory Biden barely squeaked out had polls with him a lot further ahead than he is right now

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Mind_Taker posted:

trump overperforms polls every year AND the republicans have a built in electoral college advantage AND the polls show pretty much a dead heat in the popular vote

biden is fuckin toast lol

Um actually you'll find Donald Trump has lost every presidential election since 2016 therefore Republicans are defeated forever

Warnock winning Georgia was just confirmation* of the fact Democrats Have Won Politics Forever.

*Please disregard that everyone in Georgia was lied to with fake $2,000 check campaign ads, canvassers promising $2,000 cash in hand and spam calls promising $2,000 and that this election took place before Joe was inaugurated so nobody had 4 years of punishing hindsight to base their votes on or that he BARELY won the second time running against someone mentally handicapped

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Shageletic posted:

I've seen them moving into that space and I don't trust it. Do they actually have 5g and is it not poo poo?

It will be whitelabeling verizon service most likely

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It really does seem like people are forgetting the victory Biden barely squeaked out had polls with him a lot further ahead than he is right now
A victory so incontestable it made America stabler just by happening.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

look, it's quite simple: the sane, rational opinion here is to object to these specific bad apples without disturbing the circumstances that brought them about, and to call for them to be replaced with rough equivalents under different names. The unhinged, irrational opinions in either direction are (a) wanting to solve the core problem, or (b) supporting this totally unrelated American cultural reactionary movement, and these are obviously equivalent to each other because they both involve not liking the current American president. Horseshoe theory is so logically pure and natural I don't understand why it doesn't get even MORE traction tbh.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

what is his Y-axis even supposed to represent? "Opinion of Joe Biden"?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

1. Biden is most likely facing an enthusiasm problem, which is why he's going to win by 7 points instead of 10 like he should against Trump.

2. "In the real world," Republicans have arguably lost every single election since Trump's election except for 2021, and Trump is an election LOSER.

3. Most House Democrats are in lock-step with Biden on Gaza, the economy, etc. etc. etc., and yet they keep mopping the Republicans.

4. Biden may have the lowest average job approval on record, but Trump also has the most indictments on record, and is the only indicted former President on record. So, either Biden wins or Trump wins, and someone is going to set a new record here, and it's up to you what you think is more likely. Personally, I think that the quadruple-indicted loser who lost every election since 2017 is going to lose to the guy with bad approval numbers.

5. Republicans are begging for money while being bled dry by Trump's trials. Trump will get buried come November.

6. Some of these polls, like the NYT poll from a month or so ago, showed Trump tying Biden with women. Post Dobbs. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that there's an issue here.

Look, when I saw Abigail Spanberger keep her House seat in 2022 after her election was called early, I knew that the Republicans were toast that night. Biden got more votes than Trump in the PA primary, as did Democrats any way you slice it in an uncontested election with an incumbent President, and Haley got 17% after she dropped out a month prior. Trump is toast, toast, toast.

Trump is loving toast.

lol Trump by 3 points, it’s not even going to be close.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

unless you are Goku, a bike lock like that isn't for lugging around, it's for keeping at home or at work or something if you have no choice but to leave it locked up outside for long periods of time. like if you were a college student living in a tiny dorm perhaps

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

They stole the election from gore, these loving idiots are too stupid to know when they were robbed

Um excuse me, Bush stole the election politely. Totally different from pouting and voting Nater like a snotty teenager!

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

loquacius posted:

what is his Y-axis even supposed to represent? "Opinion of Joe Biden"?

Yeah and the top wants to gently caress Joe Biden

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

The President has basically unchecked control of foreign policy.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

He was willing to endure domestic shutdowns multiple times to get the funding passed and has made zero effort on conditioning any of those funds being dispersed to a genocidal regime

for some reason that makes me feel like perhaps my interests are not the ones being looked out for by this administration

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

VoicesCanBe posted:

The President has basically unchecked control of foreign policy.

Guys next tweet is basically listing out all gwb's foreign policy failures even lol!

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

2020 polls were hilarious. The final WaPo poll for Wisconsin had Biden up 17; he won by 1 point.

I think the response rates were heavily skewed due to covid and I don't think it'll be quite that insane again

But polls still effectively show a dead heat and yeah Trump could easily win

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Joe biden is uniting america in its hatred of him

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

i use that bike lock, it's not that heavy

if i lived in a third world country like America i’d drat sure pack a lock like that

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

hadji murad posted:

if i lived in a third world country like America i’d drat sure pack a lock like that

it's heavy and cumbersome but it's worked so far and a lot of bikes get stolen around here (here being any american city)

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

it's heavy and cumbersome but it's worked so far and a lot of bikes get stolen around here (here being any american city)

I’m in Japan where my seat height is the biggest anti theft device but I also use an Abus 3 or 4

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

hadji murad posted:

one of the replies of the people doubting that it's a real bike lock is because according to one of the product reviews it's "useless if the thief wants it" which she takes to mean that it's not actually a bike lock

but we all know that phrasing is supposed to mean that if someone takes a hacksaw or an angle grinder to ANY bike lock, they can steal your bike, if they want it that badly

the difference is that a Kryptonite requires such extreme measures, compared to someone prying open a cable lock or a regular padlock

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

one of the replies of the people doubting that it's a real bike lock is because according to one of the product reviews it's "useless if the thief wants it" which she takes to mean that it's not actually a bike lock

but we all know that phrasing is supposed to mean that if someone takes a hacksaw or an angle grinder to ANY bike lock, they can steal your bike, if they want it that badly

the difference is that a Kryptonite requires such extreme measures, compared to someone prying open a cable lock or a regular padlock

Right the entire point of it being that big and bulky is that any process involving removing it is also gonna take at least some effort, even if it's just jimmying the lock open that's gonna make more noise than jimmying open a smaller lock with no big clanking chain attached

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

sleep with the vicious posted:

It will be whitelabeling verizon service most likely

i use t mobile so i'm used to companies using other cell towers. cheap tho, relatively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Joe biden is uniting america in its hatred of him

draw the watchmen