Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

sullat posted:

Well also there was the influence of Dr. Fauci, who has the dubious honor of mishandling two major epidemics in his lifetime.

Zients has done more damage than any member of the CDC or the Trump admin but nobody other than covid thread posters even know he’s the guy who’s been running Biden’s covid response the last four years.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Shageletic posted:

The democrats just inserted and will pass a law banning any presidential administration from forgiving loans lol

A great example of how congress is perfectly capable of governing via legislation when they actually want to.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Nobody should have bothered doing any more covers of Jolene after Miley Cyrus released hers IMHO.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

docbeard posted:

The United States is also facing the election of a genocidal rapist fascist, but with typical American extravagance, they have two of them

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Since we are having a big language derail, am I the only one annoyed by all the zoomers that think ‘whilst’ is a just a fancy way to say ‘while’ and use it constantly?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Also, it's not crazy that Homer describes it as a wine dark sea. That's really what the Mediterranean looks like at sun rise and sun set

I always figured wine dark sea was describing the sea at sunset, kinda similar to "The death of afternoon" it evokes a particular time of day and the feelings you'd have around that being a thing you were paying attention to.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
lmao I just googled "The Death of Afternoon" to see if there was a good essay or something I could link and because google sucks now it is convinced that I'm really looking for the Hemingway story "Death In The Afternoon" and absolutely refuses to be convinced otherwise and return results on what I'm actually looking for.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Do all the US politicians have a clause in their AIPAC contract that requires them to use the word "ironclad" when talking about how much they love Israel?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gonna be wierd when the president being gone from the White House all the time suddenly starts mattering again next January.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

loquacius posted:

Liberals are very good at identifying problems and very bad at enacting or even identifying solutions

I disagree, that's Libertarians. Liberals are very good at absolutely refusing to acknowledge problems and insist that they aren't real.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Excelzior posted:

because the previous most recent self immolation was about something else entirely, something that they want to remain memory holed

Yeah it almost surely was genocide related and they absolutely, positively, definitely do not want to even acknowledge that.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Well I took a swing and a miss on that one.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
By November every CSPAM poster will have self radicalized in to voting for Trump and also converting to Islam.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The only possible thing that could get me to vote for Trump is being so disgusted by Biden that I want to make sure that he loses extra, extra hard and we aren't there yet but man do Joe and the democrats seem to be trying.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

AmiYumi posted:

literally what else could he do

that is not rhetorical i am asking what other vile thing could biden do that is not already happening

i honestly cannot come up with an example

Trump is gonna win my state and my preference is to show support for a third party so the only reason for voting Trump would be to join a dogpile of the popular vote.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

PhilippAchtel posted:

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1785728568586096792

I'm so confused by how this is being covered in the news, says man who has a show on cable news

Hayes is very succ but his ‘A Colony In A Nation’ book is very relevant currently and a good entry point to get MSNBC libs to consider that something might in fact be amiss.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm sure that nothing bad will come of the democrat making sure to fully normalize extremely violent and over the top repression of speech right before handing off the reigns to Trump for another four years.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I agree Joe, those police units should be held accountable for their crimes.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

is pepsi ok posted:

Skip I want to ADDRESS this issue.

You KNOW dissent is essential to democracy.

BUT!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Fetterman himself is lab grown so I don't know what his issue is.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Biden got so mad about what's happening on college campuses this week that he did a special address to give the brutalizing cops a pep talk.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Shageletic posted:

idk if this is technically succ or just bewildering, someone from Cosmopolitan bought a share of the Daily Beast and is now the chief editor of Content there. These are some of her ideas

Taking the idea of mainstream news to be the fawning mimeographers of the rich to its logical conclusion. Some other poo poo:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/joanna-coles-daily-beast-takeover.html

Who the gently caress is Lauran Sanchez?

Please do not answer that question I do not actually want to know.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I can’t even come up with a joke about how hosed up that is.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

holefoods posted:

I’m sure it was primarily so US companies could get at that sweet tiktok money but the israel thing is a nice bonus

It sat for multiple years as an idle threat for the money but then the minute Israel lobbiests started getting upset about it a law passed right away. It’s entirely about censorship.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

is pepsi ok posted:

bernie sanders
all surrender
80 hour week
and a payday lender

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

the_steve posted:

Lol, I got the same message. I love the "legally required to say Stop to Stop."

Same, I just replied that I don't donate to people that support genocide and then sent stop.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Yeah I support BDS, Biden Derangement Syndrome.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

spacemang_spliff posted:

ok so does that somehow justify Israel's genocide of the Palestinians? what the gently caress are you talking about you dumbass ghoul

I don't need to know a bunch of history to know that bombing a tent city is loving evil you deranged gently caress

Our excuse for destroying Libya, taken at full face value, was a tiny fraction of what’s actually clear as day really happening and about to happen in Gaza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol biden gonna be left off the Ohio ballot. Incredible. Democrat needs to be careful they don't intentionally throw this election too hard, there's a genuine risk they blow the entire fundraising game if it becomes so apparent even the rubes can't keep the faith.

Did a ruling come out confirming or you just loling about how stupid it is to make it an issue to begin with?