Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Nichael posted:

What is the current status on United States President Joseph Robinette Biden?

https://i.imgur.com/cQNtv35.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/buq1hCu.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

This feels like way too low a price for how much he's debasing himself, Schumer has collected millions, albeit over many more years

He doesn't have that much time, on account of the fact that he strokes more than a olympic rowing team

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Joementum posted:

i mean, this is just sensible military strategic advice :hmmyes:

https://x.com/me_observer_/status/1780758214985830526?s=46

This is elder abuse

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Scarabrae posted:

I’ll allow it

Oh, I assure I meant that as a positive statement. Not so much "Oh no this is elder abuse" but rather "hell yes, this is elder abuse!"

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Qoute is not edit, but Biden is a crypt ghoul

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

nancys rep tho

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Rectal Death Alert posted:

Since it's a slow news day and as the poop handler expert here is my research

1.) It started with the weird fart noise that sounded like someone ripping huge rear end during a Biden zoom call.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/joe-biden-fart-noise-tom-wolf
People commonly said he just poo poo himself and kept going. This would track with an incontinent person and he was already incapable of speaking language at some points in 2020 so it wasn't too far out of line to expect him to have common issues people with late stage dementia have. This was also at the point during the campaign when he was disappearing for months at a time and the media would just tell you every day that he was amazing. So rarely appearing made weird health issues seem more likely.

2.) It continued with the Pope visit. Snopes got involved but this just proves it was a story at the time people were talking about. They are unreliable and obviously can't be trusted.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/did-biden-poop-his-pants-in-rome/
Here is their reasoning for why it didn't happen

So did multiple anonymous people in Rome just decided to mock Biden for having poopy pants for no reason out of nowhere or did he actually do it? Snopes says no one has video so it didn't happen. You decide but the key part there is "Started ....(or at least popularized)" since they tried to pass off reports from anonymous British officials as coming from some specific dumb republican people could discount when she just shitposted about it and has nothing to do with the story itself.

3.) Around the same time there were at least 3 meetings with press present where something strange happened. Biden would be talking to some prime minister or foreign treasury secretary or something where they sit side by side in those chairs or a couch in the oval office and an aide standing near Biden would start screaming "THANK YOU" and the room would be cleared by screaming aides in like 20 seconds. No explanation was given and no media really reported it. I can't even find the videos of it happening anymore.

This is different to Trump. The derangement surrounding him has led to a bunch of juvenile pee-pee-poo-poo-orange-man-small-hand babytalk by the people obsessed with him as ways to try and own him. Trump is just a regular elderly rear end in a top hat getting "Awww got a depends old man" treatment. It was well established that Drumpfh have big poo poo diapey wipey by 2020 when Biden took over to run the ball down the field.

On the other hand Biden not only should very obviously be in some type of care facility, where this kind of thing is to be expected, but he has tons of circumstantial evidence of pants making GBS threads complete with third party reports that he is actually pooping his pants. When anyone points this out about Biden we get the "Whatabout drumpfgy diapey wipey" poo poo in response.

In conclusion, the poop handlers are real and I think FOIA requests could prove it if done right but don't know where to start with that. It wouldn't be critical information and they might not be guarding 100% of the proof perfectly if they think nobody knows about it.

PROTIP: if you work for a president over a year without him negligent discharging at least once, you aren't handling him enough. NDS are a natural part of handling politicians, just like tweaking your back is part of weightlifting and car accidents are part of driving. I watch the president ND several times a year because I actually HANDLE and know how to USE my president. It makes me a better political advisor and assistant, and it's a small part of the price you pay in the democrat lifestyle.

Simple fact is, the "hygienic mentality" will build mental blocks in your head that will get you killed. You need to be comfortable putting your hand on the back of the president and pointing him offstage whenever you want no matter the time, place, or status of his pants. Taking time to check whether the president is wearing a diaper whenever you put him in public up will serve to make you hesitate in a personal defense scenario. You loving safety idiots are going to get people killed all because of this loving "ND" shaming. Presidents are inherently lovely, you need to accept it.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

they probably can personally target the individuals in the unit

Like with a JDAM?

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

like how they personally sanctioned the settlers they then said they wouldnt actually penalize.

No I mean that the only appropriate sanctions for israel and the IDF are the kind dropped from high altitude with laser guidance

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Do you mind summarizing or copying over key points for those of us not logged into Twitter who can’t read the thread?

Here's a link to the subtweet as well that actually goes over things in detail

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1783958715030184077.html

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

:pedo:

Jerry Seinfeld hit some right-wing favorite talking points over the weekend with his comments that political correctness from the “extreme left” is “policing” modern sitcoms and has led to their demise.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jerry-seinfeld-draws-right-wing-praise-for-comments-on-extreme-left

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

^^^ that guy looks like a sea monster

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

VoicesCanBe posted:

Put out a list of names and resign en masse or shut the gently caress up.

None of this "change from within" bullshit is accomplishing anything, and they know it. Bunch of cowards clinging to their careers

Good news, the staffers heard you and decided to stand up. Here's their names:

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

joepinetree posted:

If Kyle Rittenhouse killed protesters during the Biden admin instead of Trump he would be a blue maga hero.

Checks out

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

its true ashli babbitts bloodlust was insatiable she was a monster at least as murderous as mr hootingtons wife (who remains at large)

Pictured: Ashley Babbit, moments before attempting to enter the Speaker's Lobby

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Excelzior posted:

kicked

past tense

you don't get to hang on to past glory after selling the gently caress out

Tom Morello is lovely for being BFF with noted pedophile and racist Ted Nugent.

quote:

You might be surprised that Ted Nugent and I are good friends. For his 60th birthday, someone reached out to me and said, ‘We’re making a video, and we’re asking guitar players – would you make a video [for Ted]?’

“At the time, the Ted Nugent was sort of known in the world in general as this kind of more right-wing caricature – people were not thinking of him, first and foremost, as the guy who shredded on ‘Stranglehold.’

“But then I had to think, ‘What is the video that I’m going to make for Ted’s birthday?’ And I put some thought into it, and I said, ‘It’s gonna be about two things. One, it’s gonna be things that Tom Morello and Ted Nugent have in common.’

And I went down this long list of, like, free-speech advocates, our love of rock ‘n’ roll, our respect for black artists who created rock ‘n’ roll,

And then the second was things that Ted Nugent taught an adolescent Tom Morello about sex.

Musics good though

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

ProperGanderPusher posted:

There were rumors floating around in Twitter and KiwiFarms for a long time, and she didn’t deny it when asked (she basically answered “none of your business”). I’m leaning towards “probably not”.

Not going to lie, but all this discussion about wether or not Brianna Wu is trans is kinda weird. She's a piece of poo poo no matter if she's trans or cis, and how she identifies has nothing to do with it, even if she's engaging in transphobia (trans people can be transphobic garbage, see Buck Angel).

Since she hasn't said one way or the other, it's not really anyone's job to speculate or to try and out her, simply because it doesn't change the fact that she's a genocide loving shithead.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Sorry this is my first exposure to this phenomenon so I was having trouble wrapping my head around it. Did not realize the internet had waged an abuse campaign against her based on it previously.

It's all good, I was just making the point that people can be good or they can be shitheads, and sometimes both, it's just that their being trans or cis is irrelevant to that. Plenty of assholes on both sides of the isle.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Go Joe!

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Officer Sandvich posted:

Here I go, wading into the sewers of this thread:

Active genocides in the world, 2024 (7 major):

Israeli Genocide of Palestinians
Ethopian/Tigrayan Conflict
Burmese Junta persecution of Karen/Shan/Rohinga
Chinese genocide of Uighur peoples
Russian genocide of Ukrainian people
Darfur/ South Sudanese Conflict (Arabs against Dinka)
Yemen Conflict (Sunni persecuting Shia Arabs)

Adjacent to Genocide (Pending or Nigh Genocides with a high probability- 5)
Congo conflict
Azeri-Armenian Conflict
Indian genocide of Indian Muslims
American 'MAGA' genocide of Mexicans/ democide of LGBT

Perennial Concerns- 3
Turkish/Iraqi treatment of Kurds
Indian treatment of Sikhs
Brazilian persecution of Tupi/indigene peoples

That's the current (lovely state of the world)

Now next, I'm trying to gauge whether a Biden administration would worsen or lessen each of these crises:

Israeli Genocide of Palestinians: WORSEN
Ethiopian Conflict: No probable effect
Burmese genocides: No probable effect
Chinese genocide of Uighurs: NO EFFECT
Russian Genocide of Ukraine: LESSEN
Sudanese Conflict: NO EFFECT
Yemen: NO EFFECT

Congo Conflict: NO EFFECT
Armenia-Azerbaijan: LESSEN
Indian BJP persecution of Muslims: NO EFFECT
American persecution of Latinos: LESSEN
American persecution of LGBT: LESSEN

Plight of the Kurdish people: LESSEN
Persecution of Sikhs: NO EFFECT
Brazilian persecution of Tupi: LESSEN

So overall, my assessment (with my JD in international law, Master's in History, BA in Political Science, and one thesis on international law): Biden is a wash on current genocides (score of 0), and a win on averting some significant near genocides that we are close to (+3).

No, here's my informed assessment of a 2nd Trump administration:

Israeli Genocide of Palestinians: WORSEN
Ethiopian/Tigrayan Conflict: NO EFFECT
Burmese persecution of Karen/Rohinga: NO EFFECT
Chinese genocide of UIGHUR: WORSEN
Russian genocide of Ukraine: WORSEN
Darfur/ South Sudan: WORSEN
Yemen Conflict: WORSEN

Congo Conflict: NO EFFECT
Azerbaijan-Armenia: WORSEN
Indian genocide of Muslims: WORSEN
American persecution of Latins: WORSEN
American persecution of LGBT: WORSEN

Turk/Kurds: WORSEN
Indian treatment of Sikhs: WORSEN
Brazilian persecution of Tupi/indigenes: NO EFFECT

So on the active genocides, Trump is at (-3), on nigh genocides (-4), and perennials (-2).

I revile Biden. I think he deserves condemnation in the manner of Clinton or Lyndon Johnson.

But in the hope of easing the suffering of the Ukrainian people, and averting further genocides/democides of the Latino peoples and North American LGBT, and also the Kurds, I'm voting and organizing strategically for Biden.

There are far too many of you who are willing to allow the perfect to become the enemy of the good. I'm acting on my best calculus that I can manage to minimize the maximum evils of our world.

None of this is to detract from the very real and very immediate genocide of the Palestinian people. But I'm trying to build as many lifeboats as I can manage from the shipwreck that is our species.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Nitevision posted:

He is right, but the young can change things. The sad fact is they do not vote, and if they vote at all it is only in presidential. Even in those elections well less then 50% vote.

They are a big voting block, if they all start voting, including in local elections, in about 10 years you will see change. But seems people these days want instant change.

2024 will be a big tell for the young, depending on who wins, things could get far worse for them.

Right now, the corporations determine who runs the US, the young, if that have patience, can change things by voting in all elections.

No they can't

quote:

These findings suggest that political representation functions reasonably well for the affluent. But the middle-class and the poor are essentially unrepresented (unless they happen to share the preferences of the well-off

lmao

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

SniperWoreConverse posted:

If you can't accept concrete on time you still pay for it but the truck leaves lol yeah the dude should be pissed

Depends on your contract whatever but yeah if it stays in the truck too long it can ruin both the load and the truck itself

U mitch should probably be informed this isn't insane it's a potentially catastrophic spike in costs to the point the guy is paying to work, depending on how things are set up over there

Not to mention that it means concrete finishing crews sitting around doing nothing, and if you're half way through a pour and the concrete sets too much before you're done, you can get lovely cold joints that'll crack/honeycomb and let water in that'll rot your rebar leading to spalling and potential structural deficiencies

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

SniperWoreConverse posted:

side note it's really unfortunate that they can't use the insane waste heat from this expensive turd for something worthwhile instead of just puking it into the environment but that would take effort and planning. Maybe they could bribe the locals with some district heating offset but when the piece of poo poo fails in a decade they don't want to be on the hook. Maybe you could use some sort of regenerative extraction to eek out a tiny bit of cost savings but if you could do that you'd have already done it on all the datacenters anyway.

I can't tell if you're referring to Joe Biden or whatever UMich is building. I'm going to assume you're talking about Biden, though him making it another decade is being pretty generous. He's not a well man.

das hipster has issued a correction as of 15:06 on May 14, 2024

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

quote is not edit

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Joementum posted:

we will just buy it from mexican factories

which are owned by china

No, what this means is that now that the market is competitive again, people will quit their low paying uber delivery jobs, take out a small buisness loan and open their own steel mills.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

and soon he'll be about six feet lower on the list

He'll never die, heaven doesn't want him and hell's full

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

The only proper time to punch left is if Jonathan "Piece of" Chait is standing next to you

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Maed posted:

Hey remember when the CCP dropped a pile of freestanding rental e-bikes and e-scooters on the sidewalks of all the major US cities without permission? And minors were just hopping on them and blasting around with no helmets? And they were just transmitting all your travel and credit card data to who-the-gently caress-knows? And they made some insane amount of profit with no consequences while using public land as their parking lots? And they started bursting into flames, randomly slamming the brakes at full speed, or incorrectly telling users to ride in traffic, turning them to vegetables? And when San Fran said "hey don't do that without permission", the company sued San Fran for having the impudence?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lime_(transportation_company)

Sorry spineless citizens, China corpo cops own your city now.

These are the companies that teach techbros how behavior is rewarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

loquacius posted:

Joe Biden fans:

Joe Biden: literally brags on the Internet about successfully moving a shipwreck after like a month

It actually took about two months