Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

HCT what did you do last night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Maerlyn posted:

HCT what did you do last night?

Uh, what I tried to do was rifle through Opop's corpse (parsley, the graverobbing spice) and take any spices he might have died with, but I think something interfered with me last night. My results say my action was successful but Grandi didn't tell me I got any spices, and instead I received a vaguely threatening message claiming to be from the observers of the game. Now it's possible that Opop just didn't have anything to steal, but I think I might have been befuddled.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Ok Grandi just confirmed in my confessional that I still have the parsley and nothing else that could've come from Opop. Parsley is gossiping, i.e. if you use it and someone visits you that night, the action fails and you keep the spice.

So there is no way my action was actually successful despite that being my night results. So I was clearly befuddled last night, presumably by someone who was worried I was going to get a juicy investigative result on someone and wanted to sabotage it.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Grandicap posted:

:siren:A Spice Track has been placed on Mod's Stress Headach, the Night 2 Action. The results are: Saladscooper,Windward Away,Eyes of Potatoes,Illusionis,Hyper Crab Tank,Pussy Quipped (deceased):siren:

:siren:A Spice Track has been placed on Panopticon Masonry, the Night 2 Action. The results are: Token Female, Maerlyn, Tea Party Crasher, saladscooper, Windward Away:siren:

Now can someone explain what this is? And who is "Eyes of Potatoes"??

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Maerlyn posted:

Did someone else really blend the same spices to make the spice cop + tracker + public blend?

I'm responsible for the mod's stress headache result. I'm not quite sure what to make of that yet

Oh, could this be the reason why there are two results when you seem to be expecting there to just be one?

WindwardAway posted:

I might as well tell you now cause idk whether or not CPig will tell you after I die tonight, our masonry has a power to randomly copy a number of abilities used at night and use them on random targets. The number of abilities is randomized between 1 and half the total ability count, and I assume the chosen abilities are also randomized. The masonry is not told which abilities were used or on whom, but any results produced are given to us, and even if both CPig and I die, the masonry continues to work its sorcery wreaking havoc.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Now can someone explain what this is? And who is "Eyes of Potatoes"??

Oh I think my masonry action could have prevented your graverob. I created a spice cop + mason maker blend and used N1, so I've been in a spice cop masonry with TPC and salad. It gives a list of spices that the target owns, has owned and what's been used on you (randomly sorted).

It's a long list that I haven't fully checked out what they mean, it includes individual spices and blends

Do you know a blend with the initials H. O.? If that wasn't one you made it may have been used on you

Also Eyes of Potatoes is the watch masonry salad and TPC and I are in that salad created.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Oh, could this be the reason why there are two results when you seem to be expecting there to just be one?

It's possible

Would also like to know what Clo did last night

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I did a Thing. Thing has implications that I don't like. Salad, Illu, TPC, please claim actions.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Maerlyn posted:

Oh I think my masonry action could have prevented your graverob. I created a spice cop + mason maker blend and used N1, so I've been in a spice cop masonry with TPC and salad. It gives a list of spices that the target owns, has owned and what's been used on you (randomly sorted).

I guess it's possible, but my night action result clearly said my action was successful, and it absolutely wasn't, because I still have the parsley I started with. So my night action results are an outright fabrication, including the message. Someone befuddled me, and that would be enough to cancel the graverob. Personally, I know one person who really likes befuddlement so let's just say they've shot way up on my scum list today.

Maerlyn posted:

Do you know a blend with the initials H. O.? If that wasn't one you made it may have been used on you

I don't have anything with those initials, no.

Maerlyn posted:

Also Eyes of Potatoes is the watch masonry salad and TPC and I are in that salad created.

First I heard about a watch masonry, can you explain what this is? And what's the Panopticon masonry? It sounds like there's a shitload of powered masonries out there and I'm not part of any of them!

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Personally, I know one person who really likes befuddlement so let's just say they've shot way up on my scum list today.

I realize nobody will actually know what I mean by this. It's Clo. Clo likes befuddling. I was already suspicious of her before and this isn't helping.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Maerlyn posted:

Also, why is that in the middle of a list of players? Do you know what those lists mean?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Cloacamazing! posted:

I did a Thing. Thing has implications that I don't like. Salad, Illu, TPC, please claim actions.

No action all game, I did get a message that my action was successful last night, but no idea what that is about

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I don't have anything with those initials, no.

I'll get to the other things later but one of the spices you had interacted with is called Hallucinogenic Overdose, so it sounds like a befuddle cocktail of some kind.

There were also two Pppaaarriiikkkaaas (I assume that's the Cpig blend that created The Buffet) which suggests you were visited by someone - did you have spices stolen?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Maerlyn posted:

I'll get to the other things later but one of the spices you had interacted with is called Hallucinogenic Overdose, so it sounds like a befuddle cocktail of some kind.

There were also two Pppaaarriiikkkaaas (I assume that's the Cpig blend that created The Buffet) which suggests you were visited by someone - did you have spices stolen?

As far as I can tell my inventory is as it should be (assuming my graverob failed). Hallucinogenic Overdose sure sounds like it could be what confused my results and created that message, I agree there. The only masonries I'm in are the Buffet and the Lazy Susan, which is the unpowered masonry with saladscooper and formerly PQ and Voodoo. It has been dead quiet all night, nobody is talking. I don't know what created the Lazy Susan, I think PQ did it.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Also, why is that in the middle of a list of players? Do you know what those lists mean?

I'm trying to figure that out but "Eye of Potatoes" (salad's masonry I'm in) interacted with someone in "Mods Stress Headache", or the reverse - Salad interacted with someone who has been in Mods Stress Headache. I think Salad is the first name on that list and TPC and myself are absent.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

As far as I can tell my inventory is as it should be (assuming my graverob failed). Hallucinogenic Overdose sure sounds like it could be what confused my results and created that message, I agree there. The only masonries I'm in are the Buffet and the Lazy Susan, which is the unpowered masonry with saladscooper and formerly PQ and Voodoo. It has been dead quiet all night, nobody is talking. I don't know what created the Lazy Susan, I think PQ did it.

You're sure on your Lazy Susan membership? Because TPC said in one of ours that they were in Lazy Susan (I specifically asked because they kept saying they were in 4 masonries)

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Maerlyn posted:

I'm trying to figure that out but "Eye of Potatoes" (salad's masonry I'm in) interacted with someone in "Mods Stress Headache", or the reverse - Salad interacted with someone who has been in Mods Stress Headache. I think Salad is the first name on that list and TPC and myself are absent.

Do we know what Mods Stress Headache even does? Is that the copying masonry? If so who knows how the interactions went...

Maerlyn posted:

You're sure on your Lazy Susan membership? Because TPC said in one of ours that they were in Lazy Susan (I specifically asked because they kept saying they were in 4 masonries)

Yes, TPC is also in Lazy Susan. I just wasn't sure if TPC wanted me to say so, but if you know anyway, I can confirm it.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Grandicap posted:

Windward Away's Aloo Shimla Mirch is worth 30 points.

Lunch time.

Not pictured: Onion and ginger, but they're in there too.

I don't have access to mango powder or asafoetida, so I had to substitute the former with lime juice and the latter with nothing. This smells really good, though. Tastes good too!

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

I don't know if it helps you or not, but I didn't buy any spices for quite a while. If someone tried to spice steal me when I had no spices, I don't think there's any way for me to know.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Do we know what Mods Stress Headache even does? Is that the copying masonry? If so who knows how the interactions went...

No clue

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I'll wait for more people to check in but don't have too much more to add. I'm getting a little burned out on cooking. I think salad is highest on my scum list now but need to reread.

Today is our last day in my current office so I'll be packing up the rest of my stuff. If all goes according to plan I'll be setting my work station up in the new building next week. I'm okay with things NOT working out, I'm not excited about the commute to work although I'll have to suck it up and deal.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Cloacamazing! posted:

I roleblocked Wind on the off chance that it would keep her alive. It didn't.

I also did the actions of the masonries I'm in with TPC and Maer.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
The game started off with 17 players, yes? Given only one scum flip so far I think it's reasonable to assume we're in exlo.

I'm most suspicious of TPC at the moment.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Oh yes and Illu's still alive. I am very suspicious of Illu still.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Why is Sandwolf still alive?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

saladscooper posted:

We don't count (individually) with these group actions, if it did then myself and TPC should be listed in the same list here:

Grandicap posted:

:siren:A Spice Track has been placed on Mod's Stress Headach, the Night 2 Action. The results are: Saladscooper,Windward Away,Eyes of Potatoes,Illusionis,Hyper Crab Tank,Pussy Quipped (deceased):siren:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

saladscooper posted:

Why is Sandwolf still alive?

I passed a vibe check

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Maerlyn posted:

We don't count (individually) with these group actions, if it did then myself and TPC should be listed in the same list here:

Well, I never got into the stress headache masonry, so I'm not sure what that means. Unless there's a public befuddler running about.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Aloo Simla Mirch

Veggies!

This all got chopped. I had no asafoetida, put on some garlic instead, and coriander went on whole. Also no mango powder, put on lime nothing, I forgot. As I did forget the salt too, thankfully that's fixable.

Chop chop.

Cooking veggies! I added them too fast and the potatoes didn't cook properly at first, so I had to cover it up and add a glass or so of water so it'd steam properly and not burn. It worked perfectly.

Steamin'!

The result. Yes, I do own tablecloths. Yes, that plate is probably in its mid 40s by now. We don't do photogenia here, sorry.

Veredict: pretty loving tasty, would again. Heavily recommend adding some salt. Will also look onto getting mango powder for the next time.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

saladscooper posted:

Weird plan, but okay, Wind was publically roleblocked. So what about TPC?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Cloacamazing! posted:

My records indicate that your thing targeted Sand, HCT, Illu and Token Female last night

It was our "eyes of potatoes" group action - it watches the target but also says who they visited? It said you were visited by no one.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I have done nothing at night all game (source: haven’t cooked)

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Yeah, that's correct on both counts. My spice mix roleblocked and befuddled a number of targets of my choosing, but would have failed if anybody had visited me. So basically I picked half the players. Ideally this would prevent a death, which unfortunately didn't happen.

Meaning that Sand, HCT, Illu and Token were roleblocked last night, so they couldn't have done the nightkill unless they jugged. Leaving Wind, Maerlyn, salad and TPC open. Wind is dead and town. Maerlyn has, as far as I'm concerned, sufficiently proven that she used the spice she claimed to have used by naming my spice mix and my targets. Salad has claimed to have roleblocked Wind, and Wind being roleblocked was publically announced in the day opening. So that leaves TPC as the only player who wasn't blocked and hasn't claimed an action yet.

(Asking Illu for a claim was to muddle the waters a bit.)

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
##vote TPC good enough for me.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
##unvote actually let's just guard against the possibility of a scumrush here

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Yeah I'd definitely want to hear from TPC first, was hoping he'd get around to it before I had to fullclaim my action, but still. At 17 players we probably had four scum, so this is EXLO.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

You know what, I don't trust Clo, and I don't trust Illu. They've been acting weird and I think this is providing cover. I also think it's weird Illu claims to have done nothing despite cooking all game. Here goes nothing. Windward, guide my hand.

##shoot Illusionis

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Hoo boy. Don't tell me I was actually right about Crab looking off.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Illusionis TOWN-aligned Sweet-chili yogurt chicken has been shot on Day 4.

The day continues.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
And we're doomed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Scumteam TPC, Crab, ???