Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

External Organs posted:

Honestly that's the most normal looking dude I can possibly imagine. Kudos to anime for making it mainstream. Bless.
yeah i suppose so

edit, plagueship snype

Tzen fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

He invented javascript,

death is too good for him

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Rauros posted:

haven't checked google news in awhile, because everything is awful, and it was like a firehose of IT'S MILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best part is that effectively all of those articles are actually just repeating the same "data" from well over a week ago. None of it is actually new. It's like the torrent of repeated erroneous poo poo that erupts around SEO content, except it's major media publications during a global pandemic.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

the funkos do such a good job distracting you that you almost miss the "senpai talk" written on the shirt

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

The image url should be the new thread title

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Elea posted:

There was literally nothing else they could do? Did they at least give them the N95 equivalent?

It's a town of 40K people, guess they couldn't get anyone on short notice. They've had to ask 10 home care and 20 care home workers to come in despite protocol to meet demand. They're supposedly wearing face shields, surgicals and plastic suits. So no, guess not. Those are strictly for COVID wards. I surmise Pingui, myself and the few people I've convinced to upgrade are the only other people who wear FFP2 or better in this country.

Kreeblah posted:

If this then starts ripping through care homes, I wonder if anybody's gonna be mad that they pushed contagious people to go to work. Is that a thing that they'd care about there?

It's gonna do that regardless. Who cares. COVID is mild and also over.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 6, 2021

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
We need to fight COVID with COVID.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

trending positively towards the positive

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Louisgod posted:

lmaoooooooooooo

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

:perfect:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Tzen posted:

yeah i suppose so

edit, plagueship snype

Cruise stocks up 11% today!

Poop ships are back!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Rauros posted:

haven't checked google news in awhile, because everything is awful, and it was like a firehose of IT'S MILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go out and sacrifice yourself to capitalism. The mucous in your lungs will grease the wheels of the economy.

Everyone else has already picked the low hanging fruit, but could this dweeb have maybe gotten a real shelf instead of whatever that plastic thing is? You can make your nerd hoard look mildly presentable if you put it on the right furniture.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/kate_ptrv/status/1332398737604431874?s=20
I randomly remembered this tweet from 2020 and I wondered if it still applied, so here's an assortment of recent reviews from a variety of scented candles.

Keep in mind all of these were surrounded by positive reviews that said they smelled great.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

there are reports that omicron has been moving around the area on horseback

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Warmachine posted:

Go out and sacrifice yourself to capitalism. The mucous in your lungs will grease the wheels of the economy.

Everyone else has already picked the low hanging fruit, but could this dweeb have maybe gotten a real shelf instead of whatever that plastic thing is? You can make your nerd hoard look mildly presentable if you put it on the right furniture.

That looks like an Ikea shelf

Yep, two of the shelves have backings. Two Ikea shelves next to each other

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

SKULL.GIF posted:

That looks like an Ikea shelf

Yep, two of the shelves have backings. Two Ikea shelves next to each other

Too lovely.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

bowser posted:

https://twitter.com/kate_ptrv/status/1332398737604431874?s=20
I randomly remembered this tweet from 2020 and I wondered if it still applied, so here's an assortment of recent reviews from a variety of scented candles.

Keep in mind all of these were surrounded by positive reviews that said they smelled great.

this is one of my favorite things from the pandemic. thank you covid

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Still lolling at the omicron weeb

loving goddamn what a perfect encapsulation of how stupid everything is

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/nirav_mainecdc/status/1467878013484232704
Maine CDC Director needs to seek therapy

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

It's a town of 40K people, guess they couldn't get anyone on short notice. They've had to ask 10 home care and 20 care home workers to come in despite protocol to meet demand. They're supposedly wearing face shields, surgicals and plastic suits. So no, guess not.

I'll send this to various CDCs so they can get on top of having emergency PPE for airborne viruses available in every small town. 😊

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Well I gave up and have to go into the dentist tomorrow at 7am (first appt). The staff is vaccinated and wear N95s but there will be two other patients in the building at the same time, so I guess if I get a bad dice roll I just die. (Immuno-suppressed to the point of being unvaccinated.)

It does look like with a 3M Aura I could pull the lower part all the way up and tape it to my upper lip and then breath through my nose the whole time. Of course I can't wear goggles with that. :rubby:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

They don't exist and or it was their choice.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Do we know the Omicron havers SA account yet or would that be considered doxxing

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
lol senpai talk

trap sprung I know

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
double post

sonatinas fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Dec 6, 2021

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
There are 761,000 Hospital Beds (Per HHS Numbers) in the country.

On 11/23, 527k of those were full
On 12/4 (prior to weekend reporting), 603,000 of them were full.

That means: 158,000 open hospital beds, at an average increase of 6,924 hospitalizations a day.

22 days of beds left at current rates.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Rescue Toaster posted:

Well I gave up and have to go into the dentist tomorrow at 7am (first appt). The staff is vaccinated and wear N95s but there will be two other patients in the building at the same time, so I guess if I get a bad dice roll I just die. (Immuno-suppressed to the point of being unvaccinated.)

It does look like with a 3M Aura I could pull the lower part all the way up and tape it to my upper lip and then breath through my nose the whole time. Of course I can't wear goggles with that. :rubby:

Is it just a cleaning? I'd consider rescheduling for another three six months out. It's not worth gambling your life if you don't have a problem you need to fix right now.

edit: why did I say three? why even six?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Warmachine posted:

Is it just a cleaning? I'd consider rescheduling for another three six months out. It's not worth gambling your life if you don't have a problem you need to fix right now.

There will be no dentists in 3 months

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Pillowpants posted:

There are 761,000 Hospital Beds (Per HHS Numbers) in the country.

On 11/23, 527k of those were full
On 12/4 (prior to weekend reporting), 603,000 of them were full.

That means: 158,000 open hospital beds, at an average increase of 6,924 hospitalizations a day.

22 days of beds left at current rates.

Simply having a wonderful COVID time!

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Warmachine posted:

No there's pain from a molar and it's not getting better. Of course this is just like an x-ray and quick checkup so if there's something actually wrong I'll have to go back, or if there's not then the visit was a waste. The whole thing is stupid but since we live in hell it's guaranteed if I put it off it'll turn into an emergency right in the middle of the winter peak you know.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mild messaging is everywhere and even more contagious than the variant itself. My parents don't pay close attention beyond what they inadvertently glimpse on the news, they've been relying on me for information throughout most of the pandemic, but taking more risks since they got vaccinated. Yesterday I talked to my dad who'd gone to boomer* Christmas lunch in a restaurant and then on to a café the day before, mentioned the high school superspreader event and urged them again to stop taking unnecessary risks at this critical juncture, their boosters aren't even at full effect yet. "But they're saying it's milder." AAAAAAAAAAAAA

*At least one case of COPD and heart disease (my dad), one with COPD and some other chronic illness I can't remember, one with cancer, dunno about the rest. All in attendance 70+.

Elea posted:

I'll send this to various CDCs so they can get on top of having emergency PPE for airborne viruses available in every small town. 😊

We only just reinstated the mask mandate for care homes generally. :lol:

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 6, 2021

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Rescue Toaster posted:

That's hosed, yeah. Sorry to hear it, wish I had more substantive advice

Like, the joke answer is to rig up one of those box-fan air filter cubes, but just make like a dozen of them using computer fans and a big fancy rig to wear it all with and power it so you can just purify the air wherever you go. Only slightly less joke answer might be to, like, tape together a mask and goggles so you can at least have your nose and eyes covered.

Putting off dental visits, if one is in a state where they have access to dental visits in the first place, does seem like poor advice, but I also don't know how the gently caress else to deal with most of humanity collectively giving up on vulnerable people.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Shady Amish Terror posted:

That's hosed, yeah. Sorry to hear it, wish I had more substantive advice

Like, the joke answer is to rig up one of those box-fan air filter cubes, but just make like a dozen of them using computer fans and a big fancy rig to wear it all with and power it so you can just purify the air wherever you go. Only slightly less joke answer might be to, like, tape together a mask and goggles so you can at least have your nose and eyes covered.

Putting off dental visits, if one is in a state where they have access to dental visits in the first place, does seem like poor advice, but I also don't know how the gently caress else to deal with most of humanity collectively giving up on vulnerable people.

The only real solution I could come up with was a PAPR hooked up to a CPAP nasal cannula thing. If I have to go back for repeated dental work to fix whatever this is this winter I might actually consider it.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Rescue Toaster posted:

Going to the dentist is overall reducing your chance of dying even during covid. You absolutely should feel more scared by not going because teeth are the real deal.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Warmachine posted:

bad advice, you should keep up with your medical poo poo as much as you can

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:
Foreverial infected fat american enjoying himself, loving the half he has been infected, fully complete permanently covidized and fully infected, shouting, coughing, spitting, all foreverially infected all over from his fully covidized head to his fully covidized feet, a full permanent disabled body, a complete permanent covid head, two permanent covid ears, two permanent covid lip, a huge, thick permanent covid tongue, two permanent covid cheese lungs, permanent covid organs and permanent covid insides, at last a permanent covid nose. Foreverial infected fat american jumps around everywhere and every place happily infected, shouting, coughing, spitting and fully covidized and licks everyone and everything he can with his huge, thick permanent covid tongue

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Puppy Galaxy posted:

bad advice, you should keep up with your medical poo poo as much as you can

Nah, you want to learn how to go without to prepare yourself for when the entire healthcare system collapses.

Get in touch with abortion doctors, they probably will be the first to go underground and they will be the most prepared for treating people out of a garage.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
A second person is out with macaroni in my nostromo office. Down to five of us left.

I’d like to be sigourney but I have a feeling I’ll go out like Tom Skerrit, or at best Yaphet Kotto.

Thank you for your sympathies during this difficult time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I hate society