Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Loucks posted:

Respirators cannot fail, they can only be failed. But for real and not as a bit.

Now to oil and brush my long, luxuriant goonbeard.

please dont doxx me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
Hey thread, I know COVID is over, but with the numbers ticking up again in the UK, I just noticed that the hospitalizations indicator is now leading the infections indicator. Is that just because we aren't testing anymore or is it just some other bad reason?

Also, time to get more masks. The rubber bands are all breaking off my december batch of P100s :(

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Chamale posted:

A KN95 is much better than a cloth mask, but the best protection is a P100 respirator. 3M Auras are generally considered the best-fitting and most comfortable N95s.

Thank you. And I think I'm seeing my local hardware store does carry something like this. But p100 refers to a filtration model rather than a mask, it appears.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

PokeJoe posted:

It was me. I made COVID in a lab

well then let me just say FUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOUUUUU.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 376 days!

petit choux posted:

Thank you. And I think I'm seeing my local hardware store does carry something like this. But p100 refers to a filtration model rather than a mask, it appears.

My local hardware experience has been the 3M N95s with the exhalation valves. These are also excellent. But the valve doesn't control air outtake. Covid is over anyway so this is no longer a big deal anymore

salient
Jan 2, 2021
https://twitter.com/chrischirp/status/1501250081693048838 https://twitter.com/VictimOfMaths/status/1501511554470133763

GXL
Feb 6, 2004

It's against all of our policies for an application to ever share information with advertisers.
The lady at Costco asked if I wanted to take off my mask for the card photo and I said "no"

For reference:

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

GXL posted:

The lady at Costco asked if I wanted to take off my mask for the card photo and I said "no"

For reference:

WHAT they straight up wouldn't let me keep mine on, I clearly need to be a much bigger bitch

also lmao that's rad

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fallout 5 looking good as hell

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

GXL posted:

lol

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Holy lol, needs some little arms & legs on it so you look like MODOK

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I took work off today and hit Costco + Lowes + Aldi

best time to do it

not a single fuckin soul at the Costco gas pumps

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

https://twitter.com/panamafred22/status/1501654780233531399

Inflation isn't real because Biden gave you $1400

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Chamale posted:

Fucker still owes me $600

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

GXL posted:

For reference:

:hmmyes: up to you of course but there is a GBS costco thread

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

Fucker still owes me $600

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

GXL posted:

For reference:

hell yeah

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

cgeq posted:

Hey thread, I know COVID is over, but with the numbers ticking up again in the UK, I just noticed that the hospitalizations indicator is now leading the infections indicator. Is that just because we aren't testing anymore or is it just some other bad reason?

Also, time to get more masks. The rubber bands are all breaking off my december batch of P100s :(

Definitely because there isn’t mass testing going on so there is no real info on community spread.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Chamale posted:

luv 2 spend my stimulus money received a year ago on healthcare that should be free in the first place

https://twitter.com/harryspalding67/status/1501655746408235008?s=20&t=BCiVjyC2C08rk5MiGqq5Sw

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Going forward, you're not gonna know covid is buttfucking your community until it's wayyyyyy too late because home tests are the new testing and no one reports positives from those.

You'll know you need to lock down when the freezer trucks park by the hospital.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

PostNouveau posted:

Going forward, you're not gonna know covid is buttfucking your community until it's wayyyyyy too late because home tests are the new testing and no one reports positives from those.

You’ll find out when someone in your family gets sick, that’ll be the only info you get.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Will we still get poop water updates?

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
The office sent out the now daily report that someone has covid in the office. This time they were in the office for 10 days before reporting it.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Louisgod posted:

don't worry, there's growing hope that the irreversible brain damage is actually reversible, because as we all know it's just a matter of growing more grey matter to reverse it.

Funny that this would only matter if people are avoiding reinfection instead of going all masks off and whatnot.

The world has been so funny lately.

Hilarious really.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Nocturtle posted:

Sorry for the self quote:

Personally think these results look too good to be true, I haven't seen >90% effectiveness quoted for anything COVID-immunity related since the intial mRNA vaccine trials against alpha. But on their face they suggest some real world evidence that maybe BA1 infected people will have at least a few months of relative protection against BA2. One big lesson from the breakthrough infection era is to not rely on your immunity at all.
Thanks. I certainly hope we get at least a few months of relative immunity out of the BA.1 wave. Still, I’ve been concerned about that in general given that one study suggesting that immunity from Omicron is a function of the infection severity. If true, a whole lotta people who got O will have little immunity even to original O.

GXL posted:

For reference:

lol :perfect:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Sitting here in an indoor white-collar office full of unmasked chuds during a global airborne disease outbreak being forced to do some safety department LMS video course on bloodborne pathogens for OSHA. Lmfao

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Thoguh posted:

Will we still get poop water updates?
Might vary a lot by state. My soon-to-be state’s new health leader person (I forget the title) is all-in on monitoring covid shitwater. I imagine places like Florida will make monitoring it (for anything) illegal

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
"...because people can be infected for years without symptoms you should always treat blood and bodily fluids as infectious".

Oh you mean like the air I'm being forced to breathe?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

PostNouveau posted:

For me it's hearing three adults who don't know each other comment about how so many of their friends have died recently

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

PERCENT LEVEL SIZE DIFFERENCES IN BRAINS OVER JUST TWO loving YEARS

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

is that a tower in your pants or are you just happy to see me

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I took work off today and hit Costco + Lowes + Aldi

best time to do it

not a single fuckin soul at the Costco gas pumps

there's an aldi down the street from me and as much as i miss going to it i love that its so cheap that paying the instacart fees and tip still is way cheaper than shopping anywhere else. and even costco frozen is free delivery if you order enough stuff.

even with covid being over, great to still not have to go outside

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Went to the VA for my yearly and the doctor told me all the young guys like me he sees say they aren't vaccinated.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

They should have put the zipper further out, so it could be used for doors opening inwards (like outside apartment doors all do). I got excited for a few seconds there :(

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Pingui posted:

They should have put the zipper further out, so it could be used for doors opening inwards (like outside apartment doors all do). I got excited for a few seconds there :(

Kind of thinking about putting this up in my little vestibule thing. But currently the second litter box is there so I don't think it's a good solution.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I have a goon project

Goons - find me a link to the subvariant testing for each state so I can be more granular than HHS region (because I dont like how they break down the regions at all.)

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1501678712827355149?s=20&t=5iG29rdueWIzIeGdN7wbuw

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Pillowpants posted:

I have a goon project

Goons - find me a link to the subvariant testing for each state so I can be more granular than HHS region (because I dont like how they break down the regions at all.)

doesn't exist; I've looked.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

GXL posted:

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Posting this mostly just because of the illustration

https://twitter.com/kashprime/status/1501576459873304580?s=21

I clicked through and the comments... yeesh. People claiming it's misinformation and that masking is for sheeple and blah blah. The aggression towards being asked to mask is still mind-blowing to me, it's really such a small concession. But it reminds people things aren't normal so...