Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

devicenull posted:

That's a pretty nice boat you've got going on. Plenty of room for cargo.

The halfpipe at this skate park sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Collect S K A T E

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Only registered members can see post attachments!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

:lol:

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

So that's why the plasterers insisted on removing those access doors! They're working for the rebels!

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.

Darkest Auer posted:

So that's why the plasterers insisted on removing those access doors! They're working for the rebels!
Good thing there are a few flaws in the design

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I'm looking forward to the episode where the house brain malfunctions, locking all the doors and windows, and the famously child-averse 99 has to lead a band of precocious schoolkids through the ducts to reboot the system before they run out of air

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
We've seen what it's made of. An asthmatic ant with a pulled pectoral could punch a new air hole in those walls.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

*tesla drives through the wall*

kids: we're saved!

*tesla continues advancing towards kids*

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Right these oak beams have been nothing but hassle and I'm out of funds. Hit 1000 invoices this week!

So I've decided to sell them on ebay.

Just need to get them all packaged up

Guys come back and wants the brick wall too

right all ready to go

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Protecting stuff from the plasterers? I bet they somehow still manage to get plaster on them.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

lol. yeah, you have seen through my ruse.

I think my wall protection will fall almost immediately if it hasnt already blown away. But I'm somewhat confident on the oaks.

I suck at wrapping, so pretty pleased with myself, but then I've only ever really done it pissed up late at night on xmas eve.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The plasterers seem better than the concrete guys, not that it's a high bar, so there is some hope at least.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

yeah its just the making GBS threads really

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Even though facilities were provided including a hut, it’s shocking really.

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

Are you going to ask the plasterers about their making GBS threads situation at some point?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Nova69 posted:

Are you going to ask the plasterers about their making GBS threads situation at some point?

I assume they're incorporating the solids into the plaster mix

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I'm not sure what I would hope to achieve from such a conversation? so probably just sort of leave it

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

I wouldn’t leave it myself, get a dog poo bag

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

lol. Theyve left rather a bigger mess than that. I had to use the digger to remove the three grab bags worth of wasted plaster they'd left out the front. I dread to think what thats worth.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Failed Imagineer posted:

I assume they're incorporating the solids into the plaster mix

Ah, wattle and daub.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
At this point it’s too late to ask about the pooping they’ve marked their territory

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Given the average tradie's diet, that'd vastly improve the structural integrity of the walls.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Starbucks posted:

I wouldn’t leave it myself, get a dog poo bag

I've decided to go with this. Leave some dog poo bag rolls in strategic locations

and laminated up some a4 signs to put up on site

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I've decided to go with this. Leave some dog poo bag rolls in strategic locations

and laminated up some a4 signs to put up on site

What’s the fish for?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

koshmar posted:

What’s the fish for?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Plastermen in the big room

Scratching up my big walls

and long

Still weirdly into their emotional support buckets

then final pinking

getting done on the bifold wall with the undercoat too.

Theyve done it all in a kind of weird order... But who am I to question. other I suppose than the person paying for it all

Like 2/5ths ceiling done. 2 of the walls already finished but one not? Whatever I guess

looks nice

I look at this image and I kind of feel strange like my beautiful Frankenstein wiring system did nothing wrong, it was just reaching out to connect with the world and now, now its been entombed forever in some sort of plaster coffin. stuck forever to provide me with my perverted electronic dreams

Lol its a bit weird though. Like, do the plasterers have favourites? Or does the wiring play mind games with them?

Take for instance this before photo

the kitchen area sockets on one wall. and after

notice a difference? but why?

Eksewhrere they do a surprisingly neat and tidy job. beyond expectations

so all done with the expensive undercoat plaster. weirdly, these leftover bags have been moved next to the front door....

Had to have a word. They can be bought of me. not taken. We'll see how that turns out

Came in this weekend... Wet patch

directly under the chimney

Yeah the whole place is trying to sweat out the moisture from the plastering. Getting stuck in the chimney, condensing and falling back down

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Can you turn on the air to the house temporarily to help or not?

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Airtight :smug:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Can you turn on the air to the house temporarily to help or not?

Yeah.

I did for all the previous rooms. but my power is on an extension lead at the moment so I trailed it in through a skylight window.

But I also went in the loft and manually set the valves for each zone. So I'll have to crawl back up there and reset all that. But yeah youre right I need to do that

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It is a conceptually interesting question - when does it become a house that requires airflow as designed, and stop being a building site?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

well the moisture I'm trying to suck out is building site moisture, so I'm sort of perverting the house ventilation system to do it. But I'm not against it

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
doesn't plaster crack if you dry it out too quickly though?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

probably.

The ventilation system, despite everyones ideas, isnt like a loving high powered vacuum system that can suck the atmosphere out of a room to murder the occupants. annoyingly.

In the previous tooms they did want the windows open to let the moisture escape. But its got kind of colder and wetter in the last couple of weeks...

so...

as usual.

no idea

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The ventilation system, despite everyones ideas, isnt like a loving high powered vacuum system that can suck the atmosphere out of a room to murder the occupants. annoyingly.

Why not?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

plausible deniability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

But with the infinite power of the vacuum at your fingertips, you could just suffocate anyone who comes to investigate too! The bodies won't even stick up the house in the lack of atmosphere.