Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

arisu posted:

How the gently caress do so many of these teens know the production method of soy sauce?

You mean you don't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nihilarian posted:

its hard to play trpgs on the train to work

Somebody's not trying hard enough

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Captain Invictus posted:

new sword dad

lol I can't get over this little bit with him using the float spell while fran is eating lunch

Okay, the float thing was goofy but I should have known this would happen eventually...

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kittens is okay, adult cats no.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SpartanIvy posted:

Anyone else watch Restaurant to Another World? That was a chill and relaxing anime and it made me hungry every episode.

I liked it more than Isekai Nobu, but yeah the way they drew the food was really good.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Clarste posted:

Has there ever been an isekai where their food is better than Japanese food?

Of course not, Japanese food is A1 super best in all of the world!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

About the only one of those I bought was eel in Nobu, because they prepared it in the restaurant in a completely different way than the peasants did (and the way the peasants cooked it sounded legitimately awful as a way of prepping fish).

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

From what I understand the manga skips a lot of parts in the LN so to follow the whole story you'd have to start from volume one.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Venuz Patrol posted:

mangadex translator: both these guys are straight btw

me: oh word????

Somebody's lying

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Galvanik posted:

Did Wrong Way To Use Healing Magic get cancelled or something? It feels like I haven't seen an update in many months.

I thought there was some drama with the scanlators and they pulled it from mangadex. God only knows where you'd find it now.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Girls PV, yeah!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There's a tier of books you can read with your 5 bucks a month. I think it's most of them, just not including premium content.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I couldn't get past the protagonist being a literal baby. It freaked me out.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Thing I like about Princess is that she's not a precocious toddler, aside from her intelligence she's progressing pretty normally for a child her age. I always hate that in baby reincarnater stories where the baby is basically just a very small ten year old.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I recently read this and enjoyed it so a new chapter is a pleasant surprise.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Eponymous posted:

Latest Beware the Villainess is pretty good!

I thought the yuri flags were more coincidence and comedy, but Melissa really is spending a lot of time thinking about how pretty Yu-

...just realized she's actually named Yuri. Well. Still, I think Nine has a decent chance of being part of the equation.

You can do it Nine, I believe in you!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

She seems to barely realize that she's been kidnapped.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nalin posted:

Combatants Will Be Dispatched!
Chapter 25

Number 6's party is once again struggling to come to grips with the evil they have allied with.

Honestly Number 6 doesn't seem that evil, he's just a pervert and an opportunist. It certainly doesn't help that his points system rewards him for doing things like exposing himself, taking lewd pictures, or stealing panties.

I honestly wonder what non-pervert things he could do to earn points, but they'd probably be things that are really evil, like burning down orphanages or committing war crimes.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nalin posted:

Yet, weirdly, "Peerless Dad" is one of the best comics I'm following right now.

I think the Dad part cancels out the Peerless part. Dad comics tend to be innately wholesome.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah monthly manga are hard to follow. They update so slow that by the time the next chapter is out you've forgotten what the previous one was about.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Everything Burrito posted:

it's not on mangadex yet but the last two chapters of The Wolf Won't Sleep went up. Bummer that that's all there is of it. Guess I'll keep suggesting the LN on Seven Seas' survey, they've got a whole imprint just for novels now so maybe there's a shot.

Depending on the translation I'd be interested in reading the LN.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sheesh, there's just no luck for this guy. Guess I'm going to memory hole that series.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There's more?

Give me all the cat isekai.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah those sound lame. I guess I'll stick to this cat isekai.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah as scummy as the unlock chapter model is, you've got to support official releases or nobody will translate series.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

doomrider7 posted:

What was that one isekai where a brother gets isekai'd into the buggy janky game after his sister breaks him over the head with a daruma.

That one is fun because the game is so very janky so his cheat skill is just knowing all the jank and how to exploit it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

pnumoman posted:

Holy poo poo, if you've only watched the Fox butchered Escaflowne you really owe it to yourself to watch the real thing. It absolutely holds up and really shows how poo poo modern isekai is.

they even redid the horrible butchered 90s dub so you have no excuse

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

doomrider7 posted:

Seeing some of the stuff that's come out these last few years including the current running "Grandfather" of isekai...I've got nothing. Where did the genre go wrong?

When it stopped being about female main characters, obviously.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

AtomikKrab posted:

I would buy but only as long as Sangar and Elzam make guest appearances in full Victorian garb including corsets.

Sangar could probably be talked into wearing a corset because it holds your organs in place.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's Seven Seas so anywhere books are sold. I'd go with Amazon.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This sounds cozy as hell, has anybody read it?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Vorpal Cat posted:

As much as I love reading all these villainess isekai, I can't help but find it amusing that so many middle aged OLs just so happened to have been reading a trashy romance novel set in a generic European fantasy setting right before they died. It's just such an incredibly specific yet somehow incredibly common cliché for the subgenre to have.

What you don't think middle aged OLs read trashy romance novels set in a generic European fantasy setting? Because in my experience that's all they read.

Okay, that was sarcasm, but I do encounter a lot of trashy romance novels.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

He was "redeemed" by them saying he was manipulated into going to the Americas by time travelers from an even worse future somehow where the New World was allowed to develop independently for longer. I can't imagine how that worked out but then I'm not OSC.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah you take rod iron and hammer and mill the poo poo out of it until it's swords shaped right?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nemo2342 posted:

Those are precisely the 3 channels I've been watching while working from home, though there does tend to be a fair amount of overlap due to there being so few cookbooks from those times.

I can suspend a little disbelief, but if the focus of the work is on how they changed the world through food I'm expecting them to know at least a little about what they're talking about.

That's why I like this one isekai whose name currently escapes me. The MC isn't changing the world through food but she is introducing new cooking methods and ingredients because the ingredients in question didn't exist until recently so they're actually new to the people and they don't know how to use them yet.

Edit: It's I Opened a Café in Another World

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Aug 23, 2021

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I like in 80,000 gold coins she gives up on sushi and just sells canned and frozen fish, which is significantly more world changing for an inland kingdom.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Actually what I would like to see is an isekai protagonist who knows nothing but is conveniently helped out by a handbook that coincidentally has a few holes in its knowledge base. So that way they have to invent their way around certain problems using local help instead of just being a bossy know it all like Myne.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

What's wrong with the Lord of Darkness? He's got good stats and can take over the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah it ran for 30 chapters and I'm disappointed it had to end.