Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
The US produces world class idiots. Top notch fare ready to compete for the #1 spot year after year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
As an American I look down on people that eat chick-fil-A

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Don't listen to these pussies, you should sign up to be a marine and go infantry! The military is better the second time around, just ask that one guy who did it twice.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
JOs on submarines are about as miserable as anyone can be on a submarine, which is to say extremely.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Stravag posted:

Well it sounds like it implies we're gonna have another ww1 and 2 so there can be a "great ww2" and a lovely one in the next 30 years. Taking bets on which is which

The Great World Wars are man vs the planet. We are currently losing the opening foray, but we'll definitely kill this bitch eventually.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Yeah I learned to not be a judgmental dick all the time

Lol

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Guess she wasn't a siege tactics mastermind, what being an airperson and all

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Icon Of Sin posted:

:stonklol:

Cameraman has to be fried. Shooter probably wishes he was, every single thing that once allowed him to hear the outside world has to be completely shattered.

I was thinking this had to be faked, right? No range would let some idiot bring in an RPG? Or maybe it was an inert training round?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
My sick Tribes chaingun + MA disc skills would translate to dozens of confirmed paratrooper kills

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Hakunna Matata!

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Ugh, sounds like maybe there was karmic involvement

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

CainFortea posted:

I was kinda hoping that Judge would finish up and be like "Hey defender, for your edification asking someone what they said isn't heresay. They did the thing."

That's not how that works

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
A grieving mother lashing out about her son being killed on a diplomatic assignment? What the gently caress else would she do? The people who are putting her in front of the cameras are also the ones telling her that her grief and anger are warranted - that she was wronged and that if she wants the people responsible to be taken to task she needs to speak out.

That the right wing media has continually pumped and revisited her grief doesn't make it any less legitimate or sad. It makes all those pundits and producers scum fucks for taking advantage of someone's loss for their own purposes

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 4, 2021

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Mr. Nice! posted:

They got better vaccination rates with the anthrax vaccine.

loving give them all the shot and adsep anyone who refuses jesus loving christ.

After what happened with the Anthrax vaccine and the lives it destroyed, this seems like a strange position to adopt

Edit: doh, that was a fraud?

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 10, 2021

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Is there something about Naval mines where they couldn't just plant explosives on it and do a controlled detonation? We're they just trying to do things as cheaply as possible?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Hot rock hurt you

Hot rock bad

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 13, 2021

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Wasabi the J posted:

Absolute king.

that chick is gonna go away for a long time, and deservedly so.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Wingnut Ninja posted:

We just draw dicks in the sky, man.

e: there was a guy on a nuclear missile sub who took pictures of secure areas with his cell phone a few years ago, so I suppose there's that.

Didn't he get pardoned or something?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Found out I don't have any health or dental insurance because I failed to opt-in during the first month of my employment. No one told me and I never asked so I guess im just thankful that I never got sick during the pandemic

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Pretty sure that’s illegal to not give you the option or require some sort of action to opt out but lol at fighting it :capitalism:

It's getting fixed next month but it.was definitely a stupid oversight on my part. Shouldn't have made.any assumptions about my benefits.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

GotLag posted:

A quarter of the entire pack is 270 mg, so not that much more than an espresso shot.

Most energy drinks have 180mgish in them. It's tough to die from consuming too much caffeine, but it can get pretty unpleasant pretty quickly. You should be fine though, TCA

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

QCS seems to be the very most extremely online CSPAM posters screaming for bans at the last neocons/neolibs at the site, FYAD posters trolling, and maybe 10% of the rest are people actually there in order to put in their two cents who are also getting screamed at by the worst exiles from CSPAM, this week was a fascinating learn for me on QCS since I don’t think I ever posted there before.

Actual CSPAM threads with one or two exceptions are like 1000% more chill and sane.

Yeah it's pretty swell - people earnestly posting their delusional "fixes" for this forum. I think it works pretty well as a containment zone

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Was it here that someone posted some story about an idiot implanting some sub-dermal flash drive that got insanely infected and almost cost them their arm?

Edit: lol just read the plan to not need an MRI! Problem solved!

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 10, 2021

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Just got the game this week and I can't stop wondering in this future why EVERYONE chooses to be a cyborg instead of just have regular eyeballs or whatever given how easy (realistic!) it is to gently caress with cyberware remotely.

Yeah the story is missing that fortnight 2077 requires cyberware to play

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Anyone spending any amount of time trying to decipher that exchange is simultaneously the idiot and the person getting owned

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Undes means you're the ships whipping boy until you find a divisional home. It's probably better than being a nuke, but you're doing grunt work all day when it's needed.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Dip keeps you sharp and turns you into a sexual tyrannosaurus

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

jesus loving christ nerds this whole thing started because some idiot doesn't understand that lighting a cigarette on a FOB is not the same thing as being in a place where light discipline is something that truly loving matters. Yes, you can spot people smoking in the pitch black. A FOB is not exactly a ship at sea in WW2 or the trenches of the western front.

How do you know???

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Lets not apply the failings of the United States to all humanity.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Crab Dad posted:

Had a guy uh “fall in love” with a local girl at Cory Station. She was like 6 months pregnant with another mans (in prison for armed robbery) kid. He couldn’t bear to go to his first duty station so he intentionally failed a piss test by smoking weed on the quarter deck.

I wonder how it worked out

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Casimir Radon posted:

I’m guessing CIA isn’t Central Intelligence Agency in a his case, and probably Culinary Institute of America.

Thats what they want you to think :cool:

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Lol Im wearing an upside down flag shirt because the DoD wants me to get a shot. What a weenie.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Gorilla Radio posted:

Tied into the current discussion, I'm currently on a staff duty with a dude who's spouting the most insane bullshit.

What is it about these guys that they can claim "think for yourself, do your own research" and then turn around and believe the wildest, most made up nonsense off QAnon?

uh they're loving morons? That's obvious.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm not really clear. Is this a criminal investigation? Is it normal for this much info to be released?

No its not normal but this sounds like a very strange case with a ton of red flags that should have been attended to prior to the accidental / negligent death

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I guess what I'm getting at is is there a danger of any potential jury being prejudiced as a result of the amount of info out there

I wouldn't be surprised if some or all of these leaks are intended to do just that - generate a narrative that protects important parties by assigning blame to someone expendable

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

boop the snoot posted:

Please verify the status of every weapon you pick up, even if Jesus Christ himself walked on water to hand it to you and told you that he and the Virgin Mary made sure it was cleared.

Otherwise, guess what might happen?

E: this is especially important if you’re the one who is going to be pulling the trigger.

Actors get handed dull swords, prop knives, and big bombs with wires and digital clock faces on them. Its bizarre that they are handed actual firearms to perform with and I think that practice has to be changed, rarher than expecting all actors to know wtf they are doing qhnet handling firearms.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

MrYenko posted:

:hmmyes:

In addition, even if you take the stance that Baldwin isn’t knowledgeable enough to be trained to safety check a firearm that’s in his hands, then he still violated all four rules of firearms by pointing the loving thing at his DP and Director and pulling the trigger. The Swiss cheese model of this event is more hole than cheese.

Hes an actor rehearing a role - those rulea dont apply in Hollywood productions

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

madeintaipei posted:

The regressive theocratic extremist state can do this. Have done this.

Watch them offer free, high quality medical treatment to all Afghan War veterans next, US and Europe included.

Meanwhile, in the USA...

There are a lot of metrics by which the United States does not compare favorably to the Taliban. # of successful genocides springs to mind...

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Phanatic posted:

It is possible to film such a shot without placing a human being in the line of fire.

And again, in this case the camera was not even rolling.

Sure there is, but that would cost marginally more than having them looking through the viewfinder. There are lots of people to blame for what happened, but ultimately Mr. Baldwin is comparatively pretty low on the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Phanatic posted:

Ultimately Mr. Baldwin is the person who pulled the trigger. He is at the very top of the list. There isn't any room further up the list.

If this was anywhere other than a Hollywood set I would agree.