Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
It was at that moment he knew he hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
What's with the civilians being in the colony? I thought Kenjaku led non-participants out of the game?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I'm pretty sure I've seen this premise in a recent show I've watched. They called it a Jan Quadrant Vincent 16.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Charles seems outclassed here. I hope he doesn't get taken out here but also it will feel contrived if Hakari is beaten by a fledgling curse user. Maybe circumstances will force them to ally against someone else in the coming chapters? I want to see where things go with this delusional gaijin manga otaku.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
This isn't pachinko. But I feel it simulates the sensory assault of a whole parlor very well. Incidentally this is my domain and it just makes people's heads explode scanners style.

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256837979/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1623335377

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Man, I wonder what bullshit a really smart contract lawyer could get up to with vows in JJK.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Imagine having a DE that fills your opponents's mind with so much garbage that they are reduced to just mumbling "Halloween" :v:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

skipmyseashells posted:

every time maki shows up the manga gets worse for it and this caterpie-metapod evolution fight is almost offensive

No, more Maki!

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
The only thing that matters is that he can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

skipmyseashells posted:

I feel like there’s bigger implications with time slowing down in a vowless domain but gege probably won’t touch on it again for another 16 months

It's the hyberbolic time chamber, but you're only allowed to do sumo.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
*Hyberbolic Sumo Circle

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I was hearing shinji instead of yuta the whole film and it'll be weird hearing him again as a grizzled veteran sorcerer in later cours.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Brought To You By posted:

Of loving course big energy wants to turn humans into batteries and now, you know. Cursed spirits themselves. That would be far too humane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J_90bzDtoU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I hope the explanation for why japan is the homeland of curses isn't some weird racial exceptionalism thing but founded on a good historical basis. We know there's foreign sorcerers, but they seem to be an extremely rare exception to the norm. It's not like Japanese society isn't the only place on earth with stressed out people.

edit:I forgot that the Ainu jujutsu society exists in parallel to Japanese jujutsu society so maybe it's a geographical thing.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 8, 2022

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Manatee Cannon posted:

any time a manga starts bringing us politicians into the story I completely check out and this is no exception

Kenjaku and Sukuna discussing how cursed old men are the future in a secret base under some Asian City.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

RatHat posted:

Nah Gege said in an interview that Geto is gone. The part where his body acted on its own was the last remnants remaining

Yeah, I'd think an ancient body snatcher has that kind of thing on lock.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Time for Yuji to troll Sukuna by finding and eating the remaining fingers first.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 3, 2023

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
*Dangerfieldishly* Hey Gege, could you put my wife in your manga?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
*a better barrier
**an even better barrier

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Just in time for Sukuna to show off his maximum technique that dices every female character in a 100km radius.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Sukuna also seems to have an understanding of curses that nobody else in the manga claims.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Sure, he's arguably the most talented sorcerer ever, but we'll all be crapping ourselves when he busts out the Blessed energy techniques on Gojo.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

grieving for Gandalf posted:

jjk's is a world where you can be gifted with magic powers that are only more powerful if you actively have disdain for other people because they run on the energy from negative emotions. sukuna is the most gifted of a bygone era where sorcerers constantly fought each other and he loves hurting people

I would say it's more about how maladjusted you are. Takaba doesn't seem to have any malice and is just plain nutty.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Kenjaku could always swoop in to hoover up a weakened Sukuna for the ultimate cursed spirit manipulation get.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I'm even more convinced Kenjaku is gonna swoop in and absorb Sukuna now that he's temporarily depowered. Also it would be a possible way for megumi to get out of this mess alive

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

cgfreak posted:

Could he even do that? Sukuna is not actually a curse or a vengeful spiritor whatever, right?

Assuming he used CSM to take control of Tengen I'm assuming he can do it to Sukuna

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
So they're not talking about black flash when they're mentioning critical hits? I hope not. I'd like to see Yuji's apparent adeptness with black flash to be a secret weapon against Sukuna/Kenjaku's utter mastery of curses. Just blow through them with grit and luck.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Tosk posted:

There is an unofficial translation out link and from what I'm seeing he used Blue to merc Agito, we'll probably see Purple next chapter. Looking pretty bleak though, "Sukuna holding back is our best shot at victory!" from the peanut gallery is a dire flag in a shonen manga if I've ever read one, but maybe Gege will try to upset what other manga have conditioned us to expect

Gojo unintentionally making GBS threads on Yuki's Black Hole technique with Maximum Blue Lapse, lol

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Shinjobi posted:

Just to clarify

Does Sukuna classify as a curse now? I just wonder if he's at risk of getting eaten if he loses his body.

I doubt that's the path ahead but I'm really surprised we haven't had any interference yet

He's not reaaally a curse, but he blurs the lines so much that I would consider him as such. In his original life he transcended his humanity to become a being of pure malevolence like some curses are. Gege uses fairly vague language around what he calls sukuna, he's never outright called him a cursed spirit, but he hasn't outright stated what he really is at this point. It's good enough for me to say yeah, he's vulnerable to CSM. I mean, Kenjaku's got Tengen on a string now and the manga really likes flirting with the idea of Tengen becoming some sort of cursed entity if she were to evolve/transcend. I'd like to think CSM is being used in some capacity to control Tengen.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Pootybutt posted:

Does Kenjaku not still have Mahito pokeballed away somewhere or is he fully out of the picture?

I believe he expended his spirit to extract idle transformation for that single use. Uzumaki burns through whatever spirits are used in it. As for commanding Mahito's spirit to do it for him comes down to whether Mahito had the skill to pull it off. Only Kenjaku using idle transformation directly with his own status as the second best barrier user would get the result he wanted.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 7, 2023

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Sukuna actually created more fingers and has them in his pocket ready to eat like a senzu bean. He's been operating at half capacity this fight :v:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
We're all sleeping on Rabbit Escape getting fully buffed by the destruction of all the other shikigami. Now it's Vorpal Rabbit Evisceration.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I'm ready for Sukuna to no sell and kill everyone in short order at the rate this is going.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Well I guess Gege can go for a double and have Kashimo vaporize Megumikuna

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

honestly, I liked it after reading. I'm also not entirely convinced he's dead and not just on deaths door, considering his head is wholey intact and Sukanu looks like he wouldnt/wont/will be to preoccupied to go for a capstone killing blow. But yeah I do think this ends the fight and Gojo will be out of commission for quite awhile

maybe he's getting the afterlife chat like kakashi did

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don't think Sukuna's space cutting blade actually changes much. Sukuna is for sure far weaker than he was at the start of the fight. He lost both Mahoraga and his Domain.

sukuna will apply rct to heal 10 shadows.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

a.lo posted:

still think it's funny they did the work to unseal him and dies

i hope he has some post-mortem trickery going on.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

RC Cola posted:

So, Itadori is going to end up eating Sukuna's finger and other Sukuna will gives us a weak point or something to exploit right?

Maybe with whatever new spirit tech he has he can just yank sukuna out of megumi back into his body.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Flair posted:

Some people still think Gojo and/or Kashimo are still alive, so probably not

Grandpa Itadori is set to make his comeback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Gojo?