Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
I got my Pfizer shot in late April through a PEI Public Health clinic and have yet to be contacted by PEI Public Health for a second shot. Meanwhile, pharmacies are now giving Moderna shots and immediately booking 2nd shot appointments for about 5 weeks out. It's very likely that people getting their first Moderna shot today will have their second shot before I get mine.

I'm not going to complain too much because at my age the 1st shot is very effective and PEI isn't due to open up for another three weeks, but I do wish that PEI would move ahead with booking 2nd shots so we can stop wondering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Facebook Aunt posted:

What is going on with the price of hay bales? One guy is selling for $4, the other guy wants $50?

The cheap ones are square bales, which are about 50 lbs each, and the expensive ones are those big rear end round bales the size of a Smart Car and weigh about 1000 lbs.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

PEI approval rate is around 83% according to other polls.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Small sample size, but it's PEI.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/pei-poll-king-quaterly-june-2021-1.6053530

quote:

Satisfaction with the performance of P.E.I. Premier Dennis King and the PC government took a slight dip but remains high, according to the latest quarterly poll by Narrative Research released Wednesday.

Over eight in 10 Islanders, about 86 per cent, are satisfied with the performance of the provincial government, down from 90 per cent in February.

"These high satisfaction levels are undoubtedly linked to the public's strong support for the King government's handling of the pandemic," said Margaret Brigley, Narrative Research's CEO in a news release.

"In the coming months, satisfaction levels will reflect how the government manages the province's economic recovery plan."

Intentions of decided voters remain similar to what they were three months ago. The poll shows the PCs maintain the lead in support at 53 per cent, followed by the Greens at 23 per cent, the Liberal Party at nine per cent and the NDP at four per cent.

Narrative Research said the overall margin of error for decided votes is within five percentage points, based on a sample size of 384.

The poll shows overall 26 per cent of Island respondents are undecided in who they would vote for if an election was held today.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

infernal machines posted:

Sorry, it was a joke about PEI being excluded from the list of provinces. "Where?" referring to PEI itself

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Rust Martialis posted:

at hospital lost arb

Good thing. All those fingats had mice on them.

I got Pfizer #2 on Friday. No mixed vaccines here. All you mixed-vacs are 2nd class citizens. Purevacs are God's chosen and will inherit the Earth.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

ChickenDoodle posted:

^^^ Have you checked Peggy’s Cove? That seems to be popular with missing government officials.

With luck they went for a stroll on the black rocks.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Trapick posted:

Have the Liberals done *anything* about abortion? Still no clinics in the North, PEI, Nova Scotia, Sask, right? T

As of 2017, PEI has access to medical/surgical abortions at one hospital and can also refer to Moncton and Halifax hospitals if needed.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

ZShakespeare posted:

So will we be in the #diefenbunker Monday night? I promise to behave myself.

I think Discord is the standard now for election night drinking channels.

The USPOL Discord has made a thread for us. It's under #worldpol

https://discord.gg/3K9cg27

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

PEI has them as well, but only for parents who are more than an hour from a testing site.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Randalor posted:

He's probably dumb enough to think that all vodka comes from Russia, and not just one particular brand in the liquor marts.

Please buy vodka made with PEI potatoes. We're in the process of renaming it to "Freedom Juice".

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
Did he deal drugs in high school? If not then I question his qualifications.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
Today I submitted an ATIP request for my grandfather's military records from WWII. I know he served in France and the Netherlands, and I want to go on a trip and visit some places where he was. I just received this response:

"Due to the large number of inquiries received, we are currently responding to requests we received in November 2018. We appreciate your understanding in regards to this situation."

LOL. Well, gently caress me then.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Indolent Bastard posted:

Which agency did you contact and under what legislation was the ATIP made?

An informal request to Library and Archives Canada. Reading it again, it looks like a formal request may be quicker, but the email from them doesn't make it seem that way. I should email them and see if a formal ATIP request has the same delay.

Please be advised that LAC ATIP is operating at limited capacity and is prioritizing urgent requests.

Due to the high volume of urgent requests we have received, priority service will be given to requests where documentation is required for medical or employment purposes, bursaries, benefits and services, which clearly demonstrate an urgency or deadline.

Canuckistan fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Sep 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Whiskey_Dick posted:

Sounds like a lovely city. Toronto?

Mos Eisley