Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Silver2195 posted:

I assume Arlong is in a prison in East Blue; I don’t think he was considered important enough for Impel Down.

Buggy did go to Impel Down with a lower bounty than Arlong’s, but he was already in Paradise when he was captured, and it was specifically stated that the other prisoners on his level all had higher bounties than him; I don’t think they bother transferring prisoners from the Blues to Impel Down unless they’re very important.

Arlong is in a dungeon for the rest of his life just like Belle-mere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:tviv: :tviv: :tviv: :tviv: :tviv:

We need an ADTRW :tviv: emote that's just OH HOLKY gently caress coming out of a volume of One Piece

e: or maybe :bignews: flies out of a manga

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

ChaseSP posted:

Can't believe sabo is fuckin dead.

Yeah this uhhhh isn't lookin' too good for our boy. Maybe he could survive the onslaught by turning into fire, but yeah. Yikes.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

skipmyseashells posted:

going to OP opening nights is fun cause you see everything from old to young people all cheering for luffy

I'm really looking forward to the NA release in early November.

I've managed to stay spoiler-free, except for one detail, and that's because Google Discover re-enabled itself on my phone and thought I'd like to read an article with the spoiler right in the headline.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:bignews:

I love being able to read One Piece twice every week, once on Thursday/Friday and then again on Sunday.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Scholtz posted:

Yeah, about that...

EVERY. WEEK.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

One Piece rules.

No Wave posted:

This man loves drawing breasts!

Titties rule.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Smoker rules, reread Punk Hazard and really appreciated this moment he had with Luffy.

Minor thing I totally forgot about - Luffy said he ran so fast he lit the ground on fire. Then Oda eventually did a callback with Gear 5 Luffy revving up and running on air, lighting it on fire. :allears:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Chapter rules.

Oda is getting his "I want to do a giant robot manga" rocks off in One Piece, and I love it. :allears:

Luffy and Bonney bonding over food is awesome and it was really just a matter of time before it happened.

I'm going with the current theory that the WG got what they wanted out of Vegapunk, he's "outlived his usefulness" and they want him gone.

Now here's my theory: Vegapunk didn't completely "kill" Kuma. He backed up or saved Kuma's consciousness somehow, then installed it into the Kuma seraphim. That's why the seraphim is a "problem child". They're taking him to Vegapunk for "maintenance" before they kill him and all his body doubles.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:bignews: :five:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Amante posted:

...is that Gan Fall's horse's fruit? Oh dear...

RIP Pierre :ohdear:

Also, he was a bird who ate the Pegasus fruit. But yeah. F's in the chat.

Funky Valentine posted:

Did people not know by now that Haki lets you punch Logias.

That's been a thing forever, but I feel like this is the first time we've seen someone reverse the effects of a devil fruit's abilities on them just by flexing their haki.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 14, 2022

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Im pretty sure Pierre just had a regular horse fruit.

Ohh, you're right, he looked like a pegasus because he was a bird with the regular Horse-Horse Fruit. Phew!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Vermain posted:

doc q's fruit is extremely important to the storyline going forwards, as it will guarantee that chopper has something to do during a fight again besides "turn into Large Chopper and punch someone"

He's going to turn into Large Chopper and punch a disease into remission

Scholtz posted:

"In order to accurately portray the ridiculous/'out-of-this-world' nature of Gear 5, Luffy will be portrayed by a live-action actor for these scenes. Today, we are happy to announce our choice for the actor who will take on this role."

"Laugh Tale, here we come!"

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Surprisingly, quote is still not edit.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I just bought a ticket to see Film Red on the 4th in IMAX. My seat number is G8. :getin:

I have to find my Soul King Brook shirt I got from Uniqlo years ago.

Also, chapter rules

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Jose posted:

What would the jacket fruit awakening look like

Turns other people into clothing.

Hey, wait a minute...

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Film Red

Fuckin' ruled. The music is a bop, no surprise there since Ado is just going ham. Was especially cool to hear New Genesis blasting the gently caress out of those IMAX speakers. Lots of fun moments throughout.

Bepo the Superfan :allears:

Gear 5 cameo at the end of the final fight, what the gently caress???? :tviv:

I couldn't help smiling at all the character callbacks during the credits.

Chapter

EXCUSE ME ARE WE GETTING loving VOID CENTURY LORE DUMPS WHAT WHAAATTTT

I might be overdosing on Cool One Piece poo poo this week.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oh, one little detail I noticed in Film Red, as it vaguely relates to the current manga arc: The video streaming snails Uta found washed up on the beach were labeled "SSG." More lost/discarded Vegapunk tech!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Chap

So is Señor Pink dead?

it's probably just a copy of the fruit's power.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 4, 2022

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

hatty posted:

I’m taking off early tomorrow and am going to an imax in the afternoon, I never see anime movies in theaters but this one being music focused I think would benefit from the big screen and speakers

It absolutely is. All those tunes blasting through IMAX speakers is :krad:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

At least we know Bellemere is still alive. She's just locked away in Arlong's dungeons. Hopefully they save her at some point.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

Heres a new pet peeve: One Piece videos that are a theory video but they have something like "Dont click if you dont want to be spoiled!" in the title

And all of them have a fanart thumbnail of said wacky theory.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oh man, I get to read the new chapter three times this week? :hellyeah:

I want to see Lucci get absolutely clowned on just to show how far Luffy has come.

Also, Stussy conveniently warning Kaku about the hazards well after the fact is a great character trait. :allears:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Amazing chapter

Oda is really bringing his all to bear with Egghead. I feel like this arc has gone on for a year already and we've only been here, like, a month or two? There's so much happening and it doesn't feel hard to follow and the pacing is great. Honestly, if he keeps this up until the very end, I'll be incredibly happy.

Begemot posted:

The moment when war was inevitable :allears:

Yeah, Rob Lucci really hosed up this time. No mercy.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

rannum posted:

since the dawn of time, man has always had one goal: To Post

You want my shitposts? You can have them! I gathered everything together in one thread... Now you just have to report them!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Eiba posted:

I know Luffy knocked out Lucci just now, but it seemed to use up the last of Luffy's power. Presumably the waves of mooks plus Kaku and Stussy could give Lucci enough time to catch his breath. I don't think a conclusive battle against an awakened Zoan is something you can just bang out lickety split.

And more to the point, they don't know what's coming, or what's already on the island. Taking more time "finishing" Lucci is more time spent on Egghead, an island the Government is actively attacking. The best tactical move is to just not be there, and that's what they prioritized.

Doesn't seem like he ran out of power so much as he has to deal with a rebound from using Gear 5, much like his old Gear 3 Chibi Luffy. So he clowned on Lucci for a good few minutes there and then went Wrinkly Old Man for a minute while they were riding the rocket, and once they arrived he was immediately back to normal, up and about.

This is also the first time we've seen him use Gear 5 with a full tank. Like some people pointed out, maybe the Old Man Mode only happens because Luffy thinks it has to happen, because it happened during his fight with Kaido where he was running on fumes.

tl;dr Gear 5 good

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I didn't expect the "low quality" scan to look this good!

Kuma looks like he's about ready to pull a Fisher Tiger and climb the Red Line.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

holy gently caress this chapter :tviv:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Also I love how everyone predicted an info dump upon meeting Vegapunk but we’re actually more confused now

Oh, we got info all right, but then Oda (being Oda) ended up tantalizing us with even more loving mysteries.

It rules.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm so glad we don't have a break next week. Every chapter has been a banger for a long time.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Kilimangyro, another top tier One Piece pun.

:hai:

I had a thought, too - imagine if it was "Kill-a-man Gyro."

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

'kirin' means giraffe in Japanese, so the attack name is basically "giraffe man gyro"

drat, for being a throwaway shonen attack name, it's got layers of wordplay. Oda does it again.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Violen posted:

we're gonna reach laugh tale and robin's gonna piece together the true history off-panel then ask luffy if hes interested and luffy will say no

I hope Robin laughs when she learns the true history.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I will read these, but only because it's been a long break and I need my fix. Now I can read One Piece three times this weekend!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Delphisage posted:

Raws are out for the new chapter. No break next week.

Maybe we could experiment with not posting the speedscans this week and wait for TCB?

I'm personally okay with how the thread's been going:

- don't discuss the raws/spoilers at all outside of "they are online now" and whether or not there's a break next week
- spoiler discussion starts with the lovely speedscans and better scanlations
- all bets are off once the official chapter is up

As long as people are being good with spoilers, the mass of black bars really doesn't bother me. But that's just me!

Infinitum posted:

Mate I was watching Hong Kong subs on DVD box sets I bought on the cheap in Chinatown

Y'all best believe I'm reading speed subs using machine translations

Roof Piece is canon, Oda does it again.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 15, 2023

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Spoilers: good chapter

Jerusalem posted:

That final panel of Luffy and Zoro being utterly revolted at the thought of teaming up with Lucci and Kaku :allears:

:emptyquote:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Lord_Magmar posted:

My rankings for Vegapunk are as follows.

1. Vegapunk
2. Vegapunk
3. Vegapunk
4. Vegapunk
5. Vegapunk
6. Vegapunk
7. Vegapunk

Your opinion is stupid, Vegapunk is clearly #1. Vegapunk sucks!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

Great art, but man those Twitter replies.

This is correct for most art posts on Twitter. Never read the comments! :thumbsup:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Yo, a surprise kind-of-okay early speed scan? Let's gooo.

Oh gently caress, Blackbeard???

Makes sense that Shanks can use advanced Kenbunshoku, then realizes Kid is not loving around and immediately neutralizes him. He cares about his crew and his allies.

Then the follow-up combo attack from Dorry and Broggy, holy poo poo! :eyepop:

BREAK??? NOOOOO

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:five:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Chopper giving Queen the biggest bitchslap in Monster Point and yelling "I'M NOT A RACCOON" (and having the entire room react and apologize) was just :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Sefal posted:

The crew will probably fight the red hair pirates at some point ala Roger and Whitebeard. But i’m gonna guess each crew has the others missing poneglyph. So they’ll hold a davy back fight to get them.

I would love to see something like this after Egghead. A fun breather before the final push into the climax and an opportunity to showcase Shanks' crew and relationship with Luffy.