Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Okay now THIS is the thread where we find out about Big Hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Man endgame One Piece is going to rule because it's all these players we've known for decades finally moving their pieces.

I cannot believe anything about Buggy just imagining his East Blue rear end self sends me rolling.

Also, bounties! Finally!

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Bleck posted:

Probably worth noting that, other than Luffy, Robin has the largest bounty increase in the crew.

If the bounties system worked with any logic Robin would have the largest bounty of the entire crew by far save MAYBE Luffy and it is bullshit she doesn't

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

funny to think that mr. 1 is probably the third strongest guy in the crew of an emperor.

actually, its also funny to realize that the reason buggy's specifically afraid of crocodile is because mihawk and mr. 1 couldnt do jack to him

I've heard this expressed before and never got it because all Mihawk has to do is rotate his sword grip like 90 degrees to use the broad side, or Mr. 1 just has to fist him raw. Not like Buggy is especially hardy.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Apoo can't really do much to someone with no ears.

Brook's been deaf this whole time because obviously he is but he understands everyone perfectly because he's excellent at lip reading

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Can Of Worms posted:

Saw this amazing reddit comment about the new chapter and had to share it with you all:

jesus

Julias posted:

Also now that we have official confirmation of the new bounties it's time to bring this back up:

Typing it up now! Glad that Zoro's bounty discrepancy doesn't actually matter as the winner is still the same.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

RuBisCO posted:

:siren::siren::siren:CONTEST ALERT:siren::siren::siren:

Well! We made it! Lumps and all, Wano has finally ended and the official bounties have been revealed. Let's go through each of the Straw Hats!

Kild gets this point with a guess of 2,956,888,000 Berries, for a difference of 43,112,000

(or 1,100,001,100, not sure, but doesn't make a difference. Going with the official numbers!) 1,111,000,000 it is!
CodfishCartographer gets the point with a guess of 1,000,000,100 Berries, for a difference of 110,999,900
Of note, both The World Inferno and Raspberry Bang with their guesses of 1,000,000,000 lost the tie by just 100 Berries!

Julias and Silver2195 tie with guesses of 400,000,000 Berries, for a difference of 34,000,000

CodfishCartographer and Coaaab tie with perfect guesses of 500,000,000 Berries!

The World Inferno, CodfishCartographer, and Raspberry Bang all tie with guesses of 1,000,000,000 Berries, for a difference of 32,000,000

Fecha, Waffleman_, CodfishCartographer, and Gyges all nailed it with guesses of 1,000 Berries!

Gyges gets the point with a guess of 900,000,000 Berries, for a difference of 30,000,000

Kild gets the point with a guess of 368,100,000 Berries, for a difference of 25,900,000

Coaaab gets the point with a perfect guess of 383,000,000! Berry good

Fecha gets the point with a guess of 1,200,000,000 Berries, for a difference of 100,000,000

The official total bounty of the Straw Hat Pirates: a whopping 8,816,001,000 Berries!
Raspberry Bang's sum total gets the closest, with a culmulative total of 8,803,000,075 Berries for a difference of just 13,000,925!

Yamato? who's that

The final scorecard is!

Julias with 1 point (Nami)
Silver2195 with 1 point (Nami)
The World Inferno with 1 point (Sanji)
Waffleman_ with 1 point (Chopper)
Raspberry Bang with 2 point (Sanji, Straw Hat Total)
Fecha with 2 points (Chopper, Jimbei)
Coaaab with 2 points (Usopp, Brook)
Gyges with 2 points (Chopper, Robin)
Kild with 2 points (Luffy, Franky)
:siren:CodfishCartographer with 4 points:siren: (Zoro, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper)

Congratulations CodfishCartographer! Please PM me your charity of choice and I will process it later today!

RuBisCO fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 28, 2022

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Here's the data in case I get audited or whatever. Though I did this in kind of a rush so no excuses from me.

(I realized I didn't accomodate the formatting in case of ties. I figured out how to do so in a later spreadsheet but I was too lazy to go back and fix this one.)

Fun fact, my own guesses were:

RuBisCO posted:

good luck guessing chopper's

I won't be participating myself but here are my guesses for fun:

Luffy: 3,000,000,000
Zoro: 1,520,000,000
Nami: 366,000,000
Usopp: 500,000,000
Sanji: 1,330,000,000
Chopper: 1,000,000
Robin: 666,000,000
Franky: 840,000,000
Brook: 730,000,000
Jinbe: 1,080,000,000
Yamato: 1,210,000,000

Still wondering if something weird may happen with Yams but we'll see!

I would have nailed Luffy, Nami, and Usopp (exactly) and gotten the closest for Jimbe, which would have meant I tied for winner :v:

RuBisCO fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Aug 28, 2022

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Posting receipts!

Thank you everyone for playing! Congratulations to Codfish again. Maybe I'll do this again if the opportunity presents itself before the series ends, who knows.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I just realized we still haven't gotten the Jinbe toast

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I wish it was Marine if nothing else but because Mihawk being called "Naval Hunter" makes me think he's got a fetish

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

holy poo poo why would anyone look at the accursed Death Note All-in-One edition and think "we can top that"

alternatively: owns

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Man I like, appreciate the details and all, but at this point the little scene with Yamato didn't give us any more information we didn't already assume and it only really twisted the knife more :sigh:

Rest of the chapter was good.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Robin please continue reading the news

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I would have never seen this collab coming but guess it worked

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Viridiant posted:

Would you guys have asked Rayleigh to tell you about the One Piece?

Be honest.

I use strategy guides a lot so I probably would have and Luffy would yell at me and I'd be sad.

No because I think Rayleigh would beat me up

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I love lovely opportunists (one of my favourite straw hats is Nami) and Blackbeard is the shittiest opportuniest character around. Everytime he shows up it's a joy and a terror, it's great.

I also love that Law's crew, at least what we see in this chapter, is designed specifically to support him as much as possible. You have Bepo spotting for threats, Jean Bart running defence, and Shachi and Penguin as devil fruit water support. They obviously know how OP his devil fruit is and are completely running with it.

RuBisCO fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 21, 2022

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Ryaomon posted:

Baby 5's backstory is 4 panels long and still affected me more than half the cast's

same the reveal completely contextualizing her name from "kinda cool nonsensical english" to "oh" was very good

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

lih posted:

https://coloredmanga.com/manhwa/onepiecescanlations/chapter-1066/

here it is, they just stapled the previously mentioned poor quality twitter translation on to some mediocre scans. not that bad as far as poor quality scanlations go i guess

I am unfathomably happy for Robin

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Did current Actual-Vegapunk lobotimized himself to split six ways cause drat

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Cloks posted:

Where's the P, Oda? Why are you always framing this to hide the 'P'?

omg Sunk Records

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

the loving move was called Ice Time Capsule it was in front of us this whole time

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

One Piece (or well, Luffy) never actually offing his enemies make for such an amazing intertwined world.

I'm so, so excited for the Lucci/Kaku reunion.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

The heroes spent half the conflict unable to get up a slightly slippery hill. Now they straight up fly

Zoro literally did a Smash Bros Side-B recovery to get back on the platform during his fight with King lol one piece power scaling rules

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Delphisage posted:

What are the odds he goes to Wano now?

I don't think he has a reason to, he presumably still has no idea Pluton is there

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Which one of you perverts willed the Jacket devil fruit into existence

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Scholtz posted:

So what does this mean?

https://twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1600245436098306050

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Man with Hat posted:

Because the thread would be 90% spoiler bars for like six days per week. This exact discussion has been in this thread 100 times before and that's just what was decided last time. I think it's a good compromise at least.

This is exactly what happens and it sucks. Leaks are not worth discussing.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I really like this panel from the double-spread:

I know Oda's modern art (though I guess it's been like this for a long time now) gets a lot of flak for being much, much too busy, I think rightfully so, but I love this scene. With how many characters One Piece often has running around, these large group panels are one of the best ways Oda gives some characterization to just a whole bunch of characters all at once, and often all without saying a lot.

Usopp is obviously still nervous and has his eyes glued on Shaka's security cams. Sanji and Brook (and Zoro) are fawning/necks-craning over (the very tall) York. Luffy and Atlas are acknowledging each other from across the panel, which is really sweet. Nami is stomping on Lucci as Robin tries to calm her down, which is a fun bit. Franky looks at Lucci/Kaku like you look at your cat bringing in a dead bird. Jinbe is, there.

Like you can hear this panel. It's such fun to look at. As I've been reading more manga, I've consciously tried to slow down and really take in the art and how much effort goes into things like detailing and composition. And panels like these make it super rewarding.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

so did pedro actually do anything or did he just suicide bomb for the vibes

Specifically, candy dude candy glued the Sunny to the coast, so he blew himself up to either take out Perosperos or break the candy (or both?)

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Heavy Metal posted:

That One Piece x Dragon Ball Cross Epoch manga chapter is pretty cool anyway. Has that ever been released officially in English?

That special I only kind of half-watched and didn't seem too good, but I also haven't been properly introduced to that Toriko fellow.

It was included as a bonus booklet in one of the box sets, the third one I think

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

jassa posted:

You laugh now, but just wait until the penultimate showdown at Roguetown with Ruffy and Zolo vs. Tanjihado Lofulamingo and Bisoromi Bear.

Honestly though, I'm surprised so many people did switch to calling it Laugh Tale, after seeing the pushback on Paramythia these past couple of decades.

I think that the incredible/iconic spread of Roger Laugh Tale'ing it up did a lot. At least, it did for me.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2023-02-27/eiichiro-oda-asks-chatgpt-to-write-the-next-one-piece-chapter/.195350

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Ronnz posted:

Also, check out Sanji's eyebrow.

WHAT my jaw has been dropped

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Monday/Tuesday spoilers aren't worth talking about because they are often misleading or outright wrong. And now with speedscans we might as well wait til Wednesday so we can at least have a couple days of real chapter talk (which I enjoy).

One Piece is a visual medium so to me it only makes sense to discuss things when we actually have a picture of it.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

lol all that for nothing owned

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

https://twitter.com/OP_SPOILERS2023/status/1642891132597325824?t=naxYzYoBSE1w4nP1tuUMBA&s=19

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I wonder if Garp saw the Sunny rocketing off into the air back at Water Seven and thought "that's a great idea for an entrance"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

ThingOne posted:

Oh hey, Vegapunk actually managed to sell his gunpowder flowers

What a good design too bad she's a cop