Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

one piece is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

The only dumb thing about recharging haki is the crowd counting down like it’s a loving WoW ability cooldown

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

there are fully sentient robot super soldiers that shoot lasers out of their mouths but nobody's figured out how to keep food cold yet

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Eiba posted:

I don't think Lucci is going to come anywhere near as close to Luffy as he used to, that's clear. The question is whether Luffy casually beats him, or is surprised at how tough he still is before beating him. Or more likely their first clash will be inconclusive as I doubt this is the end of Lucci's involvement in this arc already.

Luffy totally could just easily trounce him and it would make sense, but I dunno why you'd bring back Lucci and not let him be at least a little impressive.

S-Bug is one I'm interested in, though he'd have to be younger than the rest. A little two year old Seraphim clown.

There's also potentially S-Gecko, S-Croc and S-Flamingo that we haven't heard of yet. Though if the two year old ones are functional, there's also S-Tiger and S-... uh... Beard? Weird that he's the only person who's ever been a Shichibukai who isn't an animal.

i think an SBS had Blackbeard as looking like a hippo, and trafalgar as a seal

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Sengoku and garp, presumably some or all of the gorosei/Im

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

To be fair luffy didn't have haki pre timeskip either

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Brandfarlig posted:

Not really, but there are some panels where BBs missing teeth change places IIRC.

I feel like I read somewhere that those were corrected but people have used that to argue that he actually has triplet brothers he hides in the darkness and you can tell based on jewelry and teeth.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

I was so down with the triplet theory for so long but the teeth just dont match up. 3-missing, 4-missing and Allteeth have the same personality, its not like hes always arrogant with one set of teeth, always cowardly with another, or anything. Theres no specific teeth pattern when hes using different fruit powers either. Blackbeard must drink a lot of milk.

It's a fun theory and I have zero interest in going back through all of the chapters to check for inconsistencies so I'll just enjoy the slightest possibility that it's correct.

At least with the different powers you could argue that it maybe functions similar to the swamp power and he's like, bringing just the brother's hand or something out of the darkness, while the rest of the body remains in storage. I'm imagining something along the lines of Tobi from Naruto where he uses his teleportation power to teleport the exact part of his body that's being attacked into the Kamui dimension to feign intangibility. He does show both powers simultaneously in Marineford right after killing Whitebeard, so you need some way to explain that.

I think the most likely explanation is like, he ate a special fruit that allows more powers or he's got a special body or blood or something. I feel like whatever his relation to Rocks is will end up being somehow related to the devil fruit thing but your guess is as good as mine.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

HerraS posted:

Marco straight up tells everyone that Blackbeards body has something weird going on with it that lets him use multiple fruits and thats something he had before he ate the darkness fruit to hide his secret brothers no one ever knew about

gently caress I hate the triplet theory so much

It’s simple, just having weird body as an explanation is boring so I ignore it.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

so if stussy is a clone of a member of the rocks pirates do you think big mom recognized her in her underworld role and knew she was a clone?

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

People have said similar things about Dressrosa too (slow and dragging on when read week to week, but well paced in one sitting).

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

Didn't Kidd try to get an alliance together to take on Shanks before they turned traitor on him?

Yeah that was the goal of allying with Apoo and Hawkins but I think Apoo was already working for Kaido at the time, and Hawkins joined up rather than get killed or imprisoned

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

I feel like Shanks' ability to project his conqueror's haki from outside of wano is going to also be explained in part by his advanced observation haki too. Like how the heavy hitters effectively create super armament haki with conqueror's, there's probably some interplay there that allows him additional future sight and/or a longer range on the conqueror's

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Still interested to learn why Kuzan is okay teaming up with Blackbeard. Know he’s opposed to the marines but he seemed to have a more moral version of justice compared to the other admirals, and Blackbeard doesn’t really align with that. Not sure what he’s looking to get out of the relationship

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Decent chance he’s a son or some other kind of relative. If not blood related he definitely seems to be leaning towards the Luffy to Rocks’ Roger type of inherited will.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

We’re gonna find out his laugh has actually been Xehahaha this whole time

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

lmfao at sadbo

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Frame makes sense if it turns out to be like an airship that can hold one of the ancient weapons. Flame works if you believe it’s some kind of energy source that powers the weapons, which granted did sound more in line with vegapunks whole deal. I would be surprised if it turned out to just be a weapon itself.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

I think he just said it wasn’t his first priority when forming his crew. But he and Beckmann talked about finally going to get it at the end of Wano, so it’s at least up in the air whether is a big ambition of his or more like a duty? Depends on what it ends up being

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

The fact that they're saying "missing in action" and not "dead" or "defeated" also makes me think Kuzan is keeping him alive to double cross blackbeard later

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

im ready for goofy luffy

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Nah, that old boy is dead.

Guernica (that guys name) was officially the source of the photo of gear 5 luffy used on the bounty posters. So if he's dead he still managed to survive long enough to get a photo(??) and send it to big bird.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

sure but saying that's in bad taste is assuming that they knew it was supposed to be laugh tale and translated it incorrectly on purpose? otherwise it's just a mistake. we just had this recently with the Mother Flame/Frame where the official translation just took a stab and assume it was Frame and then had to correct it to Flame later.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

sanji isnt a real chef until he gets a hideous arm tat

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

hes going to eat the empty throne

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

we'll meet up with Gaban on elbaf and get his flashback

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

She falls down the stairs and ends up in jail

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

He was fighting sword because sword and Garp are the only marines dumb enough to attack Blackbeard head on like that.

I feel like the entire Garp vs. Kuzan fight was Garp telling Kuzan to suck it up and stop half assing whatever he's doing with the Blackbeard pirates, which I've gotta assume means they're in on it together somehow.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

my treatise on the idela thead title

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Augus posted:

-The biggest flaw in this series is that it needs 400% more Nico Robin

Strong agree, I think the reason she doesn't get as much screen time is because she probably knows a lot more than the rest of the crew because she's the only one that can read. And her powers are too strong for fights against a lot of conventional opponents because she can basically just one-hit anyone with a human sized neck.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Ryobi is the only brand with cola batteries

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

flashbacks to years ago when people were swearing up and down that Luffy must defeat Big Mom at Whole Cake Island hand he would never run away

I think it was just one or two guys but they were very loud about it. Once we got to the katakuri fight most people saw the light but there were a few holdouts.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

We just had a whole thing about king crimson in the JJK thread I don’t need it again here

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Voxx posted:

or even kuma like a guy with 90% legs and little bitty torso

Moria was the inverse kuma

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Vegapunk: I've come to make an announcement Saturn is a bitch rear end motherfucker.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Kild posted:

It's interesting that Luffy has the same crazy eyes as Saturn at the end right? or am I tripping?

the way saturns legs are moving is reminiscent of snake man with how they’re zig zagging and changing direction. I wouldn’t be surprised if their mythical zoans (presumably) also have some flavor of “dark” cartoon logic that mirrors the Nika power. We saw some kind of weird shadow power from presumably Imu back when they killed cobra.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Their tweets were already kinda cagey about sending out links directly. Tweeting that the chapter is out, but the link is in bio not in the tweet. Probably just decided it was risking too much exposure or something idk

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Been a while since I’ve seen the thread fiending this hard for the new chap

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

2 week probe minimum lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Mass change effect would go away if she’s in the water so no