Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Terper posted:

You know I think I'd vibe with living in Totto Land. Cool place. Live in the outskirts somewhere, eat rocks and grass. Why not?

Biggest con I'd say is to have your lifespan taxed so Big Mom can make a loving talking teacup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also related to that, Linlin really is built differently because she's like as old as Whitebeard, had over fifty kids and used parts of her soul to make four catastrophic powerful homies but still hasn't shown any signs of losing vitality

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Strelok604 posted:

it still feels like there's something more to Mihawk than we know what with how they immediately jumped to giving him a higher bounty than Luffy or Blackbeard. I feel like his parentage or something about his past is yet to be revealed

I'd probs just chalk it to him being the strongest character shown so far other than Big Mom or Kaido. Also holy loving hell I feel bad for Buggy lmaoooo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also I feel real bad for Buggy, not only Alvida and Mr. 3, but also his own lieutenants went "oh yeah guess we'll work for Crocodile now when he kills the boss" ahahahahahahaha

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Mihawk's called the "Marine Hunter" probably cause he went around cutting up Marines, I don't think it's strange to think that cops would consider pig butchers a higher threat than someone who kills civilians.

I do wonder if it's because he's the kind of guy who would sink several Marine Battleships while looking to duel with a strong swordsman like Issho

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bleck posted:

Bentham :c
Still running the Newkama Land.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

BTW I wonder if Croc and Mr. 1 finally learned to use Haki during the timeskip since that iirc was what stopped him from going into the New World

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Even if he's weak, Buggy grew up in the crew of some of the strongest guys around, so he can definitely take a hit.

Gotta be good at resisting Conqueror's Haki too, else he'd have spent his entire time on the Oro Jackson unconscious.

Wasn't he knocked out by Shanks' CH? at Marinehord?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/EatingCerealNow/status/1561490226463518720?s=20&t=Wl7s-k7JMvSVJvUx73DXoA

this doesn't make much sense, brook was 38 when he died on the triangle and is 90 now, but perospero is 50...?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Giants being with the Marines is also a recent phenomena, it was Carmel who convinced some of them to join.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cat Machine posted:

Huh, I never put it together that Mother Carmel probably had a hand in convincing Oimo and Kashi to guard the front gate of Enies Lobby.

Nah, they were on Elbaf on Linlin's flashback. It is explicitly said that the Giant Vice-Admiral was introduced to the Marines with Carmel's help though

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Strawhat Bonney

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

I just realized my favorite subtle joke in this chapter on the reread: Chopper almost dies wearing a cold weather hat he doesn’t even need because he’s already a reindeer. He probably doesn’t even need winter clothes at all!

Do you think Robin keeps sewing cute clothes for him while they sail from island to island

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

guessing Vegapunk is using a spare body there, maybe transferring brains between clones or robots

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

davidHalestorm posted:

Maybe the real reason is simply because Caesar is extremely incompetent at his job.

Nah, it was bc Caesar Clown was making gas weapons which are a no-no to the Marine Science Division?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Chopper's flashback ending with Luffy's punch knocking Wapol the gently caress out owns, sorry.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tolth posted:

Theory - that Seraphim is malfunctioning because Vegapunk put Kuma's consciousness in it. Seraphim Kuma will join the crew as the final member, finally fulfilling the "Paw Paw Fruit User Joins" numerology thing.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

skipmyseashells posted:

now why would aokiji go and kidnap pudding

Poneglyph reading....?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm so hosed hyped for the Augur x Usopp fight for real. a sniper duel between a guy who can teleport and is an unbelievably accurate sharpshooter and someone as tricky as Usopp really must deliver

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Looking closer and I noticed that Burguess' face got real hosed up by Sabo. It was hinted to when he was at Baltigo and his face was covered in a shadow but in this chapter half of his head is covered in metal plates.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Violen posted:

expository conversation among the crew about how its just like that time jinbe no sold big moms soul gambit before he reveals that no hes just that hardboiled

In soul pocus case it's just that it only works on those afraid of Big Mom and Jinbe has colossal balls that prevents him from that

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ChaseSP posted:

Blackbeard's strategy continuing to be just loving charge in when he thinks he can win no matter how much damage he'll take because he can take it even if it'll loving hurt remains my favorite comparison to Luffy who has a similar approach but doesn't care if the odds are in his favorite at all. Especially when it keeps leading to Blackbeard eating poo poo and this being called out.

Also his own crew being completely resigned to his reckless antics at this point.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

No Wave posted:

If Law loses and has his will broken, will he be girl law forever?

Hentai artist reading this post and doing the grinch smile

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Chapter

We probably haven't seen Vegapunk 0 because he literally split his body, and needs all of the other Vegapunks to come together first. Perhaps if CP0 manage to start killing off his bodies then he'll gradually reform into his original self.

Even with Franky's tech, I didn't expect One Piece to go full sci-fi on us! I guess I always assumed that the various bits and pieces of real or future tech like video screens and Franky's body were just for flavour and/or convenience, like in Naruto. I should have trusted in Oda more.

0 probably has a Dr House situation where he is a trillion years old and on a suspended stasis chamber or is a literal brain in a jar. Also holy hell Seraphim are now for post timeskip the same kind of near unbeatable threat the Pacifista were at Sabaody

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Chap

So is Señor Pink dead?

iirc the Pacifista Laser was copied from Kizaru so maybe not?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Speaking of Drake did Oda ever say whether his pirate crew actually knew whether he was an undercover marine or not?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i am tim! posted:

I saw the dub and can confirm that the singing is subs-only.

Also, Red related spoilers, dub-Kizaru totally sounds like Garfield and I’m not even mad. It’s perfect for the character.

Brazilian Dub Kizaru and Franky are so bad

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

Every single time Oda puts a giraffe or giraff-esque creature on page it's gold

Speaking of Giraffe I was reading the Boichi Ace miniseries and he fights a Giraffe Zoan guy right before joining Whitebeard but like he didn't kill him so how did Kaku got the power...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I loving love the Boichi take on some of the most rugged characters like Rayleigh, Shanks, Whitebeard and Jimbei btw

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Usopp freaking out about the consequences of knowing about the Void Century, my brother in christ you have a half a billion bounty.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That's Hajrudin, Gerd and Goldberg, right?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fungah! posted:

WE'RE GOIN TO ELBAF

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Vegapunk just told us that the WG doesn't actually keep him in the loop too much, I wouldn't be surprised if we find out there's more going on there and something has happened to Elbaf/the books, or is about to. This just feels like too much good news, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and for a den den mushi to pipe in announcing the successful assault on Elbaf or something.

I think there's going to be an invasion of Elbaf with the Seraphim but it might be during the Elbaf arc itself. Like the others above said, I think it would be the perfect place for a confrontation with Akainu and the Marines right before the final stretch vs Blackbeard (and maybe Shanks)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Vegapedia the Free Encyclopedia

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

But for real if the WG knew about Punk Records then that's the biggest reason CP0 is there. No loving way that won't be used to spread out the Void Century truth, especially considering Vegapunk memorized all of Ohara's books.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

Seeing Vegapunk's gigantic head had awoken a deep memory of a cartoon I vaguely remember where a space captain landed on a planet where the people had big heads and they had to use supports to hold their heads. I think it was a short in the What a Cartoon series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtk2fG6sraE

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It would be a pretty fun what-if to go back and see the modern Straw Hats clown on their old foes. Maybe have one of the games cover all of the major arcs, then let you go back as Gear 5 Luffy or Raid Suit Sanji with absolutely no balancing whatsoever.

It's why I am praying that Robin and Franky get to wipe out Lucci and Kaku this arc

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I love the running gag of Kaku getting pwned by traps while Stussy is explaining how they work

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mabels big day posted:

also i was thinking Lucci could be awakened but I didnt expect the same weird cloud thing! Whats going on! I thought that was a Sun God thing, not an awakening thing!

It's weird bc the Impel Down Jailors didn't had that at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

anime was right posted:

jinbe in a sweatervest makes too much sense

He should spent winter with a sweater, summer with his Hawaiian shirt and the other seasons with his normal Kimonos