Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

One Piece

ThingOne fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Aug 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Where did the theory come from? I remember long ago reading something about it and at the time thinking “oh that’s neat” but I’ve forgotten completely

Ivankov threatened to reveal some secret he knew about Crocodile during Impel Down. Which, now that I think about it, would mean he was threatening to out Crocodile :yikes:

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

lmao at Blackbeard having a big moment with Hancock and there's just this enormous poster of Luffy in the background.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

I guess we know where Uranus is now. :catstare:

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

With all the giant monsters we see in One Piece I'm surprised this is the first time we've gotten a "coming up from the depths" shot.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Why would you make a hologram that can feel pain?

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

If one of the Vegapunks isn't a Cyborg 009 reference I'm going to be very disappointed.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

I bet Vegapunk's Island heating system is what's causing the crazy storm around Egghead.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

No Wave posted:

PUDDING'S BEEN KIDNAPPED!

...how did BB even know big mom's 50th daughter was a three eyes? This guy's a genius.

He's got a former admiral on his crew. His intel's outdated but I'm sure a lot of it's still useful.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Chopper's going to hate Doc Q's fruit. That battle will be the ultimate test of his dream to cure all diseases.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

I don't mind their fruits being simple. Blackbeard's MO's always been grabbing quick, easy powerups.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

I doubt some no-name pirate on Blackbeard's crew really knows if Big Mom's dead or not.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Oda's getting his fix after four years of drawing kimonos.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

The World Inferno posted:

That aside, love the hunger line. Had that come up yet that true Samurai don't experience hunger? And that he immediately confirms Momo is alive and with him.

Yeah, the first time we hear it is from Momo when Luffy meets him in the garbage put on Punk Hazard.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

The WG eliminating Vegapunk makes a lot more sense if he's got the knowledge to recognize one of the ancient weapons.

ThingOne fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 4, 2022

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Oof. At least there's a backup copy of Atlas in the cloud

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

The real problem's going to be figuring out what to do with Vegapunk's brain. The thing is bigger than the Sunny at this point.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

What the gently caress Luffy :gonk:

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

You'd think somebody in the WG would've noticed that one of their top agents is the spitting image of a member of the most dangerous pirate crew to ever exist, but I guess that's what you get when you violently memory-hole anything that makes you look bad.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Delphisage posted:

These are the morons who invited her and her Whitebeard clone to join the Warlords. Also, Buggy was a Roger and he still got invited too.

Yeah, but the Warlords were always supposed to be an enemies to sorta-allies kind of thing. Letting one into your top intelligence agency is completely different. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, the Celestial Dragons being so proud/paranoid that they've hamstrung their own secret service is a great twist.

Unrelatedly, I think it's really cool that they got a trans VA to dub Kiku
https://twitter.com/GhaspeyVO/status/1606420265235517440?cxt=HHwWgMDQ1Yquk8ssAAAA

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

If Stussy truly is a clone made by Vegapunk, then why isn’t she pink!?

We've never seen Bakkin's eyes so I bet that's where the defect is.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Time to see if Vegapunk was smart enough to program a backdoor in the command hierarchy.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

I love that Shanks' fleet is just a bunch of weirdos he decided he liked.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

Jesus Christ, Kidd got loving curbstomped :stare:

Shanks doesn't hold back when people threaten his friends.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Scholtz posted:

Kid's definitely weaker than Oden imo but I wouldn't be surprised if Roger was holding back a tiny bit, since he wanted Oden to travel with him.

Yeah, Shanks was going all-out to protect his friends while Roger was just there to have a fun fight with Whitebeard.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

I think Shanks just caught him flat-footed and his railgun exploding in his face probably didn't help.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Yeah there's a pretty big gap between her fist and Page One's neck

I forgot how brutal that attack was

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

drat, if this is what Garp can do in retirement how strong was Rocks?

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Oh hey, Vegapunk actually managed to sell his gunpowder flowers

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

tbp posted:

cool chapter but i hope to see some novel usage of the revealed fruits. they sorta seem like fruit++ for some we've seen in the story already

I think that's the point. The BB crew went around stealing fruits that would give them quick and easy power-ups but it ultimately isn't going to be enough to beat the Strawhats, who actually put in the effort to make their weird fighting styles work.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah that's usually what happens when you're frozen for an extended period of time.

Or you can be Garp and flex your way out.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

No Wave posted:

Blackbeard is 50 years old and has sailed around with the most active pirates in the world his whole life and doesnt sleep and had two years with shichibukai level access. He should be insanely knowledgeable.

He's actually only 40. Most of his OG crew are way younger than they look including Doc Q who's only 28.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Plutonis posted:

T Bone was like the most Heroic marine so RIP him... Then again he does look like a cadaver so he could be faking it lmao

Knowing T-Bone he probably let the man kill him so he could feed his family.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Jose posted:

What chapter is the vegapunk saul reveal again?

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Caidin posted:

Buggy is so drat cool...

I like that nobody in here gives a poo poo about Sabo coming back to dish gossip.

I'm more excited about Moda surviving. I hope she gets to beat Im with a stick before this is all over.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Fujitora continues to be the best Admiral.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

hatty posted:

starting to feel like the Imu is a terror from the stars theory is true

Can't wait for the arc where Imu Jr kidnaps and trains Luffy's kid.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

I don't think the Mother Flame is a weapon, I think it's an energy source Vegapunk created that the WG took and used to revive Uranus. Now that it's worked they want to kill him to keep it from being used to revive Pluton as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

mabels big day posted:

I like how the most elite intelligence agency of the world government is just out on the streets showing random citizens missing people posters like they were trying to find their lost cat

Gotta give Spandam something to do to keep him out of trouble