Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

what if theyre gay

:hmmyes:

I'm hyped for the plot moving forward. shits going down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
that would also mean Ivankov's holding that over Crocoboy and not their gender. which is an easier pill to swallow

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
gently caress this poo poo was good. it actually feels like we're starting a new arc and it's invigorating

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
queue it's happening.gif

:pray: let Franky get some sick scenes this arc. he's already researched a lot of Vegapunk's early works and probably has a pretty good idea of what they're like

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
have we seen this Battle Franky suit before? it has a 12 on it but also says Vega Force 1

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Begemot posted:

That's a Vegapunk robot, not a Franky.

ohhhh that makes the next scene where they say "giant robot" make way more sense. since franky is also geeking out. my boy franky is deffo getting an upgrade this trip

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Silver2195 posted:

I do sometimes think the power gap between pre- and post- timeskip characters is a little too large; it makes characters like Lucci, Crocodile, and most of the Vice Admirals feel unimportant in the grand scheme of things to a slightly jarring degree. At the very least there should be fewer Vice Admirals, or maybe explicit sub-ranks for them along the lines of the old Royal Navy's Vice-Admirals of the Red, White, and Blue in real life.

the problem I have with this is that we've seen what an emperor could do with Whitebeard. so we knew the bar Luffy had to cross to become Pirate King

characters like Lucci and Crocoboy aren't static and can evolve over time as well. I fully expect Lucci to be stronger than he was previously

we're also following the all star crew that will be able to overcome any issue. most of the worst generation hasn't fared so well

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

I'm hype for the inevitable Franky nonsense this arc is going to involve :allears:

:haibrow:

I'm excited for an info dump / breather arc before we get into the race to Laugh Tale. we still don't know where the last poneglyph is but super scientist Vegapunk has built a dragon rock radar to help us find it

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
does Vegapunk know who Im is? figuring out the tech of the past is going to lead to you finding out about the history of it. some of these machines should have recordings

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

anime was right posted:

what did zoro want from vegapunk i wonder

yo can you make me a dragon radar to always find our ship?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Silver2195 posted:

IMO, it's the other way around; they should have focused on taking out CP0 as fast as possible so they wouldn't have to fight Lucci and Kizaru simultaneously.

that would make sense if they had perfect knowledge like the reader. I thought the crew doesn't know that the Marines are on their way. let alone Kizaru specifically

plus their mission is to get Vegapunk off the island and were interrupted by CP0. they're defending Bonney and half their heavy hitters are separated. Zoro, Sanji, Robin and Franky would be good to have from that perspective

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

The One Piece dub is literally planning to catch up with the Japanese airing by the end of 2023

E:

Let's see Yamato's VA.

I got bombed, on Reddit, for saying Yamato was a man if they say they're a man

to all my nakama, I'm sorry people are poo poo

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

anime was right posted:

yes. there's no reasoning with that kind of person. their entire logic is yamato makes them horny and theyre straight so therefor because theyre not gay they conclude yamatos gender from there. this is why they ALSO accept kiku as a woman. their entire concept of gender is derived entirely on what gives them a boner.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Meme Emulator posted:

S-Snake got really shy when complimented by Jinbe. I dont know why, but I was expecting the Seraphim to be completely emotionless. I wasnt even expecting them to talk.

honestly it makes you question a lot of things if they can recognize that they have to do things according to orders. it leaves a chekhov's gun of one of them disobeying an order

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

He'll be the one dad who doesn't want to reunite with his kid. The ultimate one piece villain.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Tolth posted:

Who is that person in this case?

Julias posted:

• Spoiler "hints" posted by leaders on Twitter
  • Bullet point list of major plot points by trusted source like redon.
  • more detailed spoilers
  • low quality RAW scans
  • rushjob translations
  • clean fans cans
  • official translation

One piece content 7 days a week :wooper:

On the topic of spoilers I think the current policy is best. Avoid posting about the text spoilers, but once any scanlation comes out, people are free to chat about it in Spoiler tags until the official release.

pretty sure Julias is still the mod of ADTRW. apparently not anymore

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Julius stepped down 3 years ago in 2022, your sense of time is just hosed cause of COVID.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

hatty posted:

Is Toriko the series where eating good food causes your clothes to combust?

wait is food not supposed to do that on the reg? :confused:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Sub Harrison posted:

It's still a total mystery who Caribou is working for. But he's got 2/3 ancient weapons figured out and going to tell somebody.

Actually poo poo, wasn't Caribou on their ship?

Caribou secretly being a super important character, to the story, is kinda funny

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think they're gonna be friends after this. Or at least no longer enemies.

A Crocodile at Impel Down situation

Lucci actively wants to murder the whole crew for funsies. I think he gets rescued by Marines and we come back to a fite later on

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Scholtz posted:

I could totally see Kaido LordGenome-ing himself in the final battle .

now that I've read this I can't unsee it. I haven't watch TTGL since release probs time for a rewatch

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Admittedly Bonney is just kind of randomly there, I forgot about her. If I had to cut anything from the arc it would be her (I tend to say this a lot about supernovas)

huh? she's tying us to Kuma backstory. without her we don't really have a reason to explore it. feels like it's going to tie into revolutionaries and the greater plot threads

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
people are getting their rear end kicked or captured all over the place. we really are in end game territory

we also don't know what Shanks wanted when he showed up to chat with the Elder Stars. like what's his actual endgame rn. he's tailing Blackbeard so he'll get caught up with Garp and the Revolutionaries. tho he's never been shown to be on either of their sides

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Blackbeard has the right of it. people are going to lose their minds when Garp eats it. he's 100% throwing death flags here

I also liked Blackbeard's crew trying to run the gently caress away. true to the spirit of their leader

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

Next week is the last chapter before Golden Week, right? God, if Oda leaves us on a cliffhanger for a Garp vs BB fight

search your feelings. you already know it's going to happen

even funnier would be moving on and not telling us the resolution until later

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
we still haven't gotten to the flashback with Bonney :ohdear:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
that's because Buggy is the best. it is hilarious that an early story antagonist is still relevant and is actually making waves

our boy is an emperor now

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
it's not like Sabo knew they'd blow up a whole loving island. he's also immediately spilling the beans to ideally overthrow them

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
there are so many plot beats. it's hard to know what we'll even get next:
Akoji vs Garp
Vegapunk rescue
Kuma - Bonney backstory time
Sabo - Vivi what really happened at Marigeoise / Levely

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah you can make friends with Crows. there's YouTube videos on how to start the process but yeah it's about feeding them. then building trust you aren't going to try and kill them

they also have really good memories

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Eiba posted:

You can also make enemies with crows. It's entirely possible that it's too late in this case and whatever grudge this crow has against Gyges is irreconcilable. A crow passes their hatred down through the generations too, so just because you outlive them doesn't mean you'll be free.

To reiterate what others have said: to not gently caress with crows. Best bet in this case is probably to feed the crow and beg for their mercy.

I was trying to be optimistic. if a crow is following you around and making warning sounds it's basically calling you out. they have great vision and can recognize individual faces. so combine that with the memory and socialization skills they can get their buddies to help gently caress with people

like it might not even be the same crow every day and they're just rotating thru a murder of crows

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 17, 2023

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Gyges posted:

Nah, there's no way for it to know that it's my apartment. I just happened to hear the noise I'd been trying to figure out, and saw it was a crow. I think it just likes to sit on the edge of roofs and make weird sounds.

you do realize that crows are perfectly capable of looking through windows. crows are also smart enough to see a person walk into a building and then see a light turn on inside and piece it together

I'll drop this because we're way off topic but please don't underestimate crows

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

all according to keikaku*

*keikaku means comrade

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

It's a picture of all the 10th strawhats. Just missing rope guy.

This info about lili is brand new to us, right? I hadnt heard anything about it before.

100% new information. Alabasta's current ruler King Cobra and Amazon Lily's current ruler is Boa Handcock. they both have snake themed names. this might have been sitting right in front of us for a very long time

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I feel this is all really setup to get Dragon into play after all this time

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Drakkel posted:

I've heard a theory that Dragon isn't actually Garp's son, but married Garp's daughter, based mostly on one line where Luffy sees a picture of Dragon and goes "Oh he doesn't really look like me" and Garp referring to Luffy as "The son of my kid" specifically but those could easily just be translation things.

I think this has been around for a while and I could get behind it. Luffy's mom has basically never been mentioned in universe

would also make sense if something happened to her which set Dragon on his current path and why Garp doesn't seem particularly interested in stopping him. I'm fairly sure we know Dragon and Garp communicate

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Kild posted:

So Dragon took on Garp's last name?

I mean that's more believable than Ace's mom's pregnancy

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Eiba posted:

Well, his wife's name. It's a thing that can happen.

It's much simpler to suppose Garp instilled his sense of justice and responsibility into his son, who then saw how the Navy serving the Tenryubito went against everything Garp purported to value. One of the easiest to understand "gently caress you dad" scenarios I can think of.

This is kind of a pet peeve of mine, but if humans can cut mountains in half using their arm muscles, it seems weird to get hung up on this completely implausible and over the top superhuman feat involving pregnancy. It was presented as a badass feat. Let it be a badass feat.

I'm not particularly hung up on it. I honestly think it's funny but my point of comparison is that it's easier to change your name than perform a super human feat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Eiba posted:

Fair enough. It's usually a thing I see people just casually joke about and I don't imagine there's usually any strong feelings involved. I'll admit to being the one hung up on the subject.

nah you're good fam. I honestly didn't even know people actually disliked it. then again I'm the dummy for forgetting this is the internet and there's always someone out there who hates a thing