Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I liked this show, better than I thought it would be. I only wish they used more in-game music, like the moment a battle theme started playing was the only time I felt like the music really hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

cheesetriangles posted:

Congrats I guess on being the first person that didn't get wrecked by I Really Want To Stay At Your House.

lol yeah I should've made an edit for this specifically

I guess I understand why they didn't use more music just ripped from the game, in the same vein that yeah there are game characters in it, but not enough to make it feel like a cheap reference

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihdo3vPFK9Y

This was by far my favorite track in the game, and I was glad I didn't hear it in this show since it feels like a specific V/Johnny thing. Off topic, I just really like it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Seizon posted:

Anyway, I think this anime has suckered me into playing the game. Are there any especially fun builds?

You can't go wrong with mantis claws. Plus they added Lucy's monowire to the game which can function like an AOE mantis claw. Seems pretty sick tbh

Been a while but I think I did a Reflex (or whatever stat scales melee dmg) build, along with stealth and HP. So whenever I eventually got caught I could pull out my claws and kill everything. I'm pretty sure the only deaths I had were hitting gas cans with my claws and blowing myself up

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I was mega let down by monowire on release, cool that they added a better one.

I actually had no idea they were in the release version, lol. I thought it was an entirely new weapon

Release was wild, like why would I keep using 40dps guns when I have a normal grey mantis blade that does like 1500dps

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I watched a Lucy build video and reinstalled lol, it looks so fun. IDK if I'll actually pull the trigger tho

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I AM BRAWW posted:

I felt the urge but my gaming time is limited so I'm waiting until the DLC/expansion. At least the game is in a good state now to get back into.

This is pretty much the only thing stopping me, and Xenoblade 3 being the longest game with the most stuff to do, ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JILxefP5Ik&t=13s

this looks so awesome!! i never messed w/quickhacks at all the first time around

Daikatana Ritsu fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 28, 2022

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

it has good animation, good pacing, doesn't overstay its welcome. What more could you ask for tbh

The short run time is like half the reason I enjoyed it so much

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Flesnolk posted:

I'm not sure I can forgive Edgerunners for gaslighting people into thinking 2077 deserves to exist, and isn't a blatant scam job for which CDPR ought to have been sued until nothing but rubble remained

It's a good game, dude, fuckin relax lol. The only unforgivable thing was the performance on last gen consoles, which is lovely in any context. CDPR shot themselves in the foot by continually comparing it to Witcher 3 storylines & quest structure, but that's about it. It won't ever be the game they promised, but it's still a good game in its own right

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

King of Solomon posted:

I'm not gonna comment on how good the game is currently because I have no idea, but there was a hell of a lot more wrong with CP2077 at launch than just the poo poo with the previous gen consoles.

I mean yeah it was hella buggy, but not any more than any Bethesda game at launch. The flak they took for that over any other dev really felt forced to me at the time & still does

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

Well I beat the game. If you got depressed by the ending of Edgerunners like i did, following it up with that game's emotional sledgehammer of an ending might not be the best call. Nobody gets a happy ending in Night City.

I remember getting a pretty decent ending, with the slightest spark of hope for V, and then I read that was the "hardest" ending to get just by the number of required steps to take and I just happened to luck my way into it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Dog Kisser posted:

I still think the best ending is not romancing anyone, making friends with everyone, then going with Alt and leaving your body behind. I played as a netrunner and felt myself getting less and less attached to my body as I was able to affect more and more of the world as a hacker.

By the end, going into mikoshi and the revelation that you were ALREADY an Engram and that the original "you" was dead at that point anyhow, going the next step and joining some AI gestalt with Alt seemed like a sensible story beat. Johnny at that point was trying to convince me that he should go instead but I was like "body's yours man, live a good life"

Bittersweet, but I felt like V transcended the whole Night City trap while leaving things better than when they started. Even better there's probably no record of their impact on Arasaka despite the destruction of Mikoshi and the crippling of their operation in night city; it feels like an inversion of V's dreams, instead of ending up a legend and burning out, becoming a ghost that just fades away. I left the game feeling like it was a totally happy ending, very cyberpunky.

I still think leaving Night City w/Panam and her gang to look for a cure is the best ending. Even if you don't find it, you made it out of NC with some humanity intact

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Yeah I wouldn't mind a 2nd season if it was entirely separate from the first. Maybe for the game sequel in a million years