Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

does 40k not have any rats? wtf even is the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Bussamove posted:

Fifteen nurglings in a trenchcoat Terminator Armor.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Magitek posted:

I'm guessing that making an all-male class on release means that they'll produce an all-female DLC class later

I wonder what class that could possibly be

If you're thinking Sister of Battle I think you'll be disappointed. They're an order of magnitude higher on the power scale than guardsmen are.

Even a Repentia is a stretch since they don't get sent to a prison.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

IMO it's that they'd be so similar to the zealot and that the chance of a Sister ending up in prison is near zero. They'd either get executed by the ecclesiarchy or be forced to become a Repentia.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

ChaseSP posted:

Zealot better have a subjob that just goes full Slayer.

I was pretty much already doing that in the beta with a thunder hammer.

Never not bonk.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I have a 3080 and had no issues with the last beta and it was gorgeous. I'm not sure what my fps was as I didn't have a meter up, but it was consistent.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I look forward to starting the download in 4 hours and not having it finish until late this evening.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I got a flamer for my zealot and I'm not sure if I like it or not. You move noticeably slower with it equipped, it's slow to equip, hip fire is just a little poot of flame, slow to "aim" which lets you let loose like a fire hose, and doesn't seem to crit or get bonus weak spot damage.

However, it makes crazy short work of hordes.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I had the ogryn say "you just think I'm stupid" and the zealot responded "worry not, for the Emperor made you exactly as you need to be to do his work"

Surprisingly wholesale for someone who's that crazy.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Reposting the psyker short story from the Darktide site so people new to 40k can get a reference to why people don't like being around psykers
https://www.playdarktide.com/news/short-story-the-psyker

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Tried to queue up for a quickplay at difficulty 3 (malice) got constant disconnect errors. Trying at level 2 worked fine.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Looking through penances I have a lot on 6/7 of mission types. What's the last one that's not in the beta?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

ChickenHeart posted:

are all the chat replies just "darktide"

pretty much

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Popete posted:

The trend of devs opening up public Discords for anything but small indie projects sounds awful. If I worked as a game developer and had to read Discord feedback as part of my job I would hate it.

I think it happens because forums are a dead form of communication, we're just the weird ones that are hanging on.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Honeatly GW has done a good job in recent years of turning off that kind of person by just making minorities more visible in the art and lore. Theyre real thin skinnned and a lot of them jumped onto battletech instead, unfortunate for that fandom.
It's been rough.

A very vocal portion of the Battletech community lost their minds because a tank called the "Patton" is getting a release soon, but not the "Rommel". Note: they are the same tank, just the "Rommel" was a moniker used for a specific weapon loadout version of the Patton. They have always used the same model on the tabletop as well. So basically the new packs will have "Patton tank" instead of "Patton/Rommel tank" on the label.

There was also a meltdown that happened when Catalyst games didn't renew a writing contract with an author that has gone off the rails with white supremacist and lost cause poo poo.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Kokoro Wish posted:

One of the last Medicae stations I visited had the servitor say something along the line of "Please, do not go. It is so lonely here", and that just caused my group to double-take for a second and just WTF at that.

Some of the medicae servitor's lines are pretty depressing. Another that I remember is "I can feel pieces of my mind slipping away".

Also keep in mind that there are radios with skulls all over the place and each of those is a servitor, meaning a human skull with a brain that's had everything not needed for being a radio lobotomized.

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 21, 2022

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

My stuff in the requisitorium rotates out randomly, not on the normal 24hr timer. Pretty annoying when I see something great and don't even get a chance to earn the credits.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Exodee posted:

I think it also resets whenever you level up. :fatshark:

I'm 30, and it resets randomly. Like an 1-2 hours ish. Happens even if I haven't played a single mission.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

quote is not edit, woops

regarding post-mission loot. I'm 30 hours in and have only gotten one purple and around a dozen whites. RNG hates me.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I've been trying to get the "abhor the mutant" penance, and I haven't been able to make it work.

The text is "While dashing, kill a Mutant with a melee attack".

While I'm dashing? It's dashing? We're both dashing? I swear I've done at least one of all 3.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Real Cool Catfish posted:

How many dash melee kills do I have to do on mutant for the drat thing to register the penance.

I just got that like 10 mins after complaining about not getting it in this thread.

How I ended up doing it was I started a heavy attack, charged at the mutant while it was charging, and released the heavy attack into his head before I stopped moving. It's really tight timing and I think my problem before was hitting the mutant after my charge was technically over, even though I had the crit buff.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Is there a way to skip the intro cutscene(s) and "press space to proceed" and just launch straight to the character select? It's pretty annoying especially considering how often the game crashes.

edit: \/ that explains why using the flamer isn't helping with contracts that involve getting ranged kills \/

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

deep dish peat moss posted:

Does anyone know if this blessing gives a 10% toughless heal on each swing, or just a 10% max toughness buff?

You gain back toughness.

eg: if you have 100 toughness, you'd get 10 back when it procs.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

republic posted:

It's honestly been kind of a pain in the rear end to cheese. I keep getting already mid-game lobbies with Zealots that are just completing the mission, people earnestly looking to pub tier 5 missions in their mid teens (sickos), or the rare occasion where I get to create a mission but there are no barrels or ways of self damage before the first drop down and I cant get any ranged mobs attention to come over and light me up. Spent like 2 hours trying this evening between myriad game crashes on mission start / hub reload. It's getting exhausting.

I think the best way is to get a full group and just get it in one go for 4 people.

That being said, anyone want to group up for it?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I can deal with the bolter have a strange recoil pattern or taking a long time to reload, it's usually used by people or superhumans in power armor.

The needing to cock it every time you pull it out is what drives me nuts. Or even if you get a little boop from an explosion or another knockback you have to go through the egregiously long cocking animation.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm sure I'll load in eventually

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

CuddleCryptid posted:

"Pick up 6 grimoires"

*pay 2500 gold to replace*

"Pick up 9 grimoires"

And you can only reroll 4 challenges :v:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I've noticed on more than one occasion that they refer to a Valkyrie as a Storm Raptor. Which is odd because afaik there's nothing called a Storm Raptor in 40k, so I'm not sure where that came from.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I got a pretty good bolter drop on my Zealot, and now I'm really wishing that we could share weapons between characters.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Is there an answer to muties outside of "kill them before they get close"? Dodging them rarely works and you can't push them away.

Dogs are easy enough to dodge and/or push as they leap in, but I haven't found a consistent way of dealing with muties.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Got this bolter as an Emperor's gift. It's not a god roll, but I'm plenty happy with it.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Exodee posted:

I'd still be on the lookout for a Bolter with the Shattering Impact blessing, it makes a massive difference in how many shots it takes to take down armored targets. With +3 rending it straight up halves the amount it takes to kill Crushers for example.

This game is certainly in the "beggars can't be choosers" category when talking about weapon drops. It's a loving drip-feed and the chance of getting a weapon with decent stats and just one of the blessings you want is nigh impossible.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I started leveling up a Veteran after mainlining Zealot like a crazy person since the start of the beta.

The power sword really feels like cheating.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

juggalo baby coffin posted:

veteran gets the plasma gun and the power sword, psyker gets the staves + force sword + duelling swords, zealot gets the eviscerator and flamethrower, ogryns stuff is all unique like you said.

Thunder Hammer is also unique to the Zealot

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Then your big ogryn gets in the way of 1 shot

I've learned that if you're playing a ranged character >50% of the game is just ogryn rear end.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

hemale in pain posted:

a.. ranged character??

eg: psyker or veteran

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Not being able to skip the intro videos and screen before was bad enough. Now you have to hold space to skip the video, lol.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I don't get it. Why are the ratings different?

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'm pushing toward level 25 on Veteran, as it stands I don't understand how anyone can use anything besides Bolter or Plasma Gun, how do you handle the armored guys with a lasgun? Do you really just have to go in with the Power Sword?

Shoot them in the 'noggin

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

How does the Veteran's deadshot feat work? Is it just when aiming?

quote:

Deadshot: When using your weapon’s Alt Fire, gain 25% Critical Chance and 60% Sway Reduction but lose 10% Stamina per second, and an additional 5% for each shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

How are you supposed to deal with Ragers as a Zealot with an Eviscerator? Nothing I do seems to stun them, so I just trade hits and hope for the best. Turns out that doesn't really work when you're fighting three of them plus a horde.

Rev it and smack them. They'll be stunned while you're sawing into them.