Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Zetsubou-san posted:

SOLO: THE THIRST CRUSHER

Brawndo: The Thirst Mutilator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kild posted:

the split is generally 33% to the streamer youtube and the company. then the big difference is how each company does merch with Hololive generally having you self-fund merch but you get most of the cut and with Niji giving you like 1% (not a typo) but isn't self funded.
Baseless slander, I heard Niji talents get twice that much.

What I've heard about most corpos is that after YT takes their 30% cut of superchat revenue, the remaining 70% is split evenly between the talent and the company. Membership income is less clear. Streamelements donos don't have as much of a platform cut, so come streamers will have links to that as well, but it doesn't match the user-side convenience of SCs.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Motto posted:

I don't pay much attention to vtubers but my impression is that besides the bare minimum the companies don't actually do much besides collect their cut and roll the dice on how bad they want to bungle an issue for you when it comes up

The big ones have extremely powerful network effects that will put way more eyes on you by default*, and can open doors in terms of what artists and producers will be willing to talk to you. Even in the smaller ones, you will have a group of collaborators with mutual self-interest to work with, bounce ideas off of, and viewers pulled in by one talent can be introduced to the others naturally. And that's not even considering major events like Fes that no indie could put together.

*this is sometimes taken as "anyone would be big if they got into holo", but it's more like "for people to watch you, they have to have heard of you first unless you get lucky with the algo", and corpos can both cover advertising costs and have a pre-existing viewer base who are likely to check you out; once you're past that, it's up to you to retain and grow the audience.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Arc Hammer posted:

Fun times in Cleveland again
STILL CLEVELAND

Are the trains still carrying jobs out of Cleveland?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The human mind is ill-adapted to social media environments.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Rinkles posted:

Finished it. Feels like it had a bit of troubled production because it’s uneven, especially towards the end (though less so the final episode). Don’t know what was up with the cow girl farm (except maybe to foreshadow that solitude had driven the villain mad and pathetic), but I did like their choir singing.

Weird show. I don’t know that I’d recommend it anyone, but I can’t say it wasn’t interesting, in good and bad ways.

It's one of my all-time favorites. Nothing beats industrial facilities powered by cross-linguistic wordplay.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

verbal enema posted:

I hosed up bad and might not be around for awhile

On the off-chance this involves legal processes: stay in touch with your lawyer and do not, under any circumstances, skip out on your appearances. Nothing good comes of messing up either.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kwyndig posted:

I mean who has the loving time?

Goons.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Meowywitch posted:

Maybe we should watch a horror anime... maybe Monster? I can't think of too many rOrroh anime off the top of my head

Shiki
Jigoku Shojo
Mononoke
The currently airing Dark Gathering
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia mixes in horror elements
Good old Vampire Hunter D

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

The Black Stones posted:

The balance is that ill be showing Scooby Doo as examples of recycled animation and I might use Flintstones as example of the first animated sitcom. Then probably show some UPA animation to show very obtuse style. My movies are also modern CGI stuff.

So yeah, I think one day full of anime stuff showing how animators can still use 2D animation for really cool purposes is good, but thanks for the concern.

Some of Shinbou's series might be good sources of examples of how to mix styles (PPD, Zetsubou), or distill scenes down to their essential components (Monotagari).

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

GateOfD posted:

So like a week ago I said my mom's computer died.
I had an all-in-one thing that I wasn't using so I gave that to her.
But she wants a tower. So I was looking. Saw an slightly older Acer model that be good for her for about $250. Since all she does is regular computer browsing and light office work.

Trying to look at black friday stuff. I see the same thing. $250, but now with a '$100' off! tag on it (was $350) It literally wasn't.

I didn't know JC Penny sold computers.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Furnaceface posted:

Isnt a large amount of that sugar high fructose corn syrup as well? No wonder the country is hoovering up the global supply of Ozempic.

You don't get as much of it in bread products as you used to, but most mass-market sweetened/carbonated beverages use it as the primary sweetener (which I don't like, the sugar-based versions taste way better).

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mister Facetious posted:

Meth and red bull

Powerthirst?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
A very merry Hashire Sori Yo to you.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Furnaceface posted:

Think I might finally watch New Game this weekend. Gotta work on Christmas again this year so I need something I can watch in 2 days.

e: Wait is it New Game or Gamers that is the good one?

They're both good. New Game is the MTK series about making video games, Gamers is about high school students in a video game club and their absurdly-complicated relationships.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Should have used a Ford Bronco.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kwyndig posted:

Modern "AI" has no internality, it's no more aware than a speak and spell. It's no more capable of taking over than your toaster is capable of declaring itself emperor of the kitchen.

It's not capable of taking over in the sense of exerting direct control, but it's certainly capable of flooding information systems with low quality content that makes it hard to find good/useful content.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
La Croix is some sort of strange anti-flavor, that I presume is trying to rely on some sort of homeopathy to get intense flavor out of a handful of flavoring molecules that were dropped into the vat and later extracted for reuse.

I largely cut sodas out of my diet a long, long time ago, but I still miss Mountain Dew, 7-Up the Way It Used To Be, and A&W from before "Frosty Mug" flavor was introduced in ~'93, presumably a switch to HFCS. I also liked Pepsi Throwback when it came around, which was surprising since I always preferred Coke to Pepsi.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Let's go exploring!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I think E8 is useful context for what drove Nagato to do what she did in Disappearance.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
If the chain probe is automated, they must have added in a randomized element because the probes aren't precisely 6 hours long and the differences seem to vary across the 1st page of the Leper's colony. Still seems like overstepping the bounds of what IKs are supposed to do, even if it's not automated.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Tales of Woe posted:

oh i forgot about fruits basket, i was gonna say the recent track record was really bad but theres one.

I will maintain that the original FB anime had a much better soundtrack and better comedic delivery.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Captain Invictus posted:

losing 10% of your stock's value in half a day over an entirely preventable incident is never a good look. this isn't THE END OF ANYCOLOR because the majority of their income is from the original JP branch, the international arms are just exploratory offshoots despite EN's success. They have also had a bunch of people outright refuse to deal with nijisanji anymore including a merch vendor and one of the biggest clip channels. This is, at best, a black eye for their company.

basically, she wanted to go out on neutral terms in january, and nijisanji said no gently caress you and blew their own arm off in the process by posting that absurdly unprofessional termination screed that was vague enough in some circumstances("accusations of bullying by other talents") that it opened up their entire roster to harassment because [person] might be The One Who Bullied Her. It showed a distinct lack of management clout which spooked investors, and in response Anycolor just listed an EN branch manager position opening. either they didn't have one before, or they fired the one that was there, which, neither is confidence-inspiring.

people have said nijisanji is a black company for a while now("Anykuro" has started being used a lot which is a really good pun) but "top talent attempts suicide after horrific mismanagement and internal bullying in the company, is fired and her entire work catalog purged" is a PR disaster that's probably impossible to walk back.

The offered salary for the new position is supposed to be laughably low.

The last spike in stock price that this development wiped out came from a stock buyback, which is a gun with only so many bullets in it.

They might as well just put Joe Rikiichi in charge of EN management for how much of a clown show it's come across as.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Sleng Teng posted:

Ace fighter pilot

Also noted author.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

homeless snail posted:

carol is odie. tomo-chan is garfield

Does that make Misuzu Nermal? Is she going to be airmailed to Abu Dhabi?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kwyndig posted:

I don't remember that but that definitely sounds like peanuts. Charlie Brown is the eternal cuckold, after all.

Good grief.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Translation is an art rather than a science, but it is still quite possible to commit bad art and there are plenty of hacks running around.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

panko posted:

succulent chinese meal for lunch… succulent mexican meal for dinner. what a country

democracy manifest

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Shinjobi posted:

Random text from a friend who occasionally asks me about whether an anime is worth watching:

"Yo WTF is this keijo stuff, they're just shaking asses????"

Happy Thursday

No, they're also shaking tits.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

The Colonel posted:

keijo should've gotten more than one joke. for a sports comedy about big tits it has less imagination than an anime about mahjong players with big tits

The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing.

Or two big things, I guess.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

She still got it.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Southern Cassowary posted:

both of which raise the obvious question why you'd even bother versus using an actual, talented artist in the first place. (this is a hypothetical question, i know the answer is money)

Potential commissioners can use it to make a mockup of what they'd like the final product to overall look like, then give it to the artist so that it's clearer what they want and fewer revisions are needed. Or you just want to make a quick shitpost picture that wouldn't be worth the time/money to actually hire someone to make.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

claw game handjob posted:

I am absolutely convinced one employer I keep barking up the tree of is just tossing every loving resume at machine-learning garbage before a human.

Just one?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Sakurazuka posted:

Need to know what the 'Top 100 Bap' were

Many Soul Caliber character

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Arc Hammer posted:

I like Vancouver when I visit my friends out there, wish I could afford to live there. So Pacific Northwest climate could be good for me.

>Doesn't want rain
>Considering Cascadia

???

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Here comes the rain again

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Are Hard Rock Cafes still a thing? I remember that once upon a time their t-shirts were everywhere, but I haven't heard anything about the brand in long, long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Clarste posted:

I'm more of a dialog person, so a bunch of contextless images don't do much for me.

Do you keep Medaka Box spreads in your "Taxes" folder?