Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

ArbitraryC posted:

I don't really get why you'd need pinterest for a recipe anyways, like just google search and either hit up allrecipes or a recognizable food website.

On Pinterest women collect a bunch of pins for recipes that they're never going to make. But pinning them makes them feel like they've accomplished something.

It's a lot like a New Year's Resolution. People like to make the resolution, and talk about it with their friends, they just don't actually have any concrete plans to follow through with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I enjoy cauliflower but does anyone honestly prefer mashed cauliflower to mashed potatoes? I guess the reverse is true- if you never had decently prepared potatoes growing up you'd be looking for an alternative.
I had roommates make this a lot as part of an Atkins-type thing (South Beach maybe?)

I never tried it but it smelled like they were boiling farts.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i've tried roasting cauliflower a few times, but it never turned out anywhere near as good as roasted broccoli. and well, if i'm not roasting it what else is it even good for?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i've tried roasting cauliflower a few times, but it never turned out anywhere near as good as roasted broccoli. and well, if i'm not roasting it what else is it even good for?

Pretty much the only application I've found for it is alongside steamed broccoli in a cheese sauce, or raw with dip :btroll:

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop

Nooner posted:

One of my favorites I got from forums user Big Nipples Big Life:

"A really easy and lazy one I like is buy a chuck roast and a jar pepperoncinis, put the chuck roast in the crock pot, pour the whole pepper jar in the pot. Set it on low for 8 hours, shred it and make sandwiches or serve it on rice."

the easiest and cheapest thing ever and it is super delicious

You're supposed to add packets of dry ranch dip and onion soup mix... and a whole stick of butter

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

I like both roasted cauliflower and roasted broccoli. I like the broccoli more, but cauliflower is more versatile because you can put some spices on the outside before roasting it. Try curry powder or Old Bay. I guess maybe you could put powdered Ranch mix on it too, if that's how you roll.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
I like http://www.foodnetwork.com/ a lot for finding good recipes. You can sort recipes by chef if there is someone who has recipes you like; I sort on Alton Brown myself. allrecipes is garbage because almost every recipe is bland. I found a Bloody Mary recipe where they advocated adding 1 DROP of tabasco to an entire pitcher.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

AutumnDDP posted:

I like http://www.foodnetwork.com/ a lot for finding good recipes. You can sort recipes by chef if there is someone who has recipes you like; I sort on Alton Brown myself. allrecipes is garbage because almost every recipe is bland. I found a Bloody Mary recipe where they advocated adding 1 DROP of tabasco to an entire pitcher.

Lol a drop? Pansies.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

my girlfriend uses pintrest to find new recipes. i've never bothered doing that because i use the NY Times recipe section and certain youtube channels

if lifetime is television for women, Pintrest is Instagram for women- not a bad thing on paper, but cringey in practice

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

get that OUT of my face posted:

my girlfriend uses pintrest to find new recipes. i've never bothered doing that because i use the NY Times recipe section and certain youtube channels

if lifetime is television for women, Pintrest is Instagram for women- not a bad thing on paper, but cringey in practice

How to make sous-vide dog poo poo! :j:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
raaaaaghgh!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! no like thing online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Haverchuck posted:

raaaaaghgh!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! no like thing online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
increasingly there is less to like online every day

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
then I'd recommend you build some furniture or pressure wash your fishing boat

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

get that OUT of my face posted:

increasingly there is less to like online every day
ya, though also increasingly i've started to like reddit a lot over the past couple of years. not /r/memes or whatever front page garbage, but actual more niche hobby (even recipe) subs, or regional/city subs, and other product related subs. it has a large enough user base to support them and its mostly simple plain text since i like to read. i've found some pretty good recipes or cooking assistance on there. if im looking up a question, i often add +reddit to the search because i dont want a bunch of garbage 5-minute youtube videos for a 5second answer, or pinterest, or the lovely broken microsoft support forums that never work, etc.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
do pull ups in your garage and preserve meat

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
read print media and abuse your wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

yeah you're not going to enjoy cauliflower as an adult if you were forced to have it as a child. in that regard it is much like sodomy

:prepop:

• Locked thread