Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
##institute mandatory ice cream party Sundays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

CubicalSucrose posted:

##institute mandatory ice cream party Sundays

ha ha i beat u to breaking the curse

but in Borktopia we will have sunday ice cream

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

saladscooper posted:

##inspire theological revolution

Wowie! I was finally able to break free! Now Mister Stalker will be vanquished. Boomboom! Bangbang! He's gone now :)

Well, that ends the game in a town victory! I'm sorry it took so long for me to mod at the end and that I trolled you weirdly as Bork for the past few days. Except that was hilarious so I'm not sorry actually.

I kind of feel like I hosed over the scum team, but that's just what you get with a Keats game, anything can happen. That said, my next game will be entirely open setup so look forward to that. And I'll probably have a comod too (or nobody will want to play lol)

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Woooooo borktopia!!!!

Meen you played a pretty good scum game all things considered!! the team was marred by lurking and investigation results

I'm glad I was in this game!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Keats posted:

Um, what was this flavor supposed to be...? Oh yeah. You all discovered an anomaly similar to Gretchen. It was Farmer Ben on the other side of the pond. He was another phantom manifestation shucked off by the Stalker as a byproduct of his activities. Anyway, the image wasn't moving anymore when you discovered him. He was just standing there. That's how you noticed in the first place.

Josef was scum aligned and a limb of the stalker. Slice. And he's Dead now. He becomes Severed if he isn't already.

It is now Night 4.

3/5 limbs Severed

:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

Fun game though! Would play another Keats game without reservations

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Looking forward to seeing what all was happening and how close it was.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’ll play whatever you come up with Keats

Sorry to all the limbs for just constantly getting severed, but next time use your powers for good

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I guess you could say we cut the stalker.down to size.

We took a piece out of it, or five.

Winning the game cost more than an arm or a leg.

*Throws limb at stalker* looks like you could use a hand.

*points to intact Autumn foot*, we really got a leg up on scum team huh.

My scum hunting skills came in handy huh.

Etc

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

my apologies to everyone for injecting a disproportionate amount of unnecessary confusion into the game (well, except for the stalkers limbs, it may have helped them for a hot minute, edk)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

I’ll play whatever you come up with Keats

Sorry to all the limbs for just constantly getting severed, but next time use your powers for good

Your avatar!!!!!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

saladscooper posted:

Woooooo borktopia!!!!

Meen you played a pretty good scum game all things considered!! the team was marred by lurking and investigation results

I'm glad I was in this game!

ty, I tried. but then cops everywhere, a masonry of confirmed townies that could privately recruit people to confirm their towniness to outside of thread, and to boot Keats forgets to mark Josef down as haunted which was supposed to make him execution-proof happens and it all goes down the terlet

also I have a question: did anyone else notice that toal had caught pmom? it's been tilting me that everyone seemed to have skipped over that for a while

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
People is dumb :clint:

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Toal didn't cop PMom, they just found the word "Stalker" in PMom's role PM

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dead giveaway tbh

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

I still don't really understand any of it but I had a great time :toot: yay town!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
yay I won? sorry, pmuzz, I was just poking at every newbie!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
another historic win for gay rights

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Johnny Keats posted:

Toal didn't cop PMom, they just found the word "Stalker" in PMom's role PM

Yeah I know but...

Toalpaz posted:

I investigated you and it says you are stalker. Any last words?

...there's no reasonable way to read this framing but as a cop scum-catch claim. then it's dropped and everyone acts like it didn't happen. it's baffling

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Snooze Cruise posted:

another historic win for gay rights

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

I investigated you and it says you are stalker. Any last words?

Toalpaz posted:

Can your think of any reason why your role pm might say stalker this stalker that, curse blah blah

these posts were literally 3 minutes apart, everyone had the word "Stalker" in their role PM lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Yeah I know but...

...there's no reasonable way to read this framing but as a cop scum-catch claim. then it's dropped and everyone acts like it didn't happen. it's baffling

Toalp is on my list of "players I don't believe when they say things" so I don't think I put in any thought beyond the first time I read it.

Oh hey I even made an early post saying this:

CubicalSucrose posted:

The challenge I have with Toal is they usually play "normal" games as if they were on JK's wild ride. Which is going to make it difficult to interpret basically anything they're saying.

On the other hand, Toal is a pretty good scumhunter.

I approve the nudge.

Just finished reading everything. Some thoughts:

First, things I didn't realize until reading every confessional:
- Apparently I gave out items! This was unknown to me.
- Haunting (lol) makes you exe-proof? Well, lol, maybe.
- Holy poo poo the masonry was triggered by a third stress counter? What the gently caress.

Pretty sure this is my first "VT" (mostly) win, which is pretty neat.

Oh I was right about Mycelia's stress <> D20 interaction being "the sensible way to do it" vs. what I remember reading in masonry, so that was nice.
But way off in terms of how the seer-like power worked. The way it actually was done was very reasonable.

Oh, the Snooze / JS thing was weird. I thought Snooze might've been serious, might've been joking. But given the recent uhh, Snooze vs. Infi friction in another recent game, thought it better to assume genuineness. Tricky to read the mood over text.

Separately, Snooze, EGalz, and of course Iggy all played really well this game. Punk being scum surprised me, I think.

Also, I never had any inkling of a real voting bloc (three mutually town-confirmed players) existing. That was quite well-hidden (and/or I was pretty oblivious).

-------------

Really neat concept, pretty reasonable execution on the question responses (and I loved MQ's formatting + mimic'd responses), and (maybe?) more balanced than I expected.

That said, I don't think I'll play another Keats solo-mod game. The lack of consistent, structured updates, no pings on day opens, randomly extended night lengths, and a few fairly egregious errors that (mostly) shafted scum made this an overall very poorly-run experience from a logistical perspective. It was difficult to maintain engagement.

Congrats to salad for winning the game for us.