Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I mean, you wouldn’t have all this money if your mother were still alive, so why are you so upset?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Lottery of Babylon posted:

He only likes debates, and God hasn't participated in those since the Oven of Akhnai.
You lose one argument and now you're sulking in the corner, I see how it is.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

ApplesandOranges posted:

Should I end it with a weeaboo?

Unless the weeb is exceptionally tall, he's not gonna "tower" over anyone in Japan. The average height for adult men in Japan is 170-something centimetres, only a couple of percent shorter than the average American man. It was broadly true that the Japanese were significantly shorter like a century ago or something, but that was also because of stunted growth due to childhood malnutrition, which is just not a thing in Japan in the year 2024.

What a shock that a weeb harbours old racial stereotypes!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shanghaied posted:

Unless the weeb is exceptionally tall, he's not gonna "tower" over anyone in Japan. The average height for adult men in Japan is 170-something centimetres, only a couple of percent shorter than the average American man. It was broadly true that the Japanese were significantly shorter like a century ago or something, but that was also because of stunted growth due to childhood malnutrition, which is just not a thing in Japan in the year 2024.

What a shock that a weeb harbours old racial stereotypes!

According to Estelle, American men are "five foot seven" whatever the gently caress that means.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

According to Estelle, American men are "five foot seven" whatever the gently caress that means.

They're all weird feet guys, I think.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Biplane posted:

They're all weird feet guys, I think.

It is weird to have five foots, or seven.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It is weird to have five foots, or seven.

No, but it is odd.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
You know I'm a little buttercup

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Is it weird to have
five foots, or even seven?

thepopmonster posted:

No, but it is odd.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

AITA for insisting that a closed friendship breakup happened over the phone instead of over text?
Curious about the things u/copaceticconvert is deliberately not saying here, but lol at trying to my-way-or-the-highway someone who literally just told you she's chosen the highway.
I wonder how she'd describe the argument from her side, because his CliffNotes version of "I think religion can help building communities, she thinks young people are too busy to do so" isn't even REMOTELY enough to cause a friendship-ending rift. poo poo, that's a discussion that religions themselves have internally all the time, dating back decades if not centuries.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

MagusofStars posted:

I wonder how she'd describe the argument from her side, because his CliffNotes version of "I think religion can help building communities, she thinks young people are too busy to do so" isn't even REMOTELY enough to cause a friendship-ending rift. poo poo, that's a discussion that religions themselves have internally all the time, dating back decades if not centuries.

"I think Christianity has a place in community-building" and he thinks he gets to unilaterally dictate the terms upon which another person is allowed to stop speaking with him. Whatever it was I bet it was (1) extremely Christian-specific and religion-is-required, not in any way a vague 'religion can be a positive in helping build communities' sort of thing, and (2) just as a side bonus, probably also some kind of phobic

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

And probably only an extremely specific sect counts as 'christian'.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Christians are masters of being judgemental and irritating while maintaining plausible deniability that they're doing it on purpose, it's like all they learn in church

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Captain Hygiene posted:

I can understand the alarm as a problem, but what on earth is going on with a keypad that's loud enough to wake people up? Is that a thing? :psyduck:

It sounds like a bunch of coins landing in a bucket.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Invisible Clergy posted:

It sounds like a bunch of coins landing in a bucket.

Why would you design a keypad to sound like male masturbation????

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shanghaied posted:

Why would you design a keypad to sound like male masturbation????

So your parents will think you're just having a nice wank instead of doing KEYPAD THINGS.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Extreme calm hitler vibes from community-building-religion redditor. I do not give him the benefit of the doubt, and I declare him an rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

3D Megadoodoo posted:

just like a haiku