Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
You might want to wait for Murray to have more than half a good season before you buy his jersey anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Grozz Nuy posted:

You might want to wait for Murray to have more than half a good season before you buy his jersey anyway.

I'm a Sooners fan and a Cowboys fan. Gotta rep both teams at once, nawmean?

Also I already own a Murray jersey, but it's a Reebok and pretty big on me. But it was half off sooo :toot:

E: I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the store I work at gets more jerseys than just Morris Claiborne before the season starts. I can get 25% off if we get the Murray ones in, but I'm still willing to pay full price in order to get the jersey I want.

E2: Cowboys website has the Limited jersey available, they only have navy in Romo, Witten, Austin, and Bryant though. The quality is supposed to be so much better, so I'd rather get a Limited, but if I'm spending that kind of cash on a jersey I want it to be the exact one I want.

MissileWaster fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 22, 2012

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

The New Era Facebook page has the sideline caps that are coming out next month up. Some of them look pretty darn good, honestly.

E: The picture of the Dallas Cowboys alternate isn't on there anymore, it looked alright. I like it more than the other one, I prefer the main hat to be one color instead of two-toned.

MissileWaster fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 25, 2012

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Some logos look good over sized like that, the Giants one does not.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
That certainly is a hat with the Texans logo. :geno:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I'm not spending 30-40 for a plain hat with a lightning bolt on it, thanks.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It's better than last year's I guess. Anyway, won't there be a new sideline cap midway through the season?

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's better than last year's I guess. Anyway, won't there be a new sideline cap midway through the season?

In September they're coming out with a "Cold Weather Collection", but the New Era website doesn't say anything else about any other new hats midway through the season.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Winter caps, if they do it like last year. I don't think there would be a new baseball hat though. Also those hats are boring as hell.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
The quality is going to be good but why are they so boring? I wonder if the NFL has stricter rules on logo usage, like, no alternate colors and fonts and patterns like some MLB caps have? The Steelers and Browns one are real bad but you can't tell me that Raiders one isn't going to be sold out day one.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Mcqueen posted:

The quality is going to be good but why are they so boring? I wonder if the NFL has stricter rules on logo usage, like, no alternate colors and fonts and patterns like some MLB caps have? The Steelers and Browns one are real bad but you can't tell me that Raiders one isn't going to be sold out day one.

Maybe it's because this is the first time New Era is doing NFL hats so they don't want to do anything fancy yet?

And you're wrong, the Browns one is the best one.

E: I asked this in the N/V thread but it got kinda buried in between other discussion, how's the quality on baseball and basketball jerseys from yukijersey? There's a few I would like to get, and 42 bucks isn't bad at all if the quality is good.

MissileWaster fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 26, 2012

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

MissileWaster posted:

Maybe it's because this is the first time New Era is doing NFL hats so they don't want to do anything fancy yet?

And you're wrong, the Browns one is the best one.

E: I asked this in the N/V thread but it got kinda buried in between other discussion, how's the quality on baseball and basketball jerseys from yukijersey? There's a few I would like to get, and 42 bucks isn't bad at all if the quality is good.

That would make sense, but I thought they might take a page from Nike and blow poo poo up.

And you are the one who is wrong.

I had my buddy got a throwback Bettis jersey a while ago from yukijersey or whatever they were called before that. It tore at the neck when he tried to put it on and he is not a big dude, but it was cheap and he had it sowed up, now its good. Overall I hear positive things, and to be honest he deserved a lovely jersey because gently caress the Steelers. Also, they fit weird, imo.

Mcqueen fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 26, 2012

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
The quality is what you would expect given the price.

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
i much prefer hats with a second logo smeared across the top and side cause that's dope

or some form of tiling the logo

poo poo's tight

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
I wonder if they did anything to the underside of the bill of the cap, like how the draft hats have the conference logos.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

GD_American posted:

I don't buy New Orleans Bowl t-shirts.

Familiarity breeds contempt.
If the roles were reversed and USM went to a San Diego bowl (or really any West Coast bowl), you know you'd be rocking that shirt until it was threadbare. Sadly, the Poinsettia Bowl takes MWC teams, and evidently BYU is already penciled in for next bowl season.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Farchanter posted:

I wonder if they did anything to the underside of the bill of the cap, like how the draft hats have the conference logos.

From what I can tell, the underside of the bill on some teams has their second color (look at the Packers one for example). Other than that we won't know until they come out, but I'm honestly kinda hoping they don't for now. I like keeping this first run basic, they can do crazy poo poo with the next line of hats.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
That Browns hat is so bad. The type is small, off center, and a terrible font. If the Browns are going to go with a script logo they need to figure out how to do it better.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad the Bengals are going back to the "B," but I hate those flat bills.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast
The Bears alternate is pretty awesome. The rest are mostly boring

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
So the NFLPA is opening up their own online store tomorrow, with the hook that every single player will have swag available. I'm wondering if that will extend to jerseys, and if so will they be the same price as the rest of Nike's lineup, or will they be glorified customs and cost as such? And is there a chance of getting former players involved? Also, for us cheapskates, will this trickle down to the various jersey sites?

edit - story link http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19552323/online-nflpa-shop-opens-provides-apparel-for-every-nfl-player-revenue-streams

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Finally, I can have a Justin Snow bobblehead

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Finally this skinny white kid can look absolutely ridiculous running around East Asia with the jersey of a 6'1 300 pound black man. He's got about 5 inches and double my body weight.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
So far, the "every player" aspect of the NFLPA shop is just a gloried Cafe Press front. Ah well. Maybe it'll expand later.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
There's one throwback jersey and it's for Pats linebacker Vincent Brown. What?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This whole Nike jersey thing has been a huge snafu from a commercial perspective. Their window to take advantage of people being excited about the change is closing and their selection is pathetic. There is exactly one "elite" jersey available for the Bengals, Dalton in black. You can't even customize the game jerseys without dropping an extra 50$ and the mid tier might as well not exist from how they market it. What a joke. At this rate the counterfeiters will beat Nike to the punch.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Can you even buy the Limited jersey yet?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Is there anyplace that sells legit non knockoff 2011 superbowl jersies?

I got a Cruz and Pierre-Paul from the nfl store when they slashed prices in March, but they're too big on me now and I want to get a smaller one.

Everything on google looks like counterfeit city.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
Anyone get a badass Nike counterfeit yet? Trying to find one as accurate as possible [not that they are even out yet legit]. One I've seen still had a sewn NFL shield and tags instead of the "rubber/tpu" and laser etched.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I don't think anyone's going to have an even remotely accurate one this year, seeing as the real deals are being made in Central America. It's going to take the shops buying a few of their own and figuring out how to make it on their own.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

Toussaint Louverture posted:

This whole Nike jersey thing has been a huge snafu from a commercial perspective. Their window to take advantage of people being excited about the change is closing and their selection is pathetic. There is exactly one "elite" jersey available for the Bengals, Dalton in black. You can't even customize the game jerseys without dropping an extra 50$ and the mid tier might as well not exist from how they market it. What a joke. At this rate the counterfeiters will beat Nike to the punch.

Yeah, it's the same for the Bears. The only Elite jerseys on NFL Shop are an Urlacher home and an Urlacher away. To get an Elite for any other player, you have to drop $300 on a customized jersey, which you have to do at the Bears' online store, because NFL Shop doesn't sell them for some reason. Oh, and you can't get an away or alternate, only the home jersey.

It really doesn't seem like Nike handled the rollout of the new jerseys very well. They had that big expo where they showed off all the new designs like two months ago - you'd think they would have made sure they were ready to start selling before doing that.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

Can you even buy the Limited jersey yet?

Not on the Nike website. On the Cowboys website they have the usual players in team color, and also a Romo throwback. And at the pro shop inside Cowboys stadium they have a team color Murray and I think Claiborne as well.

Everyone I talked to in the jersey section, including a few people working in the area, said they wanted to get a limited but wanted it in white. It's just weird how Nike is doing this so badly, but the jerseys are such good quality that as long as I can get exactly the one I want before the preseason starts in August I won't complain too much.

E: I went in to the Cowboys Pro Shop today, I was looking for one of the new hats in my size but wound up buying the DeMarco Murray white Limited jersey. It's pretty slick, they had a bunch in white and the team color, and I saw the throwbacks in Romo, Dez, and I think Austin too. This is probably my new favorite jersey in my jersey collection, it looks really good and is very comfortable.

MissileWaster fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 14, 2012

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Giants went with this color scheme for their Nike sideline shoes:

Bonus nike gloves:

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
Man the first time I saw those palm logo gloves I thought it was awesome. Now they look so stupid and overplayed to me. Honestly as much as I hate them I think that the Miami Hurricanes should be the other team to have them because it works with "the U" hand sign so well.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
You hate them until you buy a pair and realize you can't loving stop doing that hand thing in the mirror

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
They should make them like mad magazine fold-ins where you can see one image with your hands close together and another when you overlap them.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

drunk leprechaun posted:

Man the first time I saw those palm logo gloves I thought it was awesome. Now they look so stupid and overplayed to me. Honestly as much as I hate them I think that the Miami Hurricanes should be the other team to have them because it works with "the U" hand sign so well.

ahem

also lord almighty you guys are worried about jersey availability. It's July. Relax. The jerseys will sell because they're NFL Jerseys, Nike will make money because they've put a lot into the teamwear, everything will be cool.

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.
Oh yes, ladies and gentlemen, you too can proudly display your pride in the Steel Curtain Rogue's Gallery for a mere $200 + free shipping.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens-ua-gotham-rogues-football-jersey/pid1240312-750

Front (Closeup)

Back

I promised myself way back when rumors about this jersey starting going around I would get one. Combine my love of football and Batman into one wearable thing? Why yes please I'll have one. Once payday comes in I am gladly forking over a chunk of my money to Under Armour.

EDIT:
UA is selling Gothom Rogues shirts, jackets, and hats too. On the fence for the ladies shirt, but I am committed for that jersey.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/gotham-rogues

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

animeluva1 posted:

EDIT:
UA is selling Gothom Rogues shirts, jackets, and hats too. On the fence for the ladies shirt, but I am committed for that jersey.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/gotham-rogues

40 dollars for a tshirt get the gently caress out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If you've tried on the Elites, how much smaller do they run? Would I need to go 48 to have the same general size of a Reebok medium?

• Locked thread