Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Llamadeus
Dec 20, 2005
The kerning, it burns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Vagabundo posted:

Helena Bonham-Carter as the Wicket Witch of the West, Deep Roy as the flying monkeys and Johnny Depp as the Wizard.

Also, Johnny Depp wears a silly hat.

Soundtrack by Danny Elfman. There is a cute dog somewhere too.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

Handsome Dead posted:

I'm surprised the first response wasn't:

Grave $avings posted:

The sad part is I will always hear that in my mind when I read that phrase.
I don't think it's sad at all.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Radio Paranoia posted:

Soundtrack by Danny Elfman. There is a cute dog somewhere too.

Throw in a 30 second cameo of Christopher Lee as the head munchkin, a few black and white strips, and have the wizard be a misunderstood outcast with frizzy black hair and father issues, and bang! Tim Burton's Oz.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jul 6, 2012

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm just disappointed that it's not Jon Boorman.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Moratorium on the phrase "visionary director" please... it now means nothing.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Calling Sam Raimi a visionary director is pure comedy.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wisdom with such age on the timeless trilogy of Spider-Man.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Man they've been playing those on TV a bunch recently and they do not hold up at all.

foodfight
Feb 10, 2009
I just saw this and even though it isn't a poster I thought I would post it. It looks really lazy.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

foodfight posted:

I just saw this and even though it isn't a poster I thought I would post it. It looks really lazy.

Even though that gets posted a lot I still can't believe my eyes whenever I see it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here's a basic plot summary for Oz.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2012/07/disney-unveils-new-oz-movie-poster/1

quote:

The film, directed by Sam Raimi, stars Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz, Michelle Williams and Zach Braff, and focuses on the wizard, Oscar Diggs, played by James Franco.

He's a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, who is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, according to a DisneyPictures release. He's thrilled with his newfound fame and fortune, until he meets three witches, Theodora (Kunis), Evanora (Weisz) and Glinda (Williams), who are not convinced he's a great wizard.

As the story unfolds, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil, and along the way he transforms not only into the great and powerful Wizard of Oz but into a better man, as well.

Release date: March 8, 2013.

Of more interesting note is the release date. March is starting to become a crowded release period for blockbuster movies.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2012/07/disney-unveils-new-oz-movie-poster/1

Of more interesting note is the release date. March is starting to become a crowded release period for blockbuster movies.
That's a bizarre cast.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Haha what is up with that cast. That sounds horrible and I like every one of those actors.

edit: also can't wait for the perpetuation of the Kansas/Oz association and all the stupid jokes that come with it whenever people find out where I'm from.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jul 5, 2012

degauss
Aug 28, 2007

When I get sad, I
stop being sad and
be AWESOME instead.

True story.

foodfight posted:

Spider-Man 2 2 is a great sequel-sequel.

foodfight
Feb 10, 2009
Please let Zach Braff be the dog.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Professor Clumsy posted:

Even though that gets posted a lot I still can't believe my eyes whenever I see it.

I saw one of these the other days in real life, and it's not as bad as it is on a computer screen, the blue is darker and kind of shiny. Still pretty bad though.

tuwhitt
Jan 5, 2004
What the fuck does tuwhitt mean?

Ez posted:

The Phalanx cover is amazing just for its bizarreness. It's certainly memorable.

My favourite thing about the Phalanx cover is that it totally worked. As a kid, I can specifically remember having a whole imaginary back-story in my mind after seeing that cover:

"He's an old man, on his farm. Just relaxing on his porch, playing banjo and sipping on lemonade when -- BOOM. Alien invasion! Oh poo poo!"

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

This sounds like it's just going to be another Your Highness. What.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

redjenova posted:

This sounds like it's just going to be another Your Highness. What.

I am sure James Franco will be tokin' it up the whole way through this Disney film, yes.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I am sure James Franco will be tokin' it up the whole way through this Disney film, yes.

Those Star Wagons are going to be quite cloudy.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

From the reviews I heard there wasn't much pot humor in that movie, despite it's title.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

foodfight posted:

I saw the entire set at a JB Hi-Fi (Aussie and Kiwi goons :hfive:) where they use black instead of blue. It looks way, way better with that colour scheme.

A new banner and poster for The Dark Knight Rises. I wonder if the movie is going to incorporate some elements of The Cult. I get the concept of the poster, but gently caress me, it's lazy.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
That banner is loving cool.

The poster is definitely lazy though. Akin the the laziness of the "official" DKR poster which just kills me:

I know it's been posted before but it's such a great GIF.

At least there's a little more creativity with this Bane one, but not much. It's like some creative director said

"Take this picture"

"And do some poo poo to it. GO! FILTERS!"

Rick Sanchez fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 5, 2012

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Bane's mask has more detail than would be possible with spray paint and stencil.
I'm guessing I'm the only one who cares about that.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Paul Allen posted:

That banner is loving cool
Yeah, it is. But isn't the Bane in the poster pretty much the exact same image with some filters applied that was the first reveal of Bane? I like the idea behind it but that picture ruins it a bit.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It looks cool at a glance, but then you notice the people waving the guns about are copy pastes. It was the guy looking up that I noticed first.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Vagabundo posted:

A new banner and poster for The Dark Knight Rises. I wonder if the movie is going to incorporate some elements of The Cult. I get the concept of the poster, but gently caress me, it's lazy.

How long until people start getting tattoos of the Bane stencil?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

scary ghost dog posted:

That's a bizarre cast.
I think Robert Downey Jr was originally attached to play the Wizard.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

I have a problem with this one. Every time I see my brain tries to read the face as a letter so its "RI (face)SE". I keep thinking it's a misspelling of raise (ie Riase). I just doesn't look right to me and I don't like how the face splits the word in half.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Madkal posted:

I have a problem with this one. Every time I see my brain tries to read the face as a letter so its "RI (face)SE". I keep thinking it's a misspelling of raise (ie Riase). I just doesn't look right to me and I don't like how the face splits the word in half.

I get what you mean. It looks like RIOSE in thumbnail form.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I just noticed that the Bane stencil has the Bat logo where his eyes are. Cool.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

I get what you mean. It looks like RIOSE in thumbnail form.
Nah, it's "Ribanese" (or "Rigothamcitysewese" if your vision is good)

(besides my brain going "wait what" it looks pretty cool though!)

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Dark Knight Rises IMAX poster. Looks better than the official one! But the perspective is weird.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rick Sanchez fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jul 6, 2012

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I see they're rather fond of that promotional still from The Dark Knight.

Red Pyramid
Apr 29, 2008
^^^That would be a pretty cool poster if wonky-perspective Batman wasn't pasted into the middle of it. Just the Batlogo above a burning Gotham.

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

The following is a good poster.

As an Oz nerd, I'm really hoping this has some scary poo poo in it. I wanna see all of the nightmarish stuff that didn't get into Return to Oz. :allears:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Iron Giant and King Kong on sale tomorrow from Mondo

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

Bane's mask has more detail than would be possible with spray paint and stencil.
I'm guessing I'm the only one who cares about that.

No, you're not the only one. I noticed that, too.

Really, since you can't see that detail far away, they should've just got rid of all the little intricate mask details. Also, the bat symbol that the shadows of his eyebrows and bridge make is kinda cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Mondo regular and variant Return of the King posters.