Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006

Nuja posted:

About Kevin Pereira, am I the only one who completely digs every time hes on?

I had no idea who Kevin Pereira was, but I thought I'd listen to the episode for a bit to see how it was, and he's hilarious. He's really witty and always has a funny response. He's waaaay more into nerd poo poo than Joe or Brian are, which is fun because it makes them all talk about different things. I'll definitely tune in again when he's on.

Then I tried listening to Adam Kokesh and that guy is just an annoying libertarian nutbag. Only lasted 20 minutes before turning it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

Smeed posted:

I couldn't make it through the Bobo podcast. The guy is an imbecile. Natives in Canada see bigfoot digging through their dumps but for some reason they "just don't" take pictures of the thing. Fishermen have to give bigfoot salmon or else they'll throw rocks at them... but they dont bait the thing and set up cameras because bigfoot can "sense their magnetic field". If you've been hunting bigfoot for years why wouldn't you go to these places and bait/take pics of the things yourself? Holy gently caress.

The best part was when he got all offended at how South Park portrayed him as a retard.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Stabbing Spork posted:

I had no idea who Kevin Pereira was, but I thought I'd listen to the episode for a bit to see how it was, and he's hilarious. He's really witty and always has a funny response. He's waaaay more into nerd poo poo than Joe or Brian are, which is fun because it makes them all talk about different things. I'll definitely tune in again when he's on.

Then I tried listening to Adam Kokesh and that guy is just an annoying libertarian nutbag. Only lasted 20 minutes before turning it off.

All his episodes are great and worth a listen. I liked the story he told about him being so desensitized from the internet where he was watching some filth video while eating cereal.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@JoeRogan posted:

This week on the JRE Tues @honeyhoneyband Weds @ImmortalTech Thurs @robbwolf Fri @puscifer #SUCKIT #DEATHSQUAD

Powerful week of guests!

I skipped the first honeyhoney podcast, was it any good?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

-Atom- posted:

Powerful week of guests!

It was ok, lots of "you're awesome! no you are!"

I'm half way through this squatch episode and it's absolutely hilarious.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Powerful week of guests!

you should only listen if you want to hear them play, otherwise skip it.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

So did the Maynard J Keenan episode get any better? I found the guy's voice incredibly soporific and switched off after 20 mins. The struggling to make conversation out of vineyards bits didn't help either.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

ZeroDays posted:

So did the Maynard J Keenan episode get any better? I found the guy's voice incredibly soporific and switched off after 20 mins. The struggling to make conversation out of vineyards bits didn't help either.

Gonna listen to it soon.

Also, did anyone else think the Immortal Technique podcast was really, really disappointing? I mean, it was decent but Joe was constantly interrupting him, talking over him and not really giving him a chance to speak to articulate his thoughts and ideas. It was like Joe HAD to control every aspect of the conversation.

I get the feeling that Joe gets really insecure around some people and has a need to take control in some way. He certainly wasn't angry at IM so insecure seems more appropriate.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 1, 2012

Demie
Apr 2, 2004

ZeroDays posted:

brian made him uncomfortable a few times, that was cool

Chromatic posted:

Gonna listen to it soon.

Also, did anyone else think the Immortal Technique podcast was really, really disappointing? I mean, it was decent but Joe was constantly interrupting him, talking over him and not really giving him a chance to speak to articulate his thoughts and ideas. It was like Joe HAD to control every aspect of the conversation.

i think some shows get that way when joe doesn't know the guest well enough. his best shows are with guys who are basically his friends, in my opinion.

Typhus733
Aug 30, 2008
I liked the Maynard one though it wasn't exceptionally great. Maynard repeatedly joked that Brian scared him and was "looking at him" but outside of stuff like that there wasn't a huge amount of humor.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I enjoyed the Maynard podcast. Def not funny but Maynard is an interesting dude that I know nothing about. Plus if you do bjj you are automatically in the same club and can be friends, I think Joe and James got along fine.

Immortal Technique actually impressed me. A lot of "smart" rappers have basically read wikipedia and I can't understand why everyone fawns all over them for being geniuses but he seemed like he might have actually read a book or two. It was annoying when Joe cut him off but sometimes it seemed like Immortal might monologue for way too long without someone getting in there.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
the honey honey one was painful. the girl is really annoying, the guy barely speaks, and like someone else said it's a lot of "you're awesome!" thanks, you're awesome too!"

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I gotta say, the Tito Ortiz podcast was a million times better than I expected. Obviously they talk a good bit about MMA but Tito was calm, thoughtful, articulate, and can really keep a good conversation going.

I know a lot of people think he's a dick(I have no idea I'm a casual MMA fan at most), but he seems to be in a whole different world than what most people make of him.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
yeah right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEMpMdhUnno

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I think every one of Tom Rhodes' jokes went over Joe's head.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Is the Tito Ortiz one worth a listen?

Demie
Apr 2, 2004

toggle posted:

Is the Tito Ortiz one worth a listen?

yup

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
The Tom Rhodes episode really surprised me. The guy seems intelligent and namedropped some cool stuff

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008
So the comedian that Tom Rhodes wouldn't name... Can I even say his name here or will the Forum's get sued? It's kinda hosed up that this guy can go around making moves on young comics and then everyone is so afraid of his lawyers that they won't name him publicly.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Please say it :allears:

I saw Tom Rhodes about 5 years ago and he absolutely destroyed for an hour, then spent another hour just shooting the poo poo with the crowd.

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008

Well the fine gentlemen on this MMA forum seem to have no problems discussing it..http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=2&thread=1872925&page=116

Although If you've heard enough comedian stories the answer is probably obvious.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bONBlJNt0I0&t=408s

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Paul Mooney or Louie Anderson.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I don't know if its been the guests, luck or real effort but Redban has actually been less annoying and decently funny for the last few podcasts. Burbank Badboy Brian redBan was great.

He does way better putting in little quips than trying to tell stories or...talk too much.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
joey diaz is on right now cocksuckers

Peacebone
Sep 6, 2007
Joey Diaz having a meltdown haha

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Peacebone posted:

Joey Diaz having a meltdown haha

"We've got fuckin' AIDS! We've got diseases! We've got fat kids running around!"

I'm dying laughing thinking about fat kids running around being one of the seven seals of the Apocalypse.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only tangentially related, but I just blew through Brody's show on hbo go and found it pretty entertaining.

Phatzilla
Aug 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
brody is the funniest out of the lot of miscreants

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

I wondered why Duncan Trussell hadn't been on in ages when he used to be a regular, that is until I caught the Bert Kreischer episode in which Brian takes a dig at Duncan, meaning he still hasn't let it go. Shame, Duncan was one of my fave guests.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ZeroDays posted:

I wondered why Duncan Trussell hadn't been on in ages when he used to be a regular, that is until I caught the Bert Kreischer episode in which Brian takes a dig at Duncan, meaning he still hasn't let it go. Shame, Duncan was one of my fave guests.

Duncan has been doing his own podcasts lately, maybe he's just been busy with that?

But what's this about Brian having an issue with Duncan?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

AndyElusive posted:

Duncan has been doing his own podcasts lately, maybe he's just been busy with that?

Brian got paid a certain amount (not much) for Icehouse Chronicles shows, Duncan called him out on it during some show in Atlanta (I think) whereas Brian felt he was justified in keeping it all in exchange for his efforts and that the amount wouldn't mean anything split among the usual number of Icehouse Chroniclers.

Still, it nearly came to blows, and they seem to have avoided each other since. Forget which episodes of their podcasts they talked about this on.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

The podcast in which they nearly came to blows was never aired. I forget whose it was (some third parties). The lingering resentment poured onto the JRE in which an adderalled-up Brian shits all over Duncan and argues with Joe. This cringeworthy episode was neutered with all arguments being removed before it was released on iTunes, but of course it's broadcast live so someone captured it.

Duncan's been doing his podcast a long time so that's not the reason for his absence, it's clearly still awkward between the two of them.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I wish Duncan hadn't taken such the high, high, high road about it. I'm in no way some meat head rear end in a top hat but he really sounded like a big pussy being so apologetic about getting mad at someone for pocketing all the money they're making off of you.

edit: Yeah brian isn't hitler the way some people make him out to be, but god drat I'd never be friends with anyone who reacts to any sort of conflict the way he does.

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 10, 2012

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Duncan will probably be on a lot more when Joe gets his new studio set up, which apparently will give him the ability to not need Redban to help him broadcast.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN
New thread title? JRE: It Sounds Like a Monkey Trying to Speak Chinese

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I'd prefer JRX: We got loving AIDS! We've got diseases! We've got fat kids running around!

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

ZeroDays posted:

The podcast in which they nearly came to blows was never aired. I forget whose it was (some third parties). The lingering resentment poured onto the JRE in which an adderalled-up Brian shits all over Duncan and argues with Joe. This cringeworthy episode was neutered with all arguments being removed before it was released on iTunes, but of course it's broadcast live so someone captured it.

Duncan's been doing his podcast a long time so that's not the reason for his absence, it's clearly still awkward between the two of them.

it was a JRE with ari when it's brought up, but i downloaded it from itunes and listened to it so i don't think it was neutered.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ZeroDays posted:

Wow. Deathsquad Drama.

Welp, I guess that definitively answers why Duncan hasn't been back on JRE then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

wolfbiker posted:

it was a JRE with ari when it's brought up, but i downloaded it from itunes and listened to it so i don't think it was neutered.

The Ari JRE episode with the drama I linked above was definitely weeded out. I'd listened to the episode on iTunes and wondered what everyone ITT was talking about until I caught up with it on the youtube capture.