Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
The Community Bounty Hunter guy posted a new fast time:

Day 7 Final Lap Time 1:20.259

He also extended the deadline to Friday Aug. 17th at 8am Pacific. Some of you've got some catching up to do. Also, looks like the unicorn prize for this one is going to be the Nissan R34.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Strenots posted:

Yeah, there's competition in AUGR, but mostly we're just race bros who laugh when someone smashes their poo poo into a wall.

This applies to everybody, of course. I haven't raced with you guys much in the last few weeks, but every time there's some stupid drama over something that happened a half dozen races ago.

Everyone can save and upload replays, if you feel like you've been hosed you have the ability to prove it to the world. Do that, then shut up about it and let the rest of us enjoy driving stupid cars with like-minded people.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy

Strenots posted:

A lot of the others have apparently been around you longer than I have, but from what I've seen it's not an issue of racing cleanly but one of attitude. Few weeks back we waited a "few minutes" for you to grab a tune off the storefront for a spec and you finally made it back in 15-20 minutes later after we got sick of waiting. And then you get butthurt and ragequit after being bumped in turn 1 and getting aero damage after we spent that time waiting for you. And then we have last night. You seem to want to be involved, have some good spec ideas, etc., but then just decide you don't want to race because you're not turning in the fastest times and the track isn't your ideal choice. Yeah, there's competition in AUGR, but mostly we're just race bros who laugh when someone smashes their poo poo into a wall. Chill out and take poo poo less seriously and I have no problem with you hanging around, but the current attitude is annoying as hell.

Point well taken, though harsh, I appreciate you taking the time to explain what it is that I do that offends people. I think you guys are pretty cool for the most part, so I'll do my best to address those issues.

Edit: also, that bounty time is stupid fast. I can't break 1:21

silverbullitt850 fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 17, 2012

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

He also extended the deadline to Friday Aug. 17th at 8am Pacific. Some of you've got some catching up to do. Also, looks like the unicorn prize for this one is going to be the Nissan R34.

That cock sucker, that might be out of reach for me.

Also, does anybody have a good 458 S tune? I can't get this thing to not under steer like a pig then kick out the rear end like it has wheels made of Jello the second I try to rotate it.

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

Oh what the hell. I apparently should have continued chasing your time last night.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

Dr. Faustus posted:

Is your GT Captain Howdy 0?

O wait that's me.

I am Sparkitus.

Well seems I stop racing for a week and poo poo goes down. Almost finished prep-work on that steering-pad thing I'm working on. After spending a few days thinking it would be near impossible, some kind bloke cleared everything up for me. Just got to wait for stuff to arrive now. Including another toggle switch, I accidently lost the spring out of mine :( It most likely just fell on the floor, but its about 1mm wide and 4mm tall... won't be seeing that spring again.

Also, need a paint scheme for it. I'm thinking of spraying the black part British Racing Green with white buttons and such to emulate the old racing Mini Coopers :britain:

I'm also hoping this week I'll get around to grabbing pics of the last F-class additions to my garage, plus my E-class garage.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Just did 40 laps on that with Japandru as the ghost. I can't best 1:21.263. He's absolutely perfect the entire time. His only weakness that I can see is that he brakes conservatively on the 3 corners that go through the village. He dusts me all the way up until there, I'll reel him in then gently caress it up thereafter.

drat.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Cannot Find Server posted:

Well, I'm glad someone said it.

Also, started playing Persona 4 and after 2 hours I realized that the race had started a half an hour ago. Whoops! Maybe I'll be there next week.
Getting to play Persona 4 your first time is an acceptable excuse for missing a race in my books. :hfive: Seriously enjoy that game man, it is *good*. If you see me on IRC sometime (out of town this weekend unfortunately) hit me up if you have questions about the game. :)

On topic - holy poo poo someone got criticized harsh and took it like a man. Kudos to GutBomb for havin the guts and silver for owning up and not making GBS threads up the thread.

Good racin this week for GTCC too! Sad to see my Impreza brothers at the back of the pack though. :(

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

LiquidRain posted:

Getting to play Persona 4 your first time is an acceptable excuse for missing a race in my books. :hfive: Seriously enjoy that game man, it is *good*. If you see me on IRC sometime (out of town this weekend unfortunately) hit me up if you have questions about the game. :)

Oh no, this is my second playthrough. I got the true ending my first and this time I'm going for max social links and filling out the compendium. Also it's nice being able to facefuck the King in Yukiko's castle with no effort, given what happened in my first game the first time I tried to fight him :fuckoff:

But yeah, the game loving owns. I am still not sure how they made a game with so many things I usually hate but managed to make me love.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
gently caress the 190E. I beat the time with a Subaru WRX :smug:. Bentron would be proud.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

The wheel doesn't have true FF. (One of many sources)

quote:

The GT Cockpit 458 doesn’t offer true force-feedback, but it does introduce a “global vibration system” which allows vibrations to be felt in the steering column, wheel, and pedals. Authentic force-feedback would have been the proverbial cherry on top, but my guess is that would have increased the price well north of its $299 MSRP.

The pedal are not adjustable. There's no clutch. I think the price is rather laughable considering you can get true FF and proper pedals with clutch from Fanatec for $250, even taking into account Fanatec's "support" situation.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Aug 17, 2012

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable

GhostDog posted:

The wheel doesn't have true FF. (One of many sources)

The pedal are not adjustable. There's no clutch. I think the price is rather laughable considering you can get true FF and proper pedals with clutch from Fanatec for $250, even taking into account Fanatec's "support" situation.

If only I could get the Fanatec stuff locally, but they don't ship to South Africa. Even if I could get a friend to ship it down from Europe the shipping would be murder.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
The build quality on that wheel and pedal set looks laughable too. My Madcatz PS1 steering wheel looks better built! (It also still works)

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

LiquidRain posted:

Good racin this week for GTCC too! Sad to see my Impreza brothers at the back of the pack though. :(

Hell, I managed to beat out a couple of your precious Impreza's even after the Jag got turned into a drift machine without the rear wing.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

LiquidRain posted:

Don't be sad, man. We knew what we were signing up for. Even with the mishaps I still finished 10th/10th/11th, which is not bad for me in an R3 situation.

O, but to have had full aero on MV. That would have been something.

Now R2, I'm probably gonna go with GutBomb and bring the Furai; but I don't expect to finish any races. :)

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
For those who care the new bounty hunter is on Revenge of the Giants. This is the SUV traffic challenge which was added to the list a bit later than the rest.

The guy's only set a preliminary time at the moment, 1:16.097 in a stock Hummer, but it's a clean lap so there's currently not many in AUGR who qualify.

Looks like there's no clear "better" car on the leaderboards, the Transit and Raptor are both close in the top 10 with the Range Rover and Grand Cherokee both able to lay down very competitive laps.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy

wolrah posted:

For those who care the new bounty hunter is on Revenge of the Giants. This is the SUV traffic challenge which was added to the list a bit later than the rest.

The guy's only set a preliminary time at the moment, 1:16.097 in a stock Hummer, but it's a clean lap so there's currently not many in AUGR who qualify.

Looks like there's no clear "better" car on the leaderboards, the Transit and Raptor are both close in the top 10 with the Range Rover and Grand Cherokee both able to lay down very competitive laps.

I love these challenges. I'm almost always top 100 on them. Why? Watch my ghost on the A-Z28 challenge and you'll know my secret.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

silverbullitt850 posted:

I love these challenges. I'm almost always top 100 on them. Why? Watch my ghost on the A-Z28 challenge and you'll know my secret.
I haven't watched your replays but I am assuming you cheat by blocking the traffic and creating a traffic jam. I guess "cheat" might not be the best word, but its definitely taking advantage of the way the AI works. By all means go for it.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

wolrah posted:

The Raptor's decent but very keen to rollover with race tyres. I did 1:00 in it which hopefully means never attempting the event again

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

-Colon Cowboy

I haven't watched your replays but I am assuming you cheat by blocking the traffic and creating a traffic jam. I guess "cheat" might not be the best word, but its definitely taking advantage of the way the AI works. By all means go for it.

*gasp*

he knows my secret.

Yeah, I know it's cheap/lame/exploitative. I just feel cool for having a two digit number next to my name on the leaderboard for once haha

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

silverbullitt850 posted:

*gasp*

he knows my secret.

Yeah, I know it's cheap/lame/exploitative. I just feel cool for having a two digit number next to my name on the leaderboard for once haha

You just need to get in early on the Rivals events. I was #1 in the world for the land barge drift for all of about 3 minutes, just because I was online right when the events were posted.

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

Crossposting from the AUGR thread.

quote:

Time for this week's photodump from the 8/17 AUGR S-class race on Le Sarthe.

First, our team of crack drivers for the evening.

whatcubed3

Strenots

Boaz Macpherson

aardmania

Threeabboeskie

TravH88

Popsicleman

XPrettyXPandaX

Kilonum

FuzzieMurloc

ACTION ZONE

First straight is going well...

...well, it almost did.

Kilonum goes R. Kelly on us and believes he can fly.

Other shots

Videos of BAD THINGS

Kilonum's Crash Action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkVKn1vsP0Q

Only multi-car incident throughout the race
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkcZ2Ht2Is0

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Fuzzie is my hero for rocking that PRC scheme. R4 for life :whatup:

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Team Dig forever. :colbert: I swear I spent straight half a year doing nothing but time attacking with the Dig Lizard Nightmare. I still wish real cars could sound as nice as that car did. :(

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

Wait, what the gently caress! Hahaha, did he post that lap time within a couple hours of the first deadline? I thought I was safe, but...god drat. You win this round Japandru.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Seymour Butts posted:

Wait, what the gently caress! Hahaha, did he post that lap time within a couple hours of the first deadline? I thought I was safe, but...god drat. You win this round Japandru.

yeah, and gave you to the morning to beat it. dick move

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
I read the Forza forums and in the OP he said that he read the rules wrong and thought the deadline was 8pm. Pretty dick move indeed.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
Just wanted to give you guys a little WIP picture of the wheelpad

Its coming along quite well, still need a nice solid way of attaching the flat metal back of the wheel to the potentiometer though.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Captain Hair posted:

Just wanted to give you guys a little WIP picture of the wheelpad

Its coming along quite well, still need a nice solid way of attaching the flat metal back of the wheel to the potentiometer though.

Oink. Oink indeed.

I would also suggest not mixing smoking with spray painting.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Last Wednesday was GTCC's R3-level spec event on The Road to R1.
We took out R3 tunes (which had to start in R3) out on Sebring, Laguna Seca, and Maple Valley.

I took over 50 pictures so I will break this up into three posts, one for each course:

quote:

At the GTCC Forums, I posted:
Ok, so I *may* have gone a little overboard this week.

The BigShot:

The starting field:

FauxPas104 gets out in the clear early:

Lightg1obe and tricerotophat:

SwedeSpeed740 negotiates turn 17:

Liquidrain sports his E/N livery:

DriverZiploc chases Sigma One as Rainwave and CaseFace McGee have a close encounter of the you-know-what kind:

GutBomb303 moves in on Sigma One and Rainwave:

PhancyPants83, with llama slay3r and DarkPhoenix104 close behind:

Captain Howdy 0 cheats across the rumblestrip to pass PhancyPants83:

...and tries to hang onto position through turn 17:

CaseFace McGee and tricerotophat:

SynMoo360's Wizard Ferrari:

And llama slayer decides: the brake markers, they absolutely must go:

Which makes an amusing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeIkqeNvUbI

Next up: Laguna Seca.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Laguna Seca

The BigShot:

The starting field:

A little Turn One action:

During a tough racing incident early in Lap One, SwedeSpeed740 threads the needle to survive unharmed. CaseFace McGee and Rainwave, among others, are not so lucky:

Charging up the hill to the Rahal Straight:

Pursuit down the corkscrew:

llama slay3r charges in his Veyron:

FauxPas104:

Lightg1obe and tricerotophat:

DriverZiploc:

CaseFace McGee and ... whichever Jaguar that one is, drat:

GutBomb303 and SynMoo360:

Where's AndrewCoja? O, there he is in the Impreza:

Yep, I'm gettting passed by Sigma One. Unfortunately for me, the charge behind me made me panic and I overcooked the next corner and spun out, losing my 6th place and resuming in 9th. D'oh!

...and then I lost 9th position on the final straight to SwedeSpeed740. By that much:

Last up: Maple Valley! (be afraid)

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Aug 19, 2012

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
...and the final installment. It's... something

quote:

Maple Valley

The BigShot:

The starting field (regular size):

Turn One mayhem:

Charging up to the bridge, and the incident:

To help you make sense of the following screenshots, here is the incident from the right front of my Subaru: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6iV4rmNM_8

And here are various perspectives on the incident and the aftermath:

SwedeSpeed740 stops at the scene to try to get llama slay3r and GutBomb303 back onto their wheels:

...and when he tries to get a running start, Lightg1obe comes screaming around the corner with no time to react; and, well... the tragedy is compounded:

With llama slay3r righted and limping towards the pits, two of the club members succeed in getting GtuBomb303 upright again:

And then the three cars help push each other to the pits:

I lost all my aero and 27% transmission in the incident, so events like this, getting passed, became depressingly common for me:

AndrewCoja and SynMoo360:

Survivors of the incident waiting for the PTSD to subside a little:

DarkPhoenix104 and FauxPas104:

PhancyPants83 drifts it:

At first I thought this was an awesome exercise in tandem drifting: Note: I just found out this was after-race AI drivers being AI drivers!

...until if suddenly went all wrong and became this: Note: I just found out this was after-race AI drivers being AI drivers!

And to bring the pain to an end, FauxPas104 brings it home to win 1st place and start the end race timer of relief:

Next week: R2. Pray for death.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 19, 2012

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

FauxPas put together a hell of a car for me, but once the rear aero went she became a smoke machine! Thanks for taking all these photos again.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Seymour Butts posted:

I read the Forza forums and in the OP he said that he read the rules wrong and thought the deadline was 8pm. Pretty dick move indeed.

He really should honor his original time. :-\

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Yeah gently caress that guy. I beat his time last week and felt good cause I never win anything in this dumb game, checked back for a couple days making sure he hadn't updated it, went out of town and he puts up another time at the last second. I'm not doing any more of that bounty crap unless they change the rules so this bs doesn't happen.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am on vacation in Hawaii currently, and have seen a lot of pretty nice exotic supercars on the road. :mmmhmm:

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
I'm loving the 3700+ pounds pre-1971 drift event. Hachi Roku Kaido was fun, but throwing a '64 Impala into corners sideways is one of the best things I have done in Forza.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Cowwan posted:

I'm loving the 3700+ pounds pre-1971 drift event. Hachi Roku Kaido was fun, but throwing a '64 Impala into corners sideways is one of the best things I have done in Forza.

I built a lincoln for that event and it's fantastic. I'm horrible at it and all I do is crash over and over on every curve but it's still super fun.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

-Colon Cowboy
Has anyone had a chance to try any of the IMSA cars yet? If so can you post times/tracks and more importantly, thoughts on the cars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Cowwan posted:

Yeah, this is one of the best drift events yet. I keep meaning to build a drift Continental, but my old retard-spec (full power, stock sloppy suspension) Cadillac is not only fun to drift but obviously gets the job done.

• Locked thread