Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Pepto-bismol can't even hope to treat the burning sensation of Bruce Willis.

e: also hoping this becomes a hit so we can see Blooper, a parody of time travelling movies written by the roommate of one of the writers of Scary Movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
What is up with the bumps on Willis's dome?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Lt. Chips posted:

What is up with the bumps on Willis's dome?

I think that's hair.

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Are there really that few photos of Bruce Willis out there?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
In the minds of Messrs Pegg, Wright and Frost, neither Hot Fuzz nor Shaun of the Dead are spoof/parodies.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 23, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
They were more like affectionate homages.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

There's a little Bruce Willis in all of us.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Coffee And Pie posted:

I think that's hair.

On Bruce Willis? I refuse to acknowledge such flights of fancy.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
The Man Inside Me.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Nice touch with the first O in the title doubling as a clock.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Handsome Dead posted:

Are there really that few photos of Bruce Willis out there?

They're all unique photos, it's just that all of his looks are the same.

Blue Steel, Le Tigre, Magnum, Mercury Rising, Fifth Element, etc.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:

Doflamingo posted:

Nice touch with the first O in the title doubling as a clock.

I can;t think of another movie where they made up an actor to look like another actor. Pretty awesome!

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Say you're a studio. You've got a big fall movie, big names, some Oscar potential, and a director with two solid productions under his belt. You've got to come up with a poster that'll put butts into seats.

:effort:

Try harder next time.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
I dunno, just the cast names alone make me wanna see it?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well...they probably did.

edit: the rest of this is changing. Always in motion is the future.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 24, 2012

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
What's bothering me is the realizing that the image of Brad Pitt is flipped. Mossberg shotguns have breeches on the other side, and I'm fairly sure Pitt is right-handed.

Is it that bad to have him pointing right instead of left?

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Robert Denby posted:

Say you're a studio. You've got a big fall movie, big names, some Oscar potential, and a director with two solid productions under his belt. You've got to come up with a poster that'll put butts into seats.

Try harder next time.

:haw: Poster of the year.

It immediately reminds me of subway stations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Android Bicyclist posted:

Yeah, your version looks unbalanced as gently caress.

That's a really weird poster though. I think Pitt against the harsh black looks a little off. Still looks like a boss movie though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah, your version looks unbalanced as gently caress.

That's a really weird poster though. I think Pitt against the harsh black looks a little off. Still looks like a boss movie though.

If he moved the title over to the right side, like it's on the left in relation to Pitt it would be fine.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

TheJoker138 posted:

If he moved the title over to the right side, like it's on the left in relation to Pitt it would be fine.

Yeah, but then the name "Brad Pitt" would be on the far right and that would look really weird so they could centre it or blah blah blah. They consider all these things and the fact that Pitt was flipped isn't the bad part of that poster at all.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah, but then the name "Brad Pitt" would be on the far right and that would look really weird so they could centre it or blah blah blah. They consider all these things and the fact that Pitt was flipped isn't the bad part of that poster at all.

poo poo, I didn't even think of the name thing. This looks more like it should be one of several teaser character posters than the actual poster poster.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Does anyone have an example of a violent action movie/etc. movie with guns and stuff having a movie poster that looks girly or like a romantic comedy or something? I want to see that done for some reason. Have it with the typical fonts for chick flicks and vintage filters or something but it's some dude with a gun or something.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Robert Denby posted:

Try harder next time.

Screw y'all, I like this!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm just baffled that anyone would name their kid "Scoot."

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Android Bicyclist posted:

What's bothering me is the realizing that the image of Brad Pitt is flipped. Mossberg shotguns have breeches on the other side, and I'm fairly sure Pitt is right-handed.

Is this a movie where Brad Pitt takes to the street in response to his continued objectification?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

caligulamprey posted:

I'm just baffled that anyone would name their kid "Scoot."
From wikipedia:

quote:

McNairy's birth name is John, but he has never gone by that name. His father began calling him Scooter when he was about two years old. He has commented on his nickname, saying: "A lot of people are like, oh, it must be some amazing story. But it’s because I used to scoot around on my butt."

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Cage posted:

From wikipedia:

Shouldn't he be called "Benji" in that case?

Canadian Surf Club
Feb 15, 2008

Word.
I don't know, "Brad Pitt with a shotgun" and a noir-ish title actually does it for me.

Where's the trailer

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Canadian Surf Club posted:

I don't know, "Brad Pitt with a shotgun" and a noir-ish title actually does it for me.

Where's the trailer

Page 11 of the trailer thread :)

ChickenSuit
Apr 2, 2002

"You know I love you back."
There's this one as well. I hate the look of graphics clearly made in illustrator with grunge and texture just tossed on top of it. Really wish that fad would go away despite using it at work myself.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I can't read that title without hearing the Fugees song in my head.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

edit: fixed the image leaching

I cannot wait to see this. DDL is quite possibly my favourite actor these days. :allears:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

ChickenSuit posted:

There's this one as well. I hate the look of graphics clearly made in illustrator with grunge and texture just tossed on top of it. Really wish that fad would go away despite using it at work myself.

Are you sure this is a studio poster? I don't think you can have a gun pointing out like that in a poster.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Mister Chief posted:

Are you sure this is a studio poster? I don't think you can have a gun pointing out like that in a poster.

Wikipedia says it's the theatrical release poster, and wikipedia is always right. :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cartoon Man posted:

edit: fixed the image leaching

Sold. Where do I buy my tickets and why can't I do it right now?

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Mister Chief posted:

It's also the poster apple trailers is using.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Isn't it an MPAA thing? There has been numerous examples posted in these threads where the position of a gun has been changed, the most famous example probably being Bangkok Dangerous and the invisible gun.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Canadian Surf Club posted:

Should have just called the movie "Brad Pitt with a shotgun". I mean, that is really what they're trying to sell might as well make it absolutely clear what you're getting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MrBling posted:

Should have just called the movie "Brad Pitt with a shotgun". I mean, that is really what they're trying to sell might as well make it absolutely clear what you're getting.

People would think it was a sequel to Hobo with a Shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

This poster raises so many questions.